Is anyone else depressing like me?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, yeah, I think everyone kinda feels that way. We're all kinda depressed and no one wants to talk about that around their friends.
Honestly, my best advice is to just ignore it. it's something I'm not all that good at, but a good way to start would be to stop seeking pity from people online. Not to criticize you, I mean, who among us hasn't done that; but it's not a good way to get over that uneasy feeling.
While I get your point, maybe speaking to other people who face the same issues as him will help him more than just 'seeking pity'.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
While I get your point, maybe speaking to other people who face the same issues as him will help him more than just 'seeking pity'.
There was no negative connotation implied with seeking pity. I mean, everyone does it, and it does actually help. There's no reason to pretend that pity doesn't make you feel better.

Reactions: plasma

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well, yeah, I think everyone kinda feels that way. We're all kinda depressed and no one wants to talk about that around their friends.
Honestly, my best advice is to just ignore it. it's something I'm not all that good at, but a good way to start would be to stop seeking pity from people online. Not to criticize you, I mean, who among us hasn't done that; but it's not a good way to get over that uneasy feeling.
I'm so against about not talking about it. If its a problem then it should be fixed, don't think ignoring will help it because i'm pretty sure that everyone tried that before and it didn't help.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm so against about not talking about it. If its a problem then it should be fixed, don't think ignoring will help it because i'm pretty sure that everyone tried that before and it didn't help.
It's not so much ignoring the issue as just knowing that the issue is normal. To answer his question, yes, many people feel that way, as so many have already answered. The idea was to take comfort in knowing that it's normal and have the issue resolve itself in that way. Now that he has confirmation that this is normal, the hope is that he can learn to overcome that feeling.

Reactions: GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It's not so much ignoring the issue as just knowing that the issue is normal. To answer his question, yes, many people feel that way, as so many have already answered. The idea was to take comfort in knowing that it's normal and have the issue resolve itself in that way. Now that he has confirmation that this is normal, the hope is that he can learn to overcome that feeling.
That's true, if you don't accept it it won't go away but ignoring the fact that you feel depressed is not the way to resolve it.

Reactions: endoverend

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on the sad side earlier this morning, but I kept occupied with other stuff, masturbated, finished, went to sleep, and now I feel 100% fine. My case was temporary, for the OP, find a way to make occupying your mind with fun, positive stuff, a regular thing. It can be something like watching dumb Youtube videos or movies, lying on the bed and breathing, taking a nap, eating a snack.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a friend who was the most friendly person I had ever met, and it turned out she was actually depressed. And I don't mean "oh woe is me I am so depressed" depressed, I mean she was so tired all the time her parents took her to to doctor, and at first they thought she had some physical deficiency or something, and then they realized it was psychosomatic and diagnosed her with depression.

Anyway my point is I think how people act and how people feel are totally unrelated half the time. I'm not trying to say "the saddest people act the happiest" or any of that crap because I know plenty of happy people who are just genuinely happy. I'm just saying it is not bizarre at all to listen to sad music and then be all cheerful. It's not even putting up a front. It's just how humans are.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somewhat misinterpreted the title and thought it meant that you were causing other people to be depressed.
My personality angers people and they wish the death of me. It's somewhat strange that I enjoy their negative feelings. Like for example, I managed to get out of a very annoying assignment, and as I walked past my coworkers, they swore at me and flashed countless middle fingers. I just laughed and smiled as I walked away
I have a tendency to be very lucky, so I guess you could call me depressing because my existence makes other people feel sad and hopeless.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I'm hip upbeat, friendly, listen to metal and have a beautiful fiancee. But that doesn't mean I don't have bad days. You just have to be willing to fight and make your life better. Unless you like being like that.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
You know how i found friends on college? I was flailing my head because the lectures were boring, made them laugh because random head spinning and we started to hang out.
And if you really wanted new friends you WOULD talk with people. Your attitude with that sentence tells me that you don't need/want friends and i'm saying that you should fix that.

The only place I come into contact with people is my job, and the people we hire are all morons or 14.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes you have to lower your expectations. It's better than being resolved to be friendless.
Standards, no compromise.

Many would rather have no friends than settle for garbage.
Look at what America is now. If we didn't keep lowering our standards, imagine how much greater a nation we would be.

Reactions: Hells Malice

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm a depressing guy. I like listening to sad music. I like to cry. I constantly contemplate the reason for my own existence. But, when I'm around friends, I'm about the most outgoing, happy, and energetic guy you've ever met. I'm constantly fighting with these two personalities inside me, and it makes me tired.

Is there anyone else here who's like this or is it just me?

I get dysphoric but never suicidal/self hating if that makes sense. For my pathology depression=boredom as far as I interpret it for me personally. I understand I am not a Neuro-typical so that could be a reason why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1