Hacking Is a 64 GB USB stick enough to install any PS4 pkg?

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also was using a 64gb USB drive, but I already ran into some games that would not fit on the flash drive. So I switched to using an older 1TB USB HDD that eliminates any size issues.

Reactions: KiiWii

lordpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
better buy a 2TB HDD and format it to exFat, that way you can install many games in one go AND store them in the same partition using APP2USB (haven't tried that yet, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Ramitachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I also was using a 64gb USB drive, but I already ran into some games that would not fit on the flash drive. So I switched to using an older 1TB USB HDD that eliminates any size issues.
You install games to your ps4 internal or external (using apptousb)?

Sent from my GRACE using Tapatalk

DSpider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey guys, when I install games to internal HDD, and then move them to the external one, the games stop working. Does anyone know why this is?
Sounds like a problem not related to 64 GB USB sticks. Maybe create a separate thread, with more details and specifying there what you've already tried?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, when I install games to internal HDD, and then move them to the external one, the games stop working. Does anyone know why this is?

If you use extended storage fake signed games will never work, HEN is built not to allow this.

You need to use apptousb.

If you are using apptousb and the games you moved arent working now, there is something drastically wrong with your set up, be it stick or usb ports.

Reactions: MadonnaProject

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
better buy a 2TB HDD and format it to exFat, that way you can install many games in one go AND store them in the same partition using APP2USB (haven't tried that yet, please correct me if I'm wrong)

I already upgraded the internal HD to 2TB. It is the first thing I do when I buy a PS4 these days :).

Using an external USB 3.0 HD does seem to go a bit faster when installing than when using my 64 GB flash drives (which are also USB 3.0 IIRC)

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say that like you buy lots of ps4's every week. :)

LOL, sort of feels that way. I wanted a Pro when the 4.55 exploit came out, but could only find a slim at 4.55 or lower, so I bought it not knowing when the 5.0x exploit was coming. So when it dropped I picked up a Pro and gave the slim to my daughter. But yea, the 5.0x exploit came faster than I expected, so I ended up buying more often than I planned (and enough so to hide the purchases from my wife, who thankfully does not really pay attention to console versions :)).

j43728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with my 128gb I can put 2-3 games that are full ps4 games and maybe a update but 64 you'll have a lot more deleting and waiting to do

DSpider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
OP here. The price for a 128 GB USB stick was too close to a 500 GB external HDD, which, you know... is 4-5 times larger, so I scouted some more and found a 1 TB HDD (Seagate Backup Plus Portable 2.5") for roughly the same amount of money.

The transfer speed is ok. Writing to it from an internal SSD is around 130 MB/s when empty, but drops down to 110 MB/s after 300 GB or so copied to it. This is probably due to physics, since the disc platters spin faster at the periphery than the centre, so the data written at the beginning of the drive is faster. Regardless, on a USB 3.0 port it finishes copying a 40 GB pkg in about 4 minutes or so, which I think I'm ok with.

The biggest (single) pkg I have right now is the Uncharted 4 Lost Legacy, at 44.6 GB. Note: This is without any updates. Uncharted 4 with it's 14 GB update clocks in at 58.0 GB, which would still fit both pkg's on a 64 GB flash drive just fine.

Last edited by DSpider,

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
OP here. The price for a 128 GB USB stick was too close to a 500 GB external HDD, which, you know... is 4-5 times larger, so I scouted some more and found a 1 TB HDD (Seagate Backup Plus Portable 2.5") for roughly the same amount of money.

The transfer speed is ok. Writing to it from an internal SSD is around 130 MB/s when empty, but drops down to 110 MB/s after 300 GB or so copied to it. This is probably due to physics, since the disc platters spin faster at the periphery than the centre, so the data written at the beginning of the drive is faster. Regardless, on a USB 3.0 port it finishes copying a 40 GB pkg in about 4 minutes or so, which I think I'm ok with.

The biggest (single) pkg I have right now is the Uncharted 4 Lost Legacy, at 44.6 GB. Note: This is without any updates. With updates, the biggest packages I have (separate files, but counted together) is Uncharted 4 at 58.0 GB, which would still fit on a 64 GB flash drive just fine.

BEST THING YOU DID! It's always better to get a good external HDD :D

Last edited by GaaraPrime,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where that topic went, can you make a partition on an NTFS HDD and format that partition to exFAT?
I completely forgot about that topic and idk where it went.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.