Hacking Is it worth staying on 5.05?

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have checked out the ps4 homebrew community and there isn't alot to do and it seems like sony is probably not going to patch the bug anytime soon so that a new exploit can be relased, so i wonder should i stick to 5.05 or upgrade to a higher firmware?

edit: they patched the fw now at 7.00

Last edited by Darksabre72,

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
most of the games that were released on 5.05 are quite cheap already during PSN sale. since it lacks of homebrews, so yeah, maybe you want to sell it if you want to play the latest games.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Max wait time is two years, then the PS5 will be out for a year and the support for PS4 will have died out. Then (and only then) can we expect the ultimate hacks (hope it is sooner haha)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Max wait time is two years, then the PS5 will be out for a year and the support for PS4 will have died out. Then (and only then) can we expect the ultimate hacks (hope it is sooner haha)

Hmm, unfortunately not.

PS4 released 2013... PS3 received an update in 2019... by your logic PS3 should have been dead by 2015.

Also if the exploit is in any way relatable to PS5... and it’s not patched on PS4: still might have to wait.

Reactions: Mazamin

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, I didn't think it was worth it. I played maybe 1-2 games that I liked and then updated.
Unless you already paid for all the best games, I disagree. (Or you're missing out on some stellar games!

God of war, horizon, GTAV, last of us, infamous, uncharted series, tomb raiders, drive club, shadow of the colossus, street fighters, assassins creed series, little big planet, alien isolation, ratchet and clank, homefront, metal gear, just cause, cod series, heavy rain, beyond two souls, Batman games, dark souls games, resident evils, Naruto and dragon ball games, dead island, mafia, bioshocks, waitchdogs, tekken, mortal kombat.... yeah nothing to play....

Hundreds of PS2 games as well for injection...

Heaps of homebrew, emulators, tools, and more....

I have PSVR and there are 50+ games available just for that.

Real talk:

Detroit/Spider-Man/rage2 etc etc wouldn’t persuade me to update a 5.05 console.

I bought a new pro so I could play the new games, and I still spend 99% more time on 5.05. So many gems.

Last edited by KiiWii,

brollikk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with kiwi. I also own 2 ps4 pros for this same reason. The hacked one is like the equivalent of gaining thousands of dollars of games for free. People who update just can’t do math.

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have checked out the ps4 homebrew community and there isn't alot to do and it seems like sony is probably not going to patch the bug anytime soon so that a new exploit can be relased, so i wonder should i stick to 5.05 or upgrade?
On march 2020..i'm gonna up the firm to play FFVII remake...When the EOL has come i jailbreak it again or not...

Last edited by Bergot,

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you already paid for all the best games, I disagree. (Or you're missing out on some stellar games!

God of war, horizon, GTAV, last of us, infamous, uncharted series, tomb raiders, drive club, shadow of the colossus, street fighters, assassins creed series, little big planet, alien isolation, ratchet and clank, homefront, metal gear, just cause, cod series, heavy rain, beyond two souls, Batman games, dark souls games, resident evils, Naruto and dragon ball games, dead island, mafia, bioshocks, waitchdogs, tekken, mortal kombat.... yeah nothing to play....

yea sadly most of the games i want to play i can't with a 5.05 console. (unless someone makes an spoofer for the games) although i do hope for some homebrew in the future. if nothing comes up i'll just play on my bro ps4 pro for now until something comes up for the ps4 scene.

edit: if not then i will just think about selling it. btw thanks for the response

Last edited by Darksabre72,
Reactions: KiiWii

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, they market new games to make you feel like they are all that matters... but most great ps4 games work on 5.05

It costs money to market a game, most sales are within a short time of release. Therefore they will always market new games the most.

I'm kinda bored with ps4 at the moment, I've played more psvita lately.

Reactions: KiiWii

ssjtroly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to add more while ignoring the fact support for ps4 might not end that soon and that ive only been reading about the ps4 scene for a few days, i dont think we will see as much homebrew as you would for something like og xbox and wii because it seems the ps4 runs linux amazingly (havent been able to test this yet tho) due to the fact of having gpu drivers for it.
back in the og xbox days, there were so many separate homebrew apps because linux and windows ce didnt have drivers for the gpu so alot of popular apps had to be ported to native xbe.

brollikk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in no world is updating a ps4 on 5.05 really a good move. You can EASILY save for a used ps4 which is always going down in value as time goes on (compared to a 5.05 ps4 that goes UP in value as time goes on). Almost always the decision to do this is because a little kid wants to play kingdom hearts 3 RIGHT NAO and probably won't even finish playing that game either.

Reactions: rommy667

ssjtroly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in no world is updating a ps4 on 5.05 really a good move. You can EASILY save for a used ps4 which is always going down in value as time goes on (compared to a 5.05 ps4 that goes UP in value as time goes on). Almost always the decision to do this is because a little kid wants to play kingdom hearts 3 RIGHT NAO and probably won't even finish playing that game either.
from what ive read, you dont even need a new ps4 just a new hard drive and system recovery pup.
maybe thats misinformation though and sony makes changes to chips on the motherboard in new firmware.

Last edited by ssjtroly,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'M pretty sure PS4 is hacked but only few people hold the exploit, they are waiting for $ony to announce the EOL.

it's all up to you: if Ps4 is ur only console then stop waiting update FW and enjoy it.

Last edited by leon315,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...