Is it possible for me to build my own flashcart from scratch?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by VGamer1991, Mar 6, 2016.

1. VGamer1991
    OP

VGamer1991 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2016
    Canada
    Hi guys. I only officially joined recently but I have occasionally been reading topics here, for a very long time. I should first make it clear that because 3DS-era flashcards can be risky, I have so far stuck to the safety of my SuperCard DSTWO that I purchased in 2014. It still works great, but now I want to embark on a new project - building my very own DS-era flashcart (which I hope can be made to be compatible with my New 3DS XL). I would of course keep the DSTWO as a backup. Does anyone think they can help me? As a side note, I am learning the BASIC programming language so it would be nice if I were able to use that to build the flashcart. Thanks in advance for your help, guys!

2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I think you'll need to know a lot more than BASIC to build a flashcart.

3. VGamer1991
    OP

VGamer1991 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2016
    Canada
    If that's the case, does anyone have any suggestions as to which programming language(s) I should learn in order to do what I'd like?

4. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    ASM and C, along with a huge amount of research into the 3DS hardware. I don't mean any disrespect, but if you though that BASIC would be sufficient to build a 3DS flashcart then I'm not sure you will have the technical expertise to achieve your goal. I would love to be proved wrong of course. Good luck with your project.

5. VGamer1991
    OP

VGamer1991 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2016
    Canada
    LOL, sorry. I just didn't know. I'm a complete beginner, so if what I say makes me sound like my momma dropped me on my head when I was a baby (which she didn't - I'm a high functioning autistic with apparently above average intelligence), then I do apologize - that is not my intention.

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Chill :D
    But you need to know much about low-level programming and electrical engineering to build a flashcard. In addition to that you must do much research on how the DS works (libnds' sourcecode and http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm would help you there).
    SO it may be something for the future if you decide to study something into that direction.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice