Hacking Is it possible for me to build my own flashcart from scratch?

VGamer1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys. I only officially joined recently but I have occasionally been reading topics here, for a very long time. I should first make it clear that because 3DS-era flashcards can be risky, I have so far stuck to the safety of my SuperCard DSTWO that I purchased in 2014. It still works great, but now I want to embark on a new project - building my very own DS-era flashcart (which I hope can be made to be compatible with my New 3DS XL). I would of course keep the DSTWO as a backup. Does anyone think they can help me? As a side note, I am learning the BASIC programming language so it would be nice if I were able to use that to build the flashcart. Thanks in advance for your help, guys!

VGamer1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If that's the case, does anyone have any suggestions as to which programming language(s) I should learn in order to do what I'd like?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
ASM and C, along with a huge amount of research into the 3DS hardware. I don't mean any disrespect, but if you though that BASIC would be sufficient to build a 3DS flashcart then I'm not sure you will have the technical expertise to achieve your goal. I would love to be proved wrong of course. Good luck with your project.

VGamer1991

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ASM and C, along with a huge amount of research into the 3DS hardware. I don't mean any disrespect, but if you though that BASIC would be sufficient to build a 3DS flashcart then I'm not sure you will have the technical expertise to achieve your goal. I would love to be proved wrong of course. Good luck with your project.
LOL, sorry. I just didn't know. I'm a complete beginner, so if what I say makes me sound like my momma dropped me on my head when I was a baby (which she didn't - I'm a high functioning autistic with apparently above average intelligence), then I do apologize - that is not my intention.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LOL, sorry. I just didn't know. I'm a complete beginner, so if what I say makes me sound like my momma dropped me on my head when I was a baby (which she didn't - I'm a high functioning autistic with apparently above average intelligence), then I do apologize - that is not my intention.
Chill :D
But you need to know much about low-level programming and electrical engineering to build a flashcard. In addition to that you must do much research on how the DS works (libnds' sourcecode and http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm would help you there).
SO it may be something for the future if you decide to study something into that direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee