Hacking Is it possible to usb load decompiled Wii U games?

Kliffcom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please read the other usb releated threads You posted in there and all answers are in the first post. No you can't load games from usb that are decrypted and no you can't dump your games into wud

Important info - What works or not - Please read before asking questions
  • If you want to install on HDD, you need to format your HDD to WiiU format. Attention it will DELETE everything on that drive. DO NOT USE THE DRIVE YOU USE FOR vWII!
  • You can use any USB drive, Hard Drive or Pen Drive. Some Hard Drives will require external power or a Y Cable
  • You might want to turn HDD sleep mode OFF before installing game to USB.
  • The downloaded games need to be the region of your Wii U. You can install game from another region but it will not launch.
  • The games will be playable online!
  • You can install as many games as you want on your system as long as you have enough space, but only one at a time, because of the folder limitation.
  • Already purchased DLC are working. You can purchase new DLC too.
  • You can't use non legit DLC. Use Loadiine with DLC support for that.
  • You can update the game (remove the server filters or use NNUPatcher before launching the game) or use WUP installer to install manually.
  • You can transfer games installed to you Hard drive to your internal storage and it will run fine
  • You can install games to internal storage without installing to USB
  • If you have an existing savegame/DLC/Update for your game on your internal storage, move it to your USB before installing the game to USB or you'll lose your savegame!
  • To install your Loadiine savegame into the console, use Saviine homebrew. Guide available here, or a youtube video tutorial here. savegame from another region should work, but not with all games.
  • NUS downloads DO NOT contain the tik file, you need to extract the ticket from the WUD file, or from a console who already played that game.
  • You can now dump a ticket from your console with CFW booter. (still not user friendly! let knowledgeable people do it. Brick risk!)
  • DO NOT ASK HOW TO MAKE OR DUMP A WUD, it's NOT POSSIBLE. release group are releasing games WHEN THEY DECIDE. That's all.
  • if the game is not on that site, or is present but "nuke", it means the WUD does not exist for this game.
  • You can install ONLY games which exist in disc format. eShop only version can't be installed because the ticket is tied to the console used to buy that game.
  • You CANNOT use your loadiine ready game format with this method.
  • You cannot brick your WiiU with this method, as long as you try games and updates. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANYTHING ELSE (like system titles) OR YOU WILL BRICK.
  • Don't install games you bought on eShop with this method. (unknown what would happen, just be safe and don't mess your tickets already installed officially)

Last edited by Kliffcom,
Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasnt sure if the method has evolved since it was introduced and since the OP has been banned there would be no way to update the thread if any new development has occurred. That is why I made my own thread to ask, hope you can understand.

mame_au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it would be nice but the problem with that is most of the games that we used to run on the SD card system were cut & shut to make work, plus the current idea uses a modded tik file to fool the wii u into thinking its a downloaded title from the e store

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read the other usb releated threads You posted in there and all answers are in the first post. No you can't load games from usb that are decrypted and no you can't dump your games into wud
You can dump the ticket with

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-load-a-fw-img-for-any-file-dumping-wiiubru-status-update.445840/

I wasnt sure if the method has evolved since it was introduced and since the OP has been banned there would be no way to update the thread if any new development has occurred. That is why I made my own thread to ask, hope you can understand.
Mods like Cyan can edit threads. Cyan has been updating it since she was banned.

Last edited by xtheman,

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at the bottom of the first post, you would of seen that it is being updated by @Cyan

EDIT: Ninja'd

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The op can also give editing rights to other users.
But thats a moot point considering the user is banned.

Still good to know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just to save me the trouble of making another topic. Is it possible to launch homebrew without self hosting from another device?

Was hoping all this new development has made some progress in that regard.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But thats a moot point considering the user is banned.

Still good to know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just to save me the trouble of making another topic. Is it possible to launch homebrew without self hosting from another device?

Was hoping all this new development has made some progress in that regard.
loadiine.ovh bookmark it on your wii u

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna have to really break that down for me.

So do I add anything more on my SD card? What is the exact address I am saving on the Wii U's browser?
You need nothing else to do this. save the website "loadiine.ovh" once on the page click submit and you be in the homebrew launcher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ps2 emulators watching you fap through Chinese fan made roms