Hacking Is it worth staying on 5.05?

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@IndieDeveloper

Bro this is a hacking form it doesn't matter what's illegal or legal all ppl wanna do is just play bootleg games that's why they modify their consoles. If you honestly care about the SDK and legality you might as well be on an official PS4 forum and not this one. The main point of the thread was it worth on staying on 5.05. Some ppl do and some ppl dont based on their own beliefs. I have over like 60 PS4 games that I actually own that's why staying on 5.05 is pointless for me but guess where is my PS4 with all my 60 games collecting dust in my closet.

To be very real with you piracy is dying slowly but surely due to the fact of you have Game pass and PS4 Now (It's kinda bad but its a start) you have options of playing the latest games without fully purchasing them idk about PS4 since I havent logged into mines in a while but I do know when you have Xbox Game pass + EA Pass its like why hack the system for ? I know there is the convo about emulators and etc but again to be real with you you can play most of them on any android tablet.

This Gen PS4 was only hacked for a short period of time and then patched ... Xbox never got hacked not once (DEV option is avaiable for $20 if you wanna use retroarch) Only system that been modded was the Switch that's still thriving, 90% dont care if it's illegal they just wanna game either offline or online risking a ban

D

Deleted User

Lol. If you think sony cares about the court fees you are delusional. They do not. Look at the insanity nintendo has been on lately! What it comes down to is protecting their ip and revenue. Again the limited userbase is truly what insulates a homebrew sdk at the moment. I noticed a dev opened a patreon seeking donations for it (and bravo to him for his work)but you can already see one of my potential scenarios taking shape. The court case you site is irrelevant. Let me say it again in caps IRRELEVANT. The reason being that here you are citing a console made decades ago. A disagreement between two corps. And it discussed physical modification/reverse engineering by a distributor of software. Corporations have learned from Sega’s mistakes. That is why your ignoring this is frustrating. Unlike the party in the sega case you do agree to terms and while you may claim you “own it” you violating those terms will not be ignored by a court. You have much less standing/respect than a corp in court i assure you.

if you are going to quote me get it right. The part you cut off is that the times have changed. I will agree that this is discussion prior to things being clearly defined. That I will agree to. But the thing I know in my heart and mind is that the courts are not with our cause and certainly not the corporations. The next two years I feel will not resemble today. The youtube of today is very different. Your search results are very different. Many of the sites are gone. Two years from now as certain algorithms advance I wonder if you might see a news site post that the ps5 or kernel of ps4 has been hacked...

only to see the article gone/erased by that evening...

i know myself i have witnesses a news aeticle disappear in front of my eyes...most of us have see the “blocked in your country” messages...in such a world how can you lay so much trust in the courts to protect us...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look at the insanity nintendo has been on lately!

What insanity?

Unlike the party in the sega case you do agree to terms and while you may claim you “own it” you violating those terms will not be ignored by a court.

Can you could provide me the terms you think I've agreed to? and proof that I agreed to them?

Are they compatible with the law?

https://vidstromlabs.com/blog/the-legal-boundaries-of-reverse-engineering-in-the-eu/

Consequently, the owner of the copyright in a computer program may not prevent, by relying on the licensing agreement, the person who has obtained that licence from determining the ideas and principles which underlie all the elements of that program in the case where that person carries out acts which that licence permits him to perform and the acts of loading and running necessary for the use of the computer program, and on condition that that person does not infringe the exclusive rights of the owner in that program.

Last edited by smf,

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ps4 pro. On 5.05. Should I update or wait for something? I have a lot of games on disc I want to play and newer games. Was going to sell my updated slim and just update my pro. Wish there were more usa region dumps. Dont want EU stuff on my NA console

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ps4 pro. On 5.05. Should I update or wait for something? I have a lot of games on disc I want to play and newer games. Was going to sell my updated slim and just update my pro. Wish there were more usa region dumps. Dont want EU stuff on my NA console

Chances of an updated exploit dropping soon is slim to none. We (hopefully) have 5.05 Mira, OOSDK and PS5 incoming in the next 12 months, so it’s going to be at least a year before anything IMHO.

Update if you want, if you can live with the fact you updated... but what if an exploit dropped from out of nowhere... can you hang on?

lol.

I have a 7.02 updated pro for online and discs, a 5.05 phat, and a testkit for everything else.

Retroarch and backported dev dumps have reinvigorated the 5.05 scene recently. Anything is possible.

As for this threads OOSDK arguments: open SDK will create binaries containing no SONY code and using no SONY tools. I don’t see how it can possibly be illegal but that’s just my 2 cents.

PSL1GHT for PS3 helped devs make 100% legal Homebrew. Didn’t see anyone close that down. Perhaps I missed it?...

Reactions: Mo Poge and peteruk

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time will come my friend, now we have just to hope that something will be released for fw6.20. But I see why you updated and I didn't do the same just because I have to play few other games on the PS3 :rofl:
well after awhile it did finally come almost 2 years since my post

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We know 6.5x kex exists.

We know Spider-Man has been dumped.

We know other 5.5x+ games have also been dumped.

We know how to wait patiently.

B-)
the wait was long but i am glad it's finally here, but the only thing that is missing is online now (which i doubt it will ever happen with a modded ps4)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Up to you. I am staying with 5.05 since I updated from 2.57. They will release it and you will be regret if you update to the latest and wont be able to jailbreak at all. Dont lose your faith or we will say "We told you so".

Thats not smart things to do. You should wait until Sony say anything about PS5 with PS4 backward first. I wont sell mine until I am absolutely sure about PS5 with PS4 backward and what they have in up their shelves. That's why I am waiting much longer. Doesn't matter. I am not in the hurry. PS5 is away from now.. Even into 2020 of April or November.
glad that they have finally have backwards compatability wish it had more like the ps3/2/1 and even the vita/psp

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a ps5 now is still a challenge with this covid crap and theres not alot of games as of now. The interesting part is that to make the ps5 relevant you'll have to go after its exclusive titles otherwise a jailbroken ps4 will give you more bang for your buck especially if its a ps4 pro.
We really don't need to have psn access its just going cause ppl to get banned and this site will be flooded with "Can I Unban my ps4?" threads like the jb ps3

Last edited by MasterJ360,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because of the way I was treated in the ps3 scene. I have some knowledge of switch hacking, but I'm not a part of that scene for the same reason.

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I called people out who were only in the scene for efame. if you look at my tutorials, you'll see I give credit to everyone but myself, yet I'm the bad guy.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup