Hacking is it safe to setup nnid in gateway

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i completly forgot to setup a nnid. i clicked the icon then backed out in emunand. then the sysversion was 10 i freaked and turned of the 3ds all is fine tho. it did not say gw in front of the version number.

if i set up a nnid now will it update my 9.0 sysnand 03dsxl sys9.0 emunand 10

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 9.0 with 6.0 mset so wont be able to do in sysnand. im just worried its going to update sysnand iff i try it in emunand.
why do i need multi patcher to access eshop?

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 9.0 with 6.0 mset so wont be able to do in sysnand. im just worried its going to update sysnand iff i try it in emunand.

It patches something within the NAND which the eshop looks at to determine whether you're running the latest firmware. In other words, it makes the eshop think you're on the latest firmware.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If your nands are unlinked, setup a different theme between the two / setup different folders.
Once you're in emunand as long as you don't launch System Setting then back out (kicks you to sysnand) you'll be fine.
But if you want to, you could always update via a title manager, if you didn't want to use the 3DS' built in updater.

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have to creat another one. I formayed emunand on on my old one with out.thinking etc and sysnand. If i patch sysnand your are saying emunand will know tjat ssnamd dosent meed updating

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-