Hacking Is my card is really class 4 (have benchmark screenshot)

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
I have bought 4 GB micro SD for my DS flash card. Form pic. below, It show the benchmark of my MicroSD card. I'm not sure it's really class 4 because some write speed result is below 4000 KB/s. Did I misunderstand?

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomrev said:
I have bought 4 GB micro SD for my DS flash card. Form pic. below, It show the benchmark of my MicroSD card. I'm not sure it's really class 4 because some write speed result is below 4000 KB/s. Did I misunderstand?

What brand of flash card did you get and where did you buy it from?

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, chances are it's a legit SD card. The 4MB/s is the maximum theoretical transfer rate for a class 4 card. The fact that you're around that number seems to confirm that you do have a class 4 card.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
It's may not correct to use the maximum transfer rate to classify class of Micro SD.
I have read on wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

SD Speed Class Ratings

SD Cards and SDHC Cards have Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum write speeds based on "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied":[8]

* Class 2: 2 MByte/s - 13x
* Class 4: 4 MByte/s - 26x
* Class 6: 6 MByte/s - 40x

*** minimum write speeds based on "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied" ***

What is sentence "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied" mean? And, Does my benchmark result can determine the class?

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stand corrected. Yes, the class rating pertains to the minimum, not maximum write transfer rates. There's a good thread over here where they discuss SD class ratings.

Apparently your benchmark is not necessarily valid. The SD governing body apparently has their own benchmark used to determine the class rating. Regarding fragmentation, you want to have no fragmentation. The more the disk is fragmented, the slower your write/read speeds will be.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
After I read your link, I get many useful info about Micro SD(HC)'s class. I think my card is possible true / false class 4. Class specification is loose that manufacture can adjust measurement as they wish. Thank you gtmtnbiker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night