War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I was thinking about downloading the game... it has some pretty good reviews, but the game is THREE DISCS LONG! DL-DVDs are expensive, and I don't want to waste 3 of them on a game that is "meh". What are your thoughts?

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game is like 20$. If 3 DL-DVDs are worth more than 20$, then obviously don't do it. Blue Dragon lacks in story, but if you like old school JRPGs, then you'll like Blue Dragon. I beat it not too long ago, and I thought it was pretty fantastic.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a decent game. Very few like it for current gen systems.
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Nah, I got 25 DL-DVDs for 40 bucks, so I guess it's still cheaper. However, does the story drag on forever? Cause it seems like you can fit a LOT of stuff in 3 DL-DVDs...

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Nah, I got 25 DL-DVDs for 40 bucks, so I guess it's still cheaper. However, does the story drag on forever? Cause it seems like you can fit a LOT of stuff in 3 DL-DVDs...
The story doesn't drag on at all, it has short cutscene segments, they are just really high quality (and really beautiful). Hearing that you got 25 DL-DVDs for 40 bucks means that you shouldn't hesitate. Play it right now, and if you don't like it you can tell at me.
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Alright, I will download the game tomorrow and Saturday (I can only get two discs per night). If I do not enjoy the game, CUPAJOE WILL REFUND ME THE MONEY THAT I LOST IN WASTING THOSE 3 DL-DVDS. You all saw his reply and are all witnesses.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like it. It has the similar "job" system that Final Fantasy V does, which is addictive. The graphics are simply amazing IMO. Everything looks like molded plastic toys, and it's really colorful, and bright. Also, the soundtrack is quite nice. I even think the infamous boss theme is nice.

The game is on sale from Ebgames for $17.99 if you want to buy it. Anyway, its a great old-school rpg designed by the original creator of Final Fantasy, so either d/l or buy, go for it!

Edit: Cool, enjoy one of the best RPGs in recent years!

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Alright, I will download the game tomorrow and Saturday (I can only get two discs per night). If I do not enjoy the game, CUPAJOE WILL REFUND ME THE MONEY THAT I LOST IN WASTING THOSE 3 DL-DVDS. You all saw his reply and are all witnesses.
I'm currently withdrawing $4.80 from my bank account in the event that you do not enjoy the game. I hope you enjoy it, because I have a family to feed.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goshogun1 said:
I really like it. It has the similar "job" system that Final Fantasy V does, which is addictive.

I've beaten FFV a dozen times, most of the time with all jobs mastered. That's how much I loved it.
I like doing battles. I don't find mastering all jobs in FFV a chore at all. But Blue Dragon battles quickly become a grindfest.

The battles are absolutely not as fun as FFV. Not that many classes, not that many abilities, even Sakaguchi knows it because he kindly put in a skill that saves you from actually having to fight.

I am a Sakaguchi fan. The main reason I got a 360 was to play his game, Blue Dragon.
But Blue Dragon burned me so much. Lost Odyssey was slightly better, but it has a crippled leveling up system that targets... I guess people who don't want to play the game? That was a major turn-down as well. (Do 50 fights to gain a single level or do 2 fights in the next area to gain 2 levels... what?)

If you have a couple discs to burn, and up for some JRPG, go with The Last Remnant. One of the best RPG I played on 360. One demerit is that it doesn't have Japanese voice option, and the English voice acting is unbearable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...