Hacking Is it possible for me to build my own flashcart from scratch?

VGamer1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys. I only officially joined recently but I have occasionally been reading topics here, for a very long time. I should first make it clear that because 3DS-era flashcards can be risky, I have so far stuck to the safety of my SuperCard DSTWO that I purchased in 2014. It still works great, but now I want to embark on a new project - building my very own DS-era flashcart (which I hope can be made to be compatible with my New 3DS XL). I would of course keep the DSTWO as a backup. Does anyone think they can help me? As a side note, I am learning the BASIC programming language so it would be nice if I were able to use that to build the flashcart. Thanks in advance for your help, guys!

VGamer1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If that's the case, does anyone have any suggestions as to which programming language(s) I should learn in order to do what I'd like?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
ASM and C, along with a huge amount of research into the 3DS hardware. I don't mean any disrespect, but if you though that BASIC would be sufficient to build a 3DS flashcart then I'm not sure you will have the technical expertise to achieve your goal. I would love to be proved wrong of course. Good luck with your project.

VGamer1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ASM and C, along with a huge amount of research into the 3DS hardware. I don't mean any disrespect, but if you though that BASIC would be sufficient to build a 3DS flashcart then I'm not sure you will have the technical expertise to achieve your goal. I would love to be proved wrong of course. Good luck with your project.
LOL, sorry. I just didn't know. I'm a complete beginner, so if what I say makes me sound like my momma dropped me on my head when I was a baby (which she didn't - I'm a high functioning autistic with apparently above average intelligence), then I do apologize - that is not my intention.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LOL, sorry. I just didn't know. I'm a complete beginner, so if what I say makes me sound like my momma dropped me on my head when I was a baby (which she didn't - I'm a high functioning autistic with apparently above average intelligence), then I do apologize - that is not my intention.
Chill :D
But you need to know much about low-level programming and electrical engineering to build a flashcard. In addition to that you must do much research on how the DS works (libnds' sourcecode and http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm would help you there).
SO it may be something for the future if you decide to study something into that direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 1tb SD card for whatever reason