Hacking Is it time to update?

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys, I've been on 3.2E for a long while now, obviously it was the safest point to have on homebrew, is it now time for me to update to 4.1E? (The Safe Update) and if so where can I get it?

P.S., do you guys suggest bootmii as a boot2? and if so how do i do it?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rizzod said:
Hey Guys, I've been on 3.2E for a long while now, obviously it was the safest point to have on homebrew, is it now time for me to update to 4.1E? (The Safe Update) and if so where can I get it?

Well.. it depends what your goal is. Do you want to be able to copy channels to SD and play VC / Wiiware from it ? Then yes, you could do the update.
You could use Waninkoko's 4.1 updater to upgrade. If you get error -1036 install 4.0 first. I came across this problem once.

QUOTEP.S., do you guys suggest bootmii as a boot2? and if so how do i do it?

Yes ! DO THIS FIRST ! before installing anything else. After finishing the installation, make a nand backup to SD and copy it over to your pc for safekeeping.

I'm not gonna take you by the hand like a baby. Installation is pretty straightforward so you figure it out yourself.
Installation files are very easy to find.

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You Kind of helped me... thank you.
Still, do i NEEEED to install 4.1E for any necessary reason at this time? or can i stay with 3.2E?

and also i have got the bootmii files, i would just like to know how to make it as a boot2.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, you don't NEEEED to. You could run into 'problems' not being able to run a certain game.
But then you can always install the missing IOS's.

And for the Bootmii part.. installer gives you the choice of installing as IOS, or Boot2

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WalkerOfTheDay said:
No, you don't NEEEED to. You could run into 'problems' not being able to run a certain game.
But then you can always install the missing IOS's.

And for the Bootmii part.. installer gives you the choice of installing as IOS, or Boot2

awesome, thank you sir. will be doing that now.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
3.2e still works fine, it's the easiest system menu version to install homebrew on without a lot of faffing about and as long as you don't intend to use the sd menu (which the cios rev 15 apps will render obselete), there's really no need to update unless you're one of these people with an obsession of having everything as new as possible. There's no games you can't run on 3.2e.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.