DitDit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
So this morning, my brother, who is pretty young, was playing FIFA 20 Legacy Edition. He accidentally selected Connect which crashes the games, due to us having 90DNS enabled. He restarted the Switch, booting us into OFW. As he is young, he doesn't fully understand the difference between CFW and OFW, so he tried to play FIFA again to no avail. He then shouted to me to sort it out, so I attempted to start BotW and realised that the Switch was running OFW. So I booted up my PC and went into AMS. Afterwards, I ran the corruption check on BotW so I could play it again but accidentally pressed re-download instead of cancel. Worst thing to happen in a while lol. I thought all I had to do was reinstall it, so that's what I did, but when starting the game I got "Update data will be downloaded.", so I went into OFW, removed 90DNS and downloaded the rest of the data directly from Nintendo (stupid, i know). After booting back into AMS I got: "An error occurred. Please try again from the HOME Menu" (or something like that). I moved the recently downloaded data from the SD Card to NAND, but I got the same error. I consider myself to have a pretty good understanding of CFW and Homebrew, but for some dumb reason I decided to delete the tickets for BotW with Goldleaf. What spiralled from that was me deleted BotW and reinstalling it over and over again in an attempt to get the tickets back. It didn't work, so I consulted Google. I found a thread about not being able to install tickets, and they had their problem fixed by using Hekate to Clear the Archive Bits (i think that's what the tool is called), and after doing that I was able to download BotW with the tickets, but I still had the original error. I followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-archive-bit-for-all-sd-files-and-folders.515258/ but the error continued. I hope I do not have to format my SD Card, but I will if I have to fix the error.
All help is appreciated. (what makes the situation even more annoying is that i completed all the shrines yesterday)

Last edited by DitDit,

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your post is unreadable. It's not possible to troubleshoot anything without a proper and logical description about what happend.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all,
So this morning, my brother, who is pretty young, was playing FIFA 20 Legacy Edition. He accidentally selected Connect which crashes the games, due to us having 90DNS enabled. He restarted the Switch, booting us into OFW. As he is young, he doesn't fully understand the difference between CFW and OFW, so he tried to play FIFA again to no avail. He then shouted to me to sort it out, so I attempted to start BotW and realised that the Switch was running OFW. So I booted up my PC and went into AMS. Afterwards, I ran the corruption check on BotW so I could play it again but accidentally pressed re-download instead of cancel. Worst thing to happen in a while lol. I thought all I had to do was reinstall it, so that's what I did, but when starting the game I got "Update data will be downloaded.", so I went into OFW, removed 90DNS and downloaded the rest of the data directly from Nintendo (stupid, i know). After booting back into AMS I got: "An error occurred. Please try again from the HOME Menu" (or something like that). I moved the recently downloaded data from the SD Card to NAND, but I got the same error. I consider myself to have a pretty good understanding of CFW and Homebrew, but for some dumb reason I decided to delete the tickets for BotW with Goldleaf. What spiralled from that was me deleted BotW and reinstalling it over and over again in an attempt to get the tickets back. It didn't work, so I consulted Google. I found a thread about not being able to install tickets, and they had their problem fixed by using Hekate to Clear the Archive Bits (i think that's what the tool is called), and after doing that I was able to download BotW with the tickets, but I still had the original error. I followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-archive-bit-for-all-sd-files-and-folders.515258/ but the error continued. I hope I do not have to format my SD Card, but I will if I have to fix the error.
All help is appreciated. (what makes the situation even more annoying is that i completed all the shrines yesterday)
Why are you not using emuNAND? You're probably gonna get banned because you booted OFW on an unclean sysNAND.

DitDit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you not using emuNAND? You're probably gonna get banned because you booted OFW on an unclean sysNAND.

Honestly, I'm not too bothered about getting banned. It's not like I can go online now anyways. Is there any other reasons I'm unaware of?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Honestly, I'm not too bothered about getting banned. It's not like I can go online now anyways. Is there any other reasons I'm unaware of?
It's a waste of a perfectly good cert, that will lower the value of the Switch and make it undesirable if you ever decide to sell it. Using emuNAND also would have prevented your brother from screwing things up.

DitDit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a waste of a perfectly good cert, that will lower the value of the Switch and make it undesirable if you ever decide to sell it. Using emuNAND also would have prevented your brother from screwing things up.

Ah, ok. I will look into using emuNAND. Also, do you have any idea what the problem is? I'm guessing corruption but not certain that it is. I've just done a corruption check and it said that there was no corrupted data.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah, ok. I will look into using emuNAND. Also, do you have any idea what the problem is? I'm guessing corruption but not certain that it is. I've just done a corruption check and it said that there was no corrupted data.
Never had an issue like that myself. Did the error say anything else?

supaastahhmarioo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To put it bluntly. I had this problem with BotW. Dodgy af. In the end, I ended up starting from scratch again. I’m using SXOS with emunand. I just backed up my saves then nuke that bad boy. Create another emunand then reinstall my games.

I found botw would run without the dlc but with the update. Every time I would install the dlc it would crash. I tried multiple things but no luck.

I’m talking about different files for the game from different sources. It was the switch it self causing the problem. Almost like left over files conflicting.

dude create a emunand and go from there. Wipe your ofw. Try and keep that clean

DitDit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never had an issue like that myself. Did the error say anything else?
No, just "The software was closed because an error occurred."

To put it bluntly. I had this problem with BotW. Dodgy af. In the end, I ended up starting from scratch again. I’m using SXOS with emunand. I just backed up my saves then nuke that bad boy. Create another emunand then reinstall my games.

I found botw would run without the dlc but with the update. Every time I would install the dlc it would crash. I tried multiple things but no luck.

I’m talking about different files for the game from different sources. It was the switch it self causing the problem. Almost like left over files conflicting.

dude create a emunand and go from there. Wipe your ofw. Try and keep that clean
That's really strange, but I will give it a try.

I've also tried installing BotW from a different source, no luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Black unmarked vans with red writing, will come to your house again if you do.