Is is difficult to switch from Acekard 2 to R4i Gold / Supercard DSTwo

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by katiesam, Apr 4, 2013.

1. katiesam
    OP

Newcomer katiesam Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I have a DS Lite and have been happily using an Acekard 2 for many years but it's now stopped working - the screen just displays "FAT error".

My friend has an Acekard 2 as well, which works fine in my DS Lite using my SDHC card. My Acekard won't work in my friend's DS Lite so I'm fairly sure my Acekard is at fault rather than the memory card.

I've been looking at the forum and the 'which flashcard should I buy' thread and have seen that most people seem to recommend the R4i Gold and Supercard DSTwo.

I've seen that these are both compatible with DS Lite and also 3DS (which I plan to buy at some point in the future).

Would it be difficult to swap my ROMs and save games over from using an Acekard to using either an R4i Gold or Supercard DSTwo?

Also, are there any recommended and reputable UK sellers?

Thanks

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Ak2i and R4i Gold/Wood use almost the exact same interface. In fact they can use eachother's skins. The DSTwo is slightly different, but not by much. All the major carts use the same ROMs and save files too.

There's no problem switching around those three.

3. katiesam
    OP

Newcomer katiesam Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks Rydian.

Would you recommend one card over the other?

4. Rydian

United States
    I recommend the DSTwo since it has the best update compatibility. It has never needed a new model to update.

5. superrainbow
    This message by superrainbow has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Apr 4, 2013
  6. Rydian

United States
    GBA/SNES emulation is not the only extra feature. Seeing how many of the older R4i Gold models are locked out, the DSTwo's ability to update without new hardware is a huge selling point as well.

7. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I would suggest when looking into buying a new flashcard to check out GBAtemp's offical sponsor nds-card.com
    http://nds-card.com/

DSTwo and R4i Gold

Buying from them helps support the Temp! :mthr:

8. katiesam
    OP

Newcomer katiesam Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your answers everyone, I'll have a look at the DSTwo - I don't fancy buying an R4i Gold and then having to buy a new one if it gets locked out!

9. Depot4usales
    This message by Depot4usales has been removed from public view by Costello, Apr 26, 2013.
    Apr 8, 2013