Hacking Is it worth staying on 5.05?

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, which is why I wanted to get an understanding of whether it was "soon" as in the next couple of days, weeks, months or actually he had no idea.
tbh they really don't give a time or release date, and whenever someone ask about a fw hack they say something like, "it will be ready when its ready" or "be patient and wait". so basically no eta on the hack and they will be ready whenever they announce the hack

Last edited by Darksabre72,
Reactions: pop13_13

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tbh they really don't give a time or release date, and whenever someone ask about a fw hack they say something like, "it will be ready when its ready" or "be patient and wait". so basically no eta on the hack and they will be ready whenever they announce the hack

They've repeatedly said that they aren't even going to look at an exploit for a newer firmware until they've got a homebrew scene up and running. I think it's partly because changing to a new firmware will require more work to their stuff.

But I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to the post saying that there was a mira payload release coming soon. They've added some functionality that might tempt you into using mira instead of xvortex/sistro ps4-hen-vtx. It will definitely still be for 5.05/5.07 and use the same kernel exploit, which is the reason you shouldn't update.

Last edited by smf,

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've repeatedly said that they aren't even going to look at an exploit for a newer firmware until they've got a homebrew scene up and running. I think it's partly because changing to a new firmware will require more work to their stuff.

But I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to the post saying that there was a mira payload release coming soon. They've added some functionality that might tempt you into using mira instead of xvortex/sistro ps4-hen-vtx. It will definitely still be for 5.05/5.07 and use the same kernel exploit, which is the reason you shouldn't update.
ahh gotcha thanks for the info

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I wouldn’t sell it for that much. To low.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For that price I’m keeping it.

Reactions: pop13_13

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep it and not update or sell it and buy another system. I remember a lot of people updated on the ps3 for much the same reason only to have a full hack be released within days of that decision. I don't think you want that to happen to you with the ps4.

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
The only bad thing is that I have first model (500 GB) and not PRO (5.0.5). I would rather wait for full hack release on PS4 PRO than on old PS4, so that I can play games in 4K. Are there any 5.05 exploitable PS4 Pro bundles?

Last edited by n00b2015,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
keep it and not update or sell it and buy another system. I remember a lot of people updated on the ps3 for much the same reason only to have a full hack be released within days of that decision. I don't think you want that to happen to you with the ps4.

If updating means we get a full hack within days, then please get on with it :D

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i suppose, although i did hear they was able to backport games, along with creating their own sdk rather then relying on Sony's leaked one. So hopefully that should head into getting an exploit soon. (considering they wouldn't do an exploit until homebrew starts to appear)

MODDED WARFARE posted a cool video about it:

Last edited by Darksabre72,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.