Hacking Is it possible to restore a older entrypoint nand backup?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh boy this is a problem.

@d0k3 does one of your tools have a way of reflashing a firm0firm1.bak?
What did you guys do again... -_-

A full NAND restore just works by copying the NAND backup to S:/ (also reverts b9s). Mind if I remind you that's information that could have easily gotten out of the readme? If that doesn't solve it, quick summary of the problem, please. I won't got through 5 pages of thread.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A full NAND restore just works by copying the NAND backup to S:/ (also reverts b9s). Mind if I remind you that's information that could have easily gotten out of the readme? If that doesn't solve it, quick summary of the problem, please. I won't got through 5 pages of thread.
his extended memory games won't work and so far we haven't found a fix

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well it was worth a shot

D

Deleted User

Alright thanks. A lot of people already denied that it would, so thank you.

And sorry for taking your time, but we really appreciate you helping the OP.

JackAttackYT

no longer on GBATEMP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

basically i updated from B9S 1.0 And luma 7.1 to B9S 1.2 and 8.0 and now no Extended memory apps work. and i did use SafeB9SInstaller To Downgrade and it didnt fix. games still give a error.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The error is that process9's file opening function can't open "boot.firm" on the SD card. It's the same thing that happens when you region change and/or ctrtransfer, and no one knows why.
Backup the NAND and format it from system settings and try again with a cart, this fixes it in the cases above.

JackAttackYT

no longer on GBATEMP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error is that process9's file opening function can't open "boot.firm" on the SD card. It's the same thing that happens when you region change and/or ctrtransfer, and no one knows why.
Backup the NAND and format it from system settings and try again with a cart, this fixes it in the cases above.
When you say that, do you mean format and restore my nand backup? Will i lose b9s?

JackAttackYT

no longer on GBATEMP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it will work somone else tried

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If I'm not wrong, you can just run SafeB9SInstaller with the B9S 1.0 files and it'll work. After that go back to Luma 7.1.
Don't think that restoring the backup will change the B9S part.
Somebody else please confirm.

Last edited by trinhno,
Reactions: Pyra

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: