Homebrew Is it safe to update to 11.3 now?

Trophies
Country
Canada
People really need to stop asking.
Threads like these are way too much and GBATemp needs to stop them.
If you can't Google your way to the answers, don't ask.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Rilaction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have luma and since hbl is working with it would it be ok or would you guys suggest not to.
Could I still launch .3dsx files ? I seen another thread and the guy talking about fbi was only launching when he started the cia not the 3dsx

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

People really need to stop asking.
Threads like these are way too much and GBATemp needs to stop them.
If you can't Google your way to the answers, don't ask.

Im so sorry I made you upset.. I havent seen a single thread where someone asked about being safe to upgrade yet all ive seen was DONT UPDATE threads but anyways. Dont bump the thread if youre not going to help

Trophies
Country
Canada
Could I still launch .3dsx files ? I seen another thread and the guy talking about fbi was only launching when he started the cia not the 3dsx

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im so sorry I made you upset.. I havent seen a single thread where someone asked about being safe to upgrade yet all ive seen was DONT UPDATE threads but anyways. Dont bump the thread if youre not going to help
Actually, if you know how to Google search stuff, or even look on GBATEMP, there is.
One of the main threads on GBATEMP is about the update and there is quite a few about the update too.
Don't ask if you can't look.

Rilaction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if you know how to Google search stuff, or even look on GBATEMP, there is.
One of the main threads on GBATEMP is about the update and there is quite a few about the update too.
Don't ask if you can't look.

I actually just searched what I asked and found out what I already know and that is that you can update and use HBL. Then I saw a guy saying his fbi.3dsx file wasnt loading and only loaded with the cia so I asked this thread to see peoples opinion on it.

Trophies
Country
Canada
I actually just searched what I asked and found out what I already know and that is that you can update and use HBL. Then I saw a guy saying his fbi.3dsx file wasnt loading and only loaded with the cia so I asked this thread to see peoples opinion on it.
Then there was no point making a thread if you found the answer....

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Make a nand backup Just in case.

Do you use the homebrew channel alot? If so, dont.

If you do play online alot, update luma first and update.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Same question here. I just updated Luma, is it safe to update using System Settings to 11.3 now or am I missing a step?
To make it clear, I got a N3DS PAL. For me, it didn't work with HBL Loader 1.3 and 2.9 payload until I updated to the latest nightly.
So do what you will with the info, if it doesn't work for you after updating the payload and cia. Just update to the latest nightly. Else there is a work around involving turning off the extra performance of the N3DS on titles.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make it clear, I got a N3DS PAL. For me, it didn't work with HBL Loader 1.3 and 2.9 payload until I updated to the latest nightly.
So do what you will with the info, if it doesn't work for you after updating the payload and cia. Just update to the latest nightly. Else there is a work around involving turning off the extra performance of the N3DS on titles.
Same using a n3ds the homebrew CIA 1.3 and 2.9 hax weren't working till I updated to Luma nightly.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your situation yeah it'd be fine to update. But if you ever wanted to go back to pre-11.3 you should consider making a nand dump before updating.
Making a NAND backup before updating is best practice anyway. You should always make a backup before doing any changes to firmware and NAND in case something goes wrong.

Reactions: imRed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: like who the fuck cares about NES Golf