Hacking Is it worth it to get a Wii U at this point?

NutellaSwirl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Afaik all Wii's and Wii U's can be modded for Wii/GC games, but do you guys think it's worth it to get a Wii U because I'm not certain if Wii U iso loading will happen, so I don't want to find out later I wasted over $150. You think it's worth the risk?

NutellaSwirl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well backup loading in the Wii U will eventually happen, in form of a Softmod or in form of a ODE.
Really? I remember reading something like you can only do a certain thing with the Wii U through the internet browser or something like that. I'm really uneducated on these kinds of things, but I'm guessing that limits alot.

NutellaSwirl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right now we only have a internet browser exploit which was patched in 5.2 (but there are many other expoitable browser bugs) and a inprogress kernel exploit which was patched in 5.3.
Thanks. Do you think iso loading is achievable through an internet browser exploit in your opinion?

Gallito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion if you get a Wii now, by the time you buy a WiiU there will most likely have been a price drop. That price drop will most likely cover the price of the Wii originally purchased, and you end up with another machine to play games, stream netflix, and use as a media center. My two cents...

NutellaSwirl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my opinion if you get a Wii now, by the time you buy a WiiU there will most likely have been a price drop. That price drop will most likely cover the price of the Wii originally purchased, and you end up with another machine to play games, stream netflix, and use as a media center. My two cents...
But by then, might as well get the next console, rather than the Wii U since it should have backwards compatibility. I'm just not sure when iso loading would be available for Wii U to see which console I should get. Idk maybe I'm overthinking things :/

NutellaSwirl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is if we can get a kernel exploit. I wasn't very clear, we need a initial exploit (right now, the browser bug) and then a kernel exploit to do iso loading and stuff.
Thanks. One last thing, when do you think WiiU iso loading would be available? Just looking for a rough guess, since you seem to know a lot more than me.

I'm thinking that since the WiiU isn't very popular, it might not have much support, so if it takes a long time I could just get a Wii, and the console after the WiiU because it should have backwards compatibility.

Gallito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never hacked a current console so I've never dealt with updating issues. If the games are worth playing they can have my money. I'm also waiting for the new Zelda, but MK8 is making it a hard to.

NutellaSwirl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never hacked a current console so I've never dealt with updating issues. If the games are worth playing they can have my money. I'm also waiting for the new Zelda, but MK8 is making it a hard to.
Haha, I'm just worrying alot because I buy my own stuff, and I don't want a job atm because I need to focus on my grades too. And yeah, new Zelda looks sickkk

NutellaSwirl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to write "what a prick" . but i fear thats just plain insulting..
Haha, nah I probably am a prick. Sorry, its just that I buy my own stuff, but I'm still in highschool, so money isn't too easy to come by.
But thanks for that, you're right actually. If I'm gonna be pirating games, then I shouldn't be picky on buying the consoles.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you planning on buying a wii? Most of the ones that you can find in a retail store are the newer small models and cannot be modded. Get a wiiu, pirate all the wii and gc games your heart desires and then when wiiu iso loading becomes an option(sometime in the distant future) you can pirate those too.

There will be no need to update your console if you don't have any games. Just think of the extra money spent on the wiiu as an investment in the future.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A used Wii depending on the accessories should be well less than $100, a refurbed Wii U from Nintendo about $240 with tax. If you look hard enough you can find used Wii U games for 30% off or more depending on the age of the game.

If money is tight and you don't have a console get a Wii, if you can afford the Wii U get it and the. You can buy the important HD games you want at a price point you are comfortable with. If you know you will not be able to purchase any Wii U games or receive them as gifts don't buy it. There is no guarantee there will ever be backup loading.

The question you need to answer is "What games do I want to play and can I afford to play them?"

If you have a good PC and only want Wii games investigate Dolphin.

My 9 & 12 year old boys primarily want Nintendo exclusives out of a console so the other systems are not even a consideration, in a few years that may or may not change.

NutellaSwirl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A used Wii depending on the accessories should be well less than $100, a refurbed Wii U from Nintendo about $240 with tax. If you look hard enough you can find used Wii U games for 30% off or more depending on the age of the game.
Whaaaat where? I've only found Wii plus accessories for $100, maybe its cuz I'm in Canada
If money is tight and you don't have a console get a Wii, if you can afford the Wii U get it and the. You can buy the important HD games you want at a price point you are comfortable with. If you know you will not be able to purchase any Wii U games or receive them as gifts don't buy it. There is no guarantee there will ever be backup loading.

The question you need to answer is "What games do I want to play and can I afford to play them?"

My 9 & 12 year old boys primarily want Nintendo exclusives out of a console so the other systems are not even a consideration, in a few years that may or may not change.

NutellaSwirl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Oops, last one didn't show up I think.
Where do you suggest I look for Wiis? I've found alot of $100 ones on craigslist, but never anything "well below $100."

leo5546

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to buy a Wii U for modding purposes, then I say wait. The Wii U probably has the best chance of getting hacked out of the three consoles. Personally, I also find the Wii U the best consoles out of the three. I own all three consoles (PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U), and I barely touch my PS4 or Xbox One.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again