Hacking EZ PS4 Downporter - Downport any PS4 Game to 5.05 with a few clicks - No HEX Edit

nyichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for t his. I just tried step 2 where I moved the extracted prx files to the ModDgr folder and as it was finishing it disappeared after I hit any key to close the prompt. Am I supposed to copy it before I hit any key I guess?

nyichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get 3 files the 2 prx file and one that says decrypted after step 2 and then it prompts me to hit any key to continue and then the 3 files disappear from the ModDgr folder and I get this error t hat says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\nori.MP\Downloads\Noob404_EZ_PS4_Downporter_1.0\Noob404 EZ PS4 Downporter 1.0\elf.py", line 8, in <module>
from hexdump import hexdump
ImportError: No module named hexdump
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\nori.MP\Downloads\Noob404_EZ_PS4_Downporter_1.0\Noob404 EZ PS4 Downporter 1.0\elf.py", line 8, in <module>
from hexdump import hexdump
ImportError: No module named hexdump
All the modules in this folder have been downgraded. Move the .prx files to their original folder.
Press any key to continue . . .

So not sure where to go from there.

Update: installed hexdump and it was fine. I looked at your site and the instructions were much better there. Thanks!!

Last edited by nyichiban,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried 2 games via followed the video guide: Both installed but after launching them the ps4 logs me out of the account due to an error
Also wanted to add that PKG-Viewer shows both of them as 5.05 games so I'm sure everything on my part was accurate.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

nyichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stuck on step 10 where it says to generate a GP4 file. It spits back out saying it can't find the SFO file in the image0 folder

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I get
WbqVbkl.png

in the step 4.
Well then I tried "Fake PKG generator for ps4". Used the output.gp4 in it.
Got the .pkg generated. No problems. Installed just fine.
But after launching the game, ps4 logs out due to error (NP-34927-5). Something to do with trophies apparently?

Tried 2 games via followed the video guide: Both installed but after launching them the ps4 logs me out of the account due to an error
Also wanted to add that PKG-Viewer shows both of them as 5.05 games so I'm sure everything on my part was accurate.
Sounds similar problem to this.

But like said, I had to use a bit different method to generate the pkg, so it might be because of that? Oh and the game is Kingdom Hearts 3.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get
WbqVbkl.png

in the step 4.
Well then I tried "Fake PKG generator for ps4". Used the output.gp4 in it.
Got the .pkg generated. No problems. Installed just fine.
But after launching the game, ps4 logs out due to error (NP-34927-5). Something to do with trophies apparently?

Sounds similar problem to this.

But like said, I had to use a bit different method to generate the pkg, so it might be because of that? Oh and the game is Kingdom Hearts 3.
Going to try again with a smaller game. Theres already KH3 5.05 patch out there if you hit a dead end again. Interestingly enough most of the backported patches I found were update.pkg's for the said game and those work just fine.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3rd game still getting errors after installing followed the steps carefully ofc. No errors during the pkg repack. This time it was a 7GB game Shenmue II. Only difference it didn't log me out of my account like the 1st 2 games did.
ZXHJ5P4.png

noob404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guinea
3rd game still getting errors after installing followed the steps carefully ofc. No errors during the pkg repack. This time it was a 7GB game Shenmue II. Only difference it didn't log me out of my account like the 1st 2 games did.
ZXHJ5P4.png

I believe (not 100% sure) I know what the problem is. I am working on it. Let's hope for the best.
In the meantime to work on the issue I need a prx file. Please check this out - https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-needed-to-update-noob404-ez-ps4-downporter.570375/

Last edited by noob404,
Reactions: MasterJ360

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
i asked before about... is it possible to compile python required things in order to dont need to have python installed ?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Going to try again with a smaller game. Theres already KH3 5.05 patch out there if you hit a dead end again. Interestingly enough most of the backported patches I found were update.pkg's for the said game and those work just fine.
Didn't realize that there's patches. Makes sense. Thanks. Seems to be working now. Way less headache this way.

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get "Failed-Virus Detected" when trying to download this.
I have downloaded tens of thousands of things from the internet, but have yet to come across this error.
Using Chrome on Windows 10, any suggestions?

noob404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guinea
100% automated Downporter on the way
Here's a quick look. Have to test it. Expect release within a few hours.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I get "Failed-Virus Detected" when trying to download this.
I have downloaded tens of thousands of things from the internet, but have yet to come across this error.
Using Chrome on Windows 10, any suggestions?

Most programs for PS4 are detected as false positives.

nyichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried the 2 games I successfully backported read dead 2 and Horizon Dawn. Both end up erroring after splash screen with error NP-34927-5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: