Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know, any curious person with a WiFi interface which can enter monitor mode should be able to see what the 3DS downloads...
Or a QR code decoder which can give us a text version of what it's giving the 3Ds so we can see what it's doing

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much, just got home from getting my used copy of the game from my local Gamestop (best $15 i ever spent), now then, i do have a question (and sorry if it's been answered already).
Is there any way for me to make an icon to launch the channel from my home screen? or is the exploit directly connected to running the game?

you have to run the homebrew launcher through the game.

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or a QR code decoder which can give us a text version of what it's giving the 3Ds so we can see what it's doing
Not quite that simple.

You'd need to know the level format; what data Cubic Ninja expects and where it expects that data. Along with how Cubic Ninja interprets that data, and how it misbehaves when "invalid" data is input, and how that incorrect behavior causes a chunk of the input data to be jumped to and executed as code. Not to mention the hellish complexities of ROP and similar techniques.

Not that this wouldn't be interesting; but, if we just want to see the actual data as it travels between the 3DS and the WiFi connection, sniffing would be much easier.

Reactions: weatMod

mantez

Trophies
XP
Country
I would assume a play coin setter is possible, since a lot of games have the ability to modify how many you have. Not sure what you mean by "Force-Streetpassing".

Make street pass happen more often between 2 3ds consoles, as currently you only streetpass the same person every 8 hours

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Who wants a homebrew screen ? :D

IMG_20141121_233113.jpg

Fusionz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I have a question, since gba needs ram n' all that nice stuff would it be possible to emulate GBA with smooth sound gameplay etc. i mean it's not like it's trying to run on an r4...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question, since gba needs ram n' all that nice stuff would it be possible to emulate GBA with smooth sound gameplay etc. i mean it's not like it's trying to run on an r4...

emulating is definitely possible. Yet no emulator has been made.

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mine shipped yesterday. Should get it the next working day (so that should be Monday). Can't play with it this weekend :( So the exploiting begins on Monday for me ;)

jqrn

Trophies
XP
Country
Who wants a homebrew screen ? :D

View attachment 12100

how did you go around getting the blargsnes as an icon on the hbc menu.

When i installed the boot file on the sd card, it booted directly into snes. I didn't have the option of choosing the other icons.

It seemed like the blargsnes icon has the same name file name as the boot file from the starter kit.

Did you rename the? I.e. boot1.3dsx boot2.3dsx?

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
how did you go around getting the blargsnes as an icon on the hbc menu.

When i installed the boot file on the sd card, it booted directly into snes. I didn't have the option of choosing the other icons.

It seemed like the blargsnes icon has the same name file name as the boot file from the starter kit.

Did you rename the? I.e. boot1.3dsx boot2.3dsx?

Haven't done the exploit myself, but you need to have a 3DS (named) folder on your SD card. From there create another folder with the name of the application (BlargSnes) and copy the boot.3dsx in this folder. Leave the starter kit as is on your SD card.

jqrn

Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't done the exploit myself, but you need to have a 3DS (named) folder on your SD card. From there create another folder with the name of the application (BlargSnes) and copy the boot.3dsx in this folder. Leave the starter kit as is on your SD card.

cool. Will look into it. thanks

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My copy of Cubic Ninja is expected around 18-12-2014 :hateit:
:angry: If anyone in Europe knows a good site to order, please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same