Hacking Is is difficult to switch from Acekard 2 to R4i Gold / Supercard DSTwo

katiesam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have a DS Lite and have been happily using an Acekard 2 for many years but it's now stopped working - the screen just displays "FAT error".

My friend has an Acekard 2 as well, which works fine in my DS Lite using my SDHC card. My Acekard won't work in my friend's DS Lite so I'm fairly sure my Acekard is at fault rather than the memory card.

I've been looking at the forum and the 'which flashcard should I buy' thread and have seen that most people seem to recommend the R4i Gold and Supercard DSTwo.

I've seen that these are both compatible with DS Lite and also 3DS (which I plan to buy at some point in the future).

Would it be difficult to swap my ROMs and save games over from using an Acekard to using either an R4i Gold or Supercard DSTwo?

Also, are there any recommended and reputable UK sellers?

Thanks

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
dstwo is considered as the best flashcart at the moment, but it costs more than r4 gold card, if you need its extra feature (gba/snes etc.), get the dstwo, people often go for the r4 gold card since it's cheaper.
GBA/SNES emulation is not the only extra feature. Seeing how many of the older R4i Gold models are locked out, the DSTwo's ability to update without new hardware is a huge selling point as well.

katiesam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your answers everyone, I'll have a look at the DSTwo - I don't fancy buying an R4i Gold and then having to buy a new one if it gets locked out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi