Is anyone else depressing like me?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Wellington2k, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    So, I'm a depressing guy. I like listening to sad music. I like to cry. I constantly contemplate the reason for my own existence. But, when I'm around friends, I'm about the most outgoing, happy, and energetic guy you've ever met. I'm constantly fighting with these two personalities inside me, and it makes me tired.

Is there anyone else here who's like this or is it just me?

lonemoonHD and CosmoCortney like this.

2. bannana2

bannana2 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2008
    United States
    Spring Hill, KS
    Your not depressing. The part about being around friends makes you sound adventourous.. Just keep your chin held high. Id suggest buying a vr headset, it might help you have more fun while your not with friends.

Seriel likes this.
  3. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    io

Last edited by yuyuyup, Dec 13, 2016
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Touko White

Touko White miqrojamie

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England
    I'm not exactly like that but a lot of people find me a bore to talk to.

However I do put on a huge front and have to let it out when I get back from school because nearly everyone in our year group is an idiot.

I have a question - do you 'hide' your interests from other people? I do, except for a few people at school, most people don't know what I'm really like if you don't talk to me on the Internet - unfortunately I think word is going to go around about several things thanks to one of my friends who has four alters.

I mean they don't know how to sign up for my webhosting service they ask me to do it for them when it's not that hard at all.

Last edited by Touko White, Feb 21, 2016
  5. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Emo.

J/k
    I've gone through a major depression recently.
    Luckily, it's all over now.

jDSX likes this.
  6. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    i'm feeling very similar for about 6 years now. got so desperate about this that i've been to finland twice to see someone cuz i have no one here lol. but the second time was.. idk.. now the friendship fades out :(
    i have met some friends in a duty free art school that takes place once a week. but like with all my former irl friends, none of them takes the time to really meet me so they find me boring or lose interest in me (i recognized this that they all replaced me by someone else, never text me first or think about to meet me, forget my birthday and so on)
    but when i meet someone i forget the bad feeling, sleeping disorders are gone.
    then i'm alone for a few days and feel shitty again.

*virtual hug*
    this is what i'd often like to read witch such feelings. maybe it cheers you up for at least a little moment^^

Hells Malice and Seriel like this.
  7. Scarlet

Scarlet Rydeen

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    I'm kinda similar at the moment, it's really easy to just feel uncontrollably down when I'm alone. Like I know I could snap out of it if I wanted to, but I just have no desire nor motivation to. When I'm around friends, I'm obviously nothing like that though.

When I'm in that kinda mood, I have to find something that cheers me up, it's usually just something small that slowly brings me around.

Hells Malice and CosmoCortney like this.
  8. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Not at all, actually. I'm a pretty open book when it comes to my interests.

^This. This is me.

9. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Are you kidding ? is it just you ? Every time I noticed that people always say "Is it just me" ? Why? Thats silly question. Everyone are not alone. We are like that because thats normal and we are only human. Always.

Seriel likes this.
  10. Faru

Faru GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    This has been me for the past couple of weeks (well except for the sad music thing).

I feel like I'm in for the ride of my life.

11. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I wish I could like that too.

12. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Lately i've been feeling down. The few friends I have are meh. If I didn't ever say something to them i'm sure they'd just forget I was there.
    Been wanting to make more friends but it's pretty difficult tbh. I'm terrible at beginning to talk to people.

Generally i'm perfectly capable of acting fine and dandy. Been doing it for years so it's just a thing. But I dunno, lately i've been pretty dreary.

oh and I like to cry too. Kind of a weird thing to say tbh, but my favorite things to watch are drama/romance so yeah. That's of course the only time I enjoy crying though.

13. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Quick honest question, how old are you?

14. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    18 and a sophomore in college.

15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Then what you are going through makes sense and is rather normal. College is stressful and being a young adult is stressful and you are going to get depressed. Honestly this will happen pretty often during your life.
    It can also be genetics. If your parent(s) have depression, then you are more than likely going to have it as well.

VinsCool and Wellington2k like this.
  16. nintendarium

nintendarium Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2015
    this NX waiting is depressing ... ;)
    on topic:
    keep it simple , leave depression to overcoded german software or cobol programmers... XD

17. roseputter
    This message by roseputter has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 22, 2016, Reason: trash.
    Feb 21, 2016
  18. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    I've gone through a horrible horrible depression in 2013, I tried to killed myself a lot of times and I just hate 2013 now, it's over since mid-2014 but I'm still recovering.

My problem now is kinda like yours, but I'm not really depressing per say.

When I'm alone or talking with my friends through the internet, I'm much more deep, sentimental and serious. I pay attention to things and I can make logic out of everything. But when I'm hanging out with them or at school, I'm just a weird happy goof. I sound stupid, I say stupid shit that everybody ignores and I'm just kind of a douche, and when I get home, I start to think about what the fuck I just did and it makes me want to go back in time and kick myself in the nuts.

I had only realized this when my friend pointed out, she said "Wow Gustavo, you're much less annoying and cooler through WhatsApp than you are in school". So I started to think about it and she's right...

School will start tomorrow and I'll try for the second time to be only one likeable person and not two completely different ones.

19. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Ohh hey, we almost feel the same. Is something causing you to feel that way? Like stress? Even thou you don't think that its stress it might be. It can be college stress, got bad grades lately? Didn't pass that one exam? That might be it.
    Going out to da' club? You should if not.(Not generalizing clubs, go to w/e place you feel comfortable at) Don't sleep much/at all? Yup, that can cause it too. Homesick? Find some time to go back and visit your friends.
    Here are some tips: Be more social, EAT AND SLEEP (really important) and do you college stuff on time(LIKE RIGHT NOW), go outside, try to think positive and do sports.
    Those feeling don't come without a reason, maybe you have a personal issue. If so, talk to a person you trust about it (If you want you can talk with me about it)
    Find a new hobby, do something, don't say you're lazy or can't. Do something new or something that you haven't thought you would do (I tried the hookah and cigs and got drunk for the first time.... I'm not saying to do those(DON'T DO IT, THEY ARE BAD) just try new things that you haven't thought you would do) P.S. Drink responsibly

Slap yourself couple of times when you feel depressed and just say that you have only one life. I'm pretty sure that you don't want to feel shitty all of the time so if you love yourself enough do the things that make you genuinely happy. That's the cure for it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You know how i found friends on college? I was flailing my head because the lectures were boring, made them laugh because random head spinning and we started to hang out.
    And if you really wanted new friends you WOULD talk with people. Your attitude with that sentence tells me that you don't need/want friends and i'm saying that you should fix that.

20. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    I get what you mean. I have major depression and severe anxiety disorder, aswell as aspergers. Its difficult. I literally have no friends, so I spend most my time on the temp bc it makes me feel better. I dont go out socially, though I do have a job. I usually listen to angry music (heavy/thrash/black/death metal) when I feel like shit. I also have baaaaad social skills so making friends is a nono lmao. But, im still here. You may feel super down at some times but you only have one life, so live it as much as you can.

21. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Well, yeah, I think everyone kinda feels that way. We're all kinda depressed and no one wants to talk about that around their friends.
    Honestly, my best advice is to just ignore it. it's something I'm not all that good at, but a good way to start would be to stop seeking pity from people online. Not to criticize you, I mean, who among us hasn't done that; but it's not a good way to get over that uneasy feeling.

VinsCool likes this.