Gaming Is buying the DS Browser worth it?

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought the 3 in 1 at deal extreme and i got the email saying that it has been 3 weeks and should have arrived already but it hasn't...i have been wanting to try out the web browser for a while.

arashi_nero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cardomain.com
XP
Country
United States
i just picked up the browser and i love it. my wife was doing homework last night, and i needed to do some research for a business paper that was due today. it may not be as fast as the pc, but if i turn off the pics, it loads up quick enough. even with pics, i was able to load some of the biggest pages in a couple minutes.

my one and only beef with this program is that i should have had my mother-in-law bring the japanese version when she comes over here next month. i can't type in japanese, and that's half of what i use the net for. still better than i expected. i give it one and a half thumbs up
biggrin.gif

SlCKB0Y

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't spend $30 on nothing, but by the same token a $30 suprise bill isnt going to bankrupt me for the month.
I didn't say it was nothing, but lets get serious. Going out for dinner and a few drinks should cost you $30. If you consider that a lot of money its really sad.

And not even a lot, but an awful lot. Lets get serious - buying the DS Browser is not like buying a house or a car.

In conclusion, enough with the jokes - lets get serious.

You guys arn't serious are you?

You *honestly* have no understanding that some people might not be able to afford to throw away $30 on a product that they aren't sure of. It sounds like you might have had quite an upbringing hey.

arashi_nero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cardomain.com
XP
Country
United States
well, if you don't smoke for 4 days, you could afford this program. or if you cut down on a little food for a couple weeks, you can afford this program.

like i said, i think this program is worth it. if you don't like it, resell it on ebay. someone will buy it.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't spend $30 on nothing, but by the same token a $30 suprise bill isnt going to bankrupt me for the month.
I didn't say it was nothing, but lets get serious. Going out for dinner and a few drinks should cost you $30. If you consider that a lot of money its really sad.

And not even a lot, but an awful lot. Lets get serious - buying the DS Browser is not like buying a house or a car.

In conclusion, enough with the jokes - lets get serious.

You guys arn't serious are you?

Kanoya sounds like a cheap enough place
happy.gif

For 30 buckas you would barely get the main dish if you went out for dinner here....
wacko.gif

Regarding the topic I believe it's not worth it. It's too much of a hassle to have to switch three or four cassettes (cards) only to surf the web a little. I am not a believer in DS surf goodness.
laugh.gif

-KangaRod-

Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
You *honestly* have no understanding that some people might not be able to afford to throw away $30 on a product that they aren't sure of. It sounds like you might have had quite an upbringing hey.
I think you need to read his original, and my post again - as you seem to be having some comprehension problems.

I did not state that he should piss away $30, what I was stating is that he shouldn't be telling himself $30 is a lot of money. He didn't even state that $30 was a lot, but infact an awful lot.

To me, the money I make in 2 hours at work is not a lot of money. You're the one with the fucked up upbringing if some pocket change is gonna break your bankbook.

Also, I've never used the PSP browser, but as I understand the PSP browser is faster, so if thats too slow for you I'd definitely stay away. It really does kinda suck guys honestly; and is not worth the money, but you should still buy it because you're not balling out of control if you can't afford it
blink.gif

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow Kanga Kod, you really have a screwed perception of the world and money.

$30 is a lot to some people, especially younger people with limited income or even just people will bills/rent/real life etc. And especially those from a background of poverty... I don't just mean those in the "developing world"... last time I heard some 13% of the american population lived under the poverty line. Go tell those people that $30 aint a lot.

Anyway, it's all relative. $30 for a piece of piece of DS computer equipment can be seen as expensive where as $30 for a meal isn't... because a meal is essential food.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time