Is it possible to juggle multiple sd /emunands?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hipcheck7, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Hipcheck7
    OP

Hipcheck7 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2013
    United States
    Hi.

I have a 32db sd card, I am on 9.2 Sysnand, 10.5 emunand using rxtools nightly. Everything works great, no problems there. However, it is full of games and other data, so I can't install the last few games I want.

I have a 16gb blank SD card lying here. could I setup a new emunand on this, and in turn install additional game .cias?

If so, could I then turn off the system to switch the SD cards? As in, say SD card 1 has games A and B, and SD card 2 has games C and D, could I swap as needed?

Thanks in advance.

2. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    Yes you can do that. You can even copy your emunand onto the other card, then delete all the CIAs installed on it, if your 2nd sd card is at least as big as the 1st.

3. Hipcheck7
    OP

Hipcheck7 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2013
    United States
    It's not, but thank you.

So, should I just create a new emunand using the gateway site, then boot like normal?

Could I create a new NNID for this emunand or would that be a bad idea?

4. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    I don't know how the process goes via the gateway site, I did mine all manually (or the 'other way'). But it should work fine.

And I don't know, I only use my NNID on sysnand. It's up to you, it's not like Nintendo will ban you since they currently have no way of checking of someone is in emunand.

5. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    haven't tried it but theoretically it should work that way.

6. DeathChaos25

DeathChaos25 Unmei wo kaeru!

Oct 21, 2015
    You can just use emuNAND tool, extract the emuNAND from your first SD and inject it onto the 2nd one, as easy as that.