War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I was thinking about downloading the game... it has some pretty good reviews, but the game is THREE DISCS LONG! DL-DVDs are expensive, and I don't want to waste 3 of them on a game that is "meh". What are your thoughts?

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game is like 20$. If 3 DL-DVDs are worth more than 20$, then obviously don't do it. Blue Dragon lacks in story, but if you like old school JRPGs, then you'll like Blue Dragon. I beat it not too long ago, and I thought it was pretty fantastic.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a decent game. Very few like it for current gen systems.
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Nah, I got 25 DL-DVDs for 40 bucks, so I guess it's still cheaper. However, does the story drag on forever? Cause it seems like you can fit a LOT of stuff in 3 DL-DVDs...

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Nah, I got 25 DL-DVDs for 40 bucks, so I guess it's still cheaper. However, does the story drag on forever? Cause it seems like you can fit a LOT of stuff in 3 DL-DVDs...
The story doesn't drag on at all, it has short cutscene segments, they are just really high quality (and really beautiful). Hearing that you got 25 DL-DVDs for 40 bucks means that you shouldn't hesitate. Play it right now, and if you don't like it you can tell at me.
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Alright, I will download the game tomorrow and Saturday (I can only get two discs per night). If I do not enjoy the game, CUPAJOE WILL REFUND ME THE MONEY THAT I LOST IN WASTING THOSE 3 DL-DVDS. You all saw his reply and are all witnesses.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like it. It has the similar "job" system that Final Fantasy V does, which is addictive. The graphics are simply amazing IMO. Everything looks like molded plastic toys, and it's really colorful, and bright. Also, the soundtrack is quite nice. I even think the infamous boss theme is nice.

The game is on sale from Ebgames for $17.99 if you want to buy it. Anyway, its a great old-school rpg designed by the original creator of Final Fantasy, so either d/l or buy, go for it!

Edit: Cool, enjoy one of the best RPGs in recent years!

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Alright, I will download the game tomorrow and Saturday (I can only get two discs per night). If I do not enjoy the game, CUPAJOE WILL REFUND ME THE MONEY THAT I LOST IN WASTING THOSE 3 DL-DVDS. You all saw his reply and are all witnesses.
I'm currently withdrawing $4.80 from my bank account in the event that you do not enjoy the game. I hope you enjoy it, because I have a family to feed.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goshogun1 said:
I really like it. It has the similar "job" system that Final Fantasy V does, which is addictive.

I've beaten FFV a dozen times, most of the time with all jobs mastered. That's how much I loved it.
I like doing battles. I don't find mastering all jobs in FFV a chore at all. But Blue Dragon battles quickly become a grindfest.

The battles are absolutely not as fun as FFV. Not that many classes, not that many abilities, even Sakaguchi knows it because he kindly put in a skill that saves you from actually having to fight.

I am a Sakaguchi fan. The main reason I got a 360 was to play his game, Blue Dragon.
But Blue Dragon burned me so much. Lost Odyssey was slightly better, but it has a crippled leveling up system that targets... I guess people who don't want to play the game? That was a major turn-down as well. (Do 50 fights to gain a single level or do 2 fights in the next area to gain 2 levels... what?)

If you have a couple discs to burn, and up for some JRPG, go with The Last Remnant. One of the best RPG I played on 360. One demerit is that it doesn't have Japanese voice option, and the English voice acting is unbearable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?