Homebrew Homebrew app Should I trust Pretendo?

Awesomesauce3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm just wondering about Pretendo. I was looking into it, and I already have a modded console running Luma 3ds 13.0.0+ and was just wondering if Pretendo is safe and will not harm my console. The news of the servers for Nintendo 3ds being shut down got my attention, because I love playing online with my console. Also, I'm thinking about installing Thirdtube (a YouTube replacement for the Nintendo 3ds) and was wondering if that was safe as well? I really like my console and am already getting afraid about the consoles' CFW. Just the way I feel when playing my console is great, so I really don't want to brick it. I have a CTRNand backup, but don't know how to fix a brick with it and don't want to go through the trouble of it. I modded my console via. 3ds.hacks.guide. Any thoughts on it?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love playing online with my console.
You're going to have to decide for yourself whether your love for playing online outweighs your concerns about using unfinished software.

Also, I'm thinking about installing Thirdtube (a YouTube replacement for the Nintendo 3ds) and was wondering if that was safe as well?
It's as safe as installing anything else? But I'm not sure if it's working at the moment, and wouldn't practically any other way of watching Youtube videos be a lot more comfortable?

I really like my console and am already getting afraid about the consoles' CFW.
It's a bit late to be afraid now.

Error52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed Pretendo on my 3DS and while nothing is 100% certain with these things I can't imagine a situation where it bricks your console. You install the app, run it, choose between Pretendo or official servers, and you're done.

Awesomesauce3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's as safe as installing anything else? But I'm not sure if it's working at the moment, and wouldn't practically any other way of watching Youtube videos be a lot more comfortable?
I want to be able to watch YouTube videos in 3D, if that's possible? Also, I just kinda want to test out the features that the application Thirdtube has. Would you recommend installing it via. FBI remote install with a QR Code?

Last edited by Awesomesauce3ds,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to be able to watch YouTube videos in 3D, if that's possible? Also, I just kinda want to test out the features that the application Thirdtube has.
Did you just skip over the part where I said I'm not sure ThirdTube is working at the moment?! If you're not interested in reading documentation, then you should absolutely be VERY afraid.

Taking a look at the last post in https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-thirdtube-a-homebrew-youtube-client-for-the-new-3ds.591696/ suggests that it is, in fact, still working, but you would probably be better off downloading videos separately with youtube-dl or a similar utility, copying them to your SD card, and watching them via Video Player for 3DS. The release notes suggests that Video Player for 3DS does support 3D videos, but I haven't tried that personally and it's not clear if that feature was carried over to ThirdTube.

Would you recommend installing it via. FBI remote install with a QR Code?
The means of installing it shouldn't make any difference.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

NameXrb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i did do all of that but when i launch mario kart 7 and go to online multi, it says its discontinued even though i set my pnid on my 3ds but i meant how can i tell if i am using pretendo and if its working.=

Attachments

• WIN_20240414_09_56_08_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240414_09_56_08_Pro.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto