Hacking Homebrew Cant boot atmosphere and OFW on moded Switch rev.2

Strikerss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hello guys. Im hoping any one can help solve my problem . Sorry for my English im is not native eng speaker.
- LONG STORY SHORT

I cant boot atmosphere and ofw, everything. At trying start atmosphere I got black screen, at ofw I got stuck on second nintendo logo. And ofc I didn't do a backup keys or nand (I'm so dump) . BUT! I managed to start Linux Ubuntu totally fine, and my WiFi chip works perfectly coz I managed to connect to my WiFi, and use chromium. And in stock I don't have any Flashing green light so thats probably mean my charging chip is okey too like WiFi chip ( I use my multimeter , and dont find any shorted resistors) .

I got this problem after downloading game via cabel/pc in DBI. Downloading was fine, but at the end I got a error massage in DBI, then consol start reboot it self and atmosphere error massage popup all over my screen(i dont capture this error massage), then my switch few times tried reboot him self , with same atmo error massage , but finnaly got black screen forever. So i use to hold power button for 15 sec to comeback in hekate.

- MORE DETAILS
1) Im using kefir build
2) When console briked , i was using fake as f*** 128 bg microsd card, now im using original sandisk 64 gb . 99 % sure micro sd card was main problem , coz i was dowloading 16 gb game on fake 4 gb microsd .... khm khm....
3) I wasnt usind emunand before console briked and dont have any good backups....
4)Console charging without any problems
5) I managed download and boot abuntu without any problems.

-WHAT I TRIED
1) Safe mode , uncharge console etc. not working
2) Just backup FW via EmmcHaccGen , i tried latest fw 16.0.3 and oldest like 6.1.0 , 11.0.0 , 13.0.0
3) prodinfo_gen + donor_rawnand , there i cant make step when you need use SystemRestoreV3.te , [FATAL] BIS write failed !!! , BUT if i make emunand on this step and try make every thing with it , all works sysrestore goes totaly fine foremunand , but any way emunand refuse to boot up . If im starting this emunand with kefir i got this error massage instead of black screen:

IMG_0080.JPG

If i boot this emunand with other build (regular starter build , just atmisphere and hekate) i got other error with pkg , and cant launch HOS! Something like this .

-IMPORTANT NOTES
My prod.keys probably bad or corrypted since i make them when console briked . And this is why i was trying prodinfo_gen + donor_rawnand. In HackDiskMount , my keys cant go throw the tests :

photo_2023-08-15_12-17-43.jpg

IM HOPE ANY BODY CAN HELP ME, IM RUNNING OUTFROM TEARS , AND AGAIN SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I WAS TRYING MY BEST !

Post automatically merged:

And I know that error massage on first photo typical for themes , I dont have folder with error name in atmosphere\contents. Yes and i tried delete all folders. Not working

Last edited by Strikerss,

Strikerss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
it is impossible at the moment to run atmosphere on a switch rev 2. You can only run it on a HAC-001 (rev 0).
I was owner of another chipped mariko rev.2 switch and it have atmosphere and everything. This is my second nintendo mario addition rev.2 mariko.
Maybe you mean something deaper ? Coz i dont understand what you mean about run atmosphere on nintendo rev.2 is imposible ...

gamefan128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was owner of another chipped mariko rev.2 switch and it have atmosphere and everything. This is my second nintendo mario addition rev.2 mariko.
Maybe you mean something deaper ? Coz i dont understand what you mean about run atmosphere on nintendo rev.2 is imposible ...
switch rev 2s are patched. you can’t mod them. you could use steamOS and on a flash drive with a usb keyboard (both via the dock), although this is just a guess that i have not tested out yet.

switch rev 2s are patched. you can’t mod them. you could use steamOS and on a flash drive with a usb keyboard (both via the dock), although this is just a guess that i have not tested out yet.
Before you ask how to do it, I will explain. Nintendo Switch docks have 3 USB ports. First, you put a USB stick with SteamOS on it into a USB port. Then plug a USB keyboard into the second one. Then turn off your switch. Finally, turn it on while holding either F8, F11, or F12. This tells your Switch to boot from the USB stick. Then follow the instructions on your TV.
(WARNING: THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR SWITCH DATA.)

Last edited by gamefan128,

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Yeah, as mentioned, the patched once are not exploitable via software, which is exactly what that site says.
This is different when you use modchips, then you can run custom code on every switch console, even patched and mariko.
Also your steamos suggestions is impossible, since steam doesn't work on arm, and you need custom code execution to run any type of custom code in the first place. So if like you suggested, it was not possible to run atmosphere, you would not be able to run any other os.
But by now there is linux with mariko switch support out, which you can run, when you have a way to run CFW, so a modchip.
Op also showed that he is able to execute custom code, otherwise he could not dump the keys or even get an error from atmosphere.

About OPs problem:
Its kinda weird, since the account system module seems to crash.
In general the prod.keys BIS keys dumped from the console are always correct for the console, so you need to use them.
But if oyu use a donor nand, you need to reencrypt some system save files with your console key, and delete some others to have everything working properly, but I don't remember which files you needed to keep, but it was one or two files you needed to keep.

Also, did you check the atmoshere folder from your old sd card when you briked? because atmosphere creates a backup of important files, like the prodinfo for you on boot, so you might be able to mostly restore the switch, if oyu have that already.

Strikerss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

Before you ask how to do it, I will explain. Nintendo Switch docks have 3 USB ports. First, you put a USB stick with SteamOS on it into a USB port. Then plug a USB keyboard into the second one. Then turn off your switch. Finally, turn it on while holding either F8, F11, or F12. This tells your Switch to boot from the USB stick. Then follow the instructions on your TV.
My switch moded by ship , integrated on my cpu and emmc. I dont understand what are you talking about. I have same one previosly maded with chip and rev 2 too. And i run atmosphere , emunand, linux and android without any problems. I dont need even payload coz my ship doing everything for me.

even on this broken one i was capable to boot atmosphere before some error while dowloading game happens

0ver_flow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont need even payload coz my ship doing everything for me.
That's actually not true. For patched/Mariko units, the chip launches whatever payload is on your SD, usually titled payload.bin. Make sure that is getting updated too.
I cant boot atmosphere and ofw
If you can't boot stock, it's possible there's a hardware issue beyond just corrupted NAND. If it's just corrupted NAND, you can try to repair it using the Switchway Rectify Boot Errors guide (can't link cause I'm new, but it is very easy to find if you Google "Switchway Rectify Boot Errors"). You can also try Maintenance (also called Recovery in other regions) mode by holding BOTH Vol+ and Vol- on booting Stock and try and Initialize your console. Other than that, if you can't get EmmcHaccGen OR Maintenance/Recovery to work, then you might be SoL.

Strikerss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
That's actually not true. For patched/Mariko units, the chip launches whatever payload is on your SD, usually titled payload.bin. Make sure that is getting updated too.

If you can't boot stock, it's possible there's a hardware issue beyond just corrupted NAND. If it's just corrupted NAND, you can try to repair it using the Switchway Rectify Boot Errors guide (can't link cause I'm new, but it is very easy to find if you Google "Switchway Rectify Boot Errors"). You can also try Maintenance (also called Recovery in other regions) mode by holding BOTH Vol+ and Vol- on booting Stock and try and Initialize your console. Other than that, if you can't get EmmcHaccGen OR Maintenance/Recovery to work, then you might be SoL.
Yeah i was meaning that i dont need computer or else to boot hekate.
I order new emmc and sd card . Just in case that i dont have problems with wifi or charging ships.

Strikerss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You don't have any original NAND backup?
Mine? Before my console briked no, after brik yes i did nand backup

You don't have any original NAND backup?
i tryed thing with prodinfo and nand donors. Like when my console serial number became like X00000000001 insted of Xwet23523f43ge yes i tried this thing, but its not helped me at all. Im 99 % sure its my emmc damaged or just dead.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine? Before my console briked no, after brik yes i did nand backup

i tryed thing with prodinfo and nand donors. Like when my console serial number became like X00000000001 insted of Xwet23523f43ge yes i tried this thing, but its not helped me at all. Im 99 % sure its my emmc damaged or just dead.

Well you going need to use EmmcHaccGen to rebuild your NAND.

Strikerss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If you look under console info -> emmc you would know if you have a working emmc or not.
I even banchmarked it , without errors . But if i make back up i got massage at the end of backuping (your emmc in slow mode or something like that) . Im right now in backup process (53%) I will show you at the end.

If you look under console info -> emmc you would know if you have a working emmc or not.
and i make a picture in emmc info for you

loook
IMG_0088.JPG

Last edited by Strikerss,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...