Hardware Is it possible to re-affix a screen protector?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently used my 3DS for the first time, so I decided to get a screen protector. The top one worked just fine, but inbetween dusting off the bottom one and applying it, a few specks of dust fell onto the screen, and now they show up with air bubbles. So what I'm wondering is if it's possible to take off a screen protector and still have it work, or if it's possible to use a credit card or the smoothing tool to get rid of those specks without scratching the screen.

Sressiv

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can just grab a creditcard and slide towards the air bubble. At least, that worked for me a couple of times. Depends on the type of screenprotector though, I think.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just grab a creditcard and slide towards the air bubble. At least, that worked for me a couple of times. Depends on the type of screenprotector though, I think.
Since I have dust or other foreign material in the air bubble, won't the speck scratch the screen?
Air bubbles will drop out over time in my experience
Even when there's a foreign object inside them?

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
u cant reapplly iit once its on. the back is sticky.
just rub the spot until the air come out.

also next time you should do it in a place with lots of moisture to prevent dust. some have suggested running hot water in the bathroom sink until the air fills with moisture,

but what i do is wait until someone boils a pot of soup on the stove, then do it on the kitchen table before supper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, https://share.temu.com/YqgVFFKi0qA lol