Homebrew Is it possible to...

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have a Slot-1 Flashcart, and my friend doesn't have a flashcart, but I want to send him Homebrew, so I'm planning to install FlashMe on his DS lite. That will allow me to send homebrew to him (just to play for a while)

How exactly do I do this?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chaosdarkneo said:
I only have a Slot-1 Flashcart, and my friend doesn't have a flashcart, but I want to send him Homebrew, so I'm planning to install FlashMe on his DS lite. That will allow me to send homebrew to him (just to play for a while)

How exactly do I do this?
yes you can do this. i had to use ysmenu to do it though cause other loaders mess up the header

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another World said:
linking to a guide usually means a download link for flashme, which is something we can't link to on this forum.
Why? Is flashme illegal because it contains parts of the ds firmware?

D

Deleted-236924

FIX94 said:
Another World said:
linking to a guide usually means a download link for flashme, which is something we can't link to on this forum.
Why? Is flashme illegal because it contains parts of the ds firmware?
It's about 99% the original firmware.

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when I search for FlashMe guides, I get things that require a Slot-2 flashcart.

I only want Slot-1 flashcart methods, if those exist. Could someone PM me what to search for on Google? I've searched for "FlashMe Slot 1 guide" and no dice...

EDIT: Searched for a different thing and found it
wink.gif

It says there is a risk of bricking, but moreso on DS Lites because of contact issues with Flashcarts... Is it safe since my Flashcart has PassMe? It should skip the corrupted firmware and boot into the cart, right?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
chaosdarkneo said:
But when I search for FlashMe guides, I get things that require a Slot-2 flashcart.

I only want Slot-1 flashcart methods, if those exist. Could someone PM me what to search for on Google? I've searched for "FlashMe Slot 1 guide" and no dice...
Just install it and its ready to use, no need for a slot 2 card.

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install it though? XD

Is it just a .nds file that I need to run? Or something more? Plus, I have a new question in my previous post.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chaosdarkneo said:
How do I install it though? XD

Is it just a .nds file that I need to run? Or something more? Plus, I have a new question in my previous post.
yes its an nds file and no passme will not work on ds lite. just download the flashme file from google the first link and then just run it. and btw if it doesn't run you need arm7.bin i think

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
isn't the safety button combination flashed by the time it hits 1%?

-another world
In theory, yes. Unless is shuts off almost instantly that it has started the flashing process, you should be able to recover.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashMe installation is indeed just as simple as running a .nds file and following the prompts. However, I don't think it will really help you for what you're trying to do. The closest thing to what you want is "Wireless Multiboot" but that was for sending a single *.nds file from your computer to the DS via DS Download Play. This only worked on specific wireless cards, and you needed to have FlashMe installed if you wanted to send over homebrew files; without FlashMe, you could only send officially-encrypted DS demos.

Wayyyy back in the day, someone managed to get a partially working WMB host on the DS itself so you could send the .nds file from your own DS to the other one, but that was way before the days of DLDI so it only worked with maybe 3 slot-2 devices.

A better idea would be to just put your slot-1 device in your friend's DS, launch the homebrew file, and eject the card. The program will stay in RAM and keep running until he turns off his DS (erm, at least I think it will work. I don't think the program will freeze, but my memory is hazy). This will have the exact same limitations you would have when using WMB, namely, the .nds file must be completely standalone and must not require filesystem access to function. Since a large majority of homebrew nowadays uses filesystem access, this will severely restrict the available titles he can demo, but it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Regarding the FlashMe installation, I've heard the number stated as 3% to be sure you can recover if needed, with an absolute minimum from some people saying 1% is enough. I'd be more concerned in making sure the emergency FlashMe recovery mode can boot your specific slot-1 card, though.

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program freezes... I was simply attempting to install FlashMe on his DSlite. I did it and it works. Thanks guys for all the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu +1