Introducing Maxlander – Backup, restore, download Skylanders supercharger characters

sponsored.png
Maxlander_for_skylanders.jpg

Team Maxlander would like to introduce their new product at GBAtemp. Maxlander is a device that allows you to backup and download any character in compatible games that take advantage of the new NFC toys in the form of Amiibos, Skylanders and Disney Infinity which have been popular for many years.

Maxlander offers the following features:-
  1. Supports all the characters, tools and magic items in Spyro's Adventure, GIANTS, Swap Force, TRAP TEAM and Skylanders Superchargers.
  2. Backup your figure to avoid any damage.
  3. Share special figures and tools with friends.
  4. Download and play unlimited characters.
  5. Discover the latest and most unique characters easily.
  6. Receive the special magic items.
Maxlander is compatible with many NFC-equipped toy compatible games such as Skylanders; which is the most well known and first to the market which includes such games as Spyro's Adventure, GIANTS, Swap Force, TRAP TEAM and will have its generation V – Superchargers arriving on September 20th which will give players the opportunity to drive many new and exciting vehicles in the game.

Team Maxlander have just released a video that shows their device in action backing up examples such as the E3 edition Hot Streak vehicle without a problem. You can watch the video below:

The Maxlander team have also announced that they have removed the 99 character limit with their latest update so it now allows users to backup and unlimited number of figures to their Maxlander device.

:arrow: Maxlander Official website
:arrow: Maxlander Official reseller

sponsored.png

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
they are pretty nice XD if we need to look as toys , a Figma or a nendoroid would be awesome, I'm so much fan but can't afford hahah
Also amiibos have a nice price ... not in my country but they have outside there ...

yu are telling me we can writte/ use freely amiibo data on these things? O3O

Again, why is nobody on top of this???? I would totally buy a set from the first temper that can "put the puzzle together"
this is an sweet idea XD

Something like cheaper figures glued on plastic bases with nfc cards inside.
look up! xD your idea is possible
Also I've seen some "fake amiibos" without NFC things ... they look kinda good but was even pricey like the original ones o-o
---

Also I'm very interested on it now ... I don't have and smarthphone that can read/write but I saw it have some usb readers/writers, there are something I need to know first to not go blind getting everything and not working at last? XD even if it wont be cheaper like these devices, at least world be easier to know and organize the " amiibos" :v

Last edited by Sliter,

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are pretty nice XD if we need to look as toys , a Figma or a nendoroid would be awesome, I'm so much fan but can't afford hahah
Also amiibos have a nice price ... not in my country but they have outside there ...

yu are telling me we can writte/ use freely amiibo data on these things? O3O

this is an sweet idea XD

look up! xD your idea is possible
Also I've seen some "fake amiibos" without NFC things ... they look kinda good but was even pricey like the original ones o-o
---

Also I'm very interested on it now ... I don't have and smarthphone that can read/write but I saw it have some usb readers/writers, there are something I need to know first to not go blind getting everything and not working at last? XD even if it wont be cheaper like these devices, at least world be easier to know and organize the " amiibos" :v

I really do hope that someone takes this idea and run with it. Even at USD $5.00 a pop for the buyer, the seller still undercuts the 13 dollar price for Amiibos and Infinity figures whilst making a profit. I've spotted multiple figure collection sets. Disney has a 30 piece set for roughly 30. The catch here is finding figures that match the Amiibo, Skylanders, Infinity data.

Last edited by LightyKD,

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
LOL
They stole the gateway website, and the powersaves program...
Either these guys or theifs..... OR GATEWAY WAS MADE BY DATEL!!!!!!
But yeah, probably just theifs.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The website uses a standard WordPress theme. Just like amiiqo, gateway, etc.

As for gluing an NFC tag to a cheap figurine, the market of people wanting ugly figures is too small for potential profits due to the NFC tag Nintendo use being chosen for its obscurity.

Reactions: oji

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is great and all but between this and Amiiqo, I'm waiting for better counterfeit figures. Something like cheaper figures glued on plastic bases with nfc cards inside.

You don't get much cheaper than the garbage Nintendo already releases. They all look god awful.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lemme see

18 Nintendo toys for the price of ONE Amiibo

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-F...TF8&qid=1441476942&sr=8-1&keywords=mario+toys

10 NFC tags for the price of one Amiibo

http://www.amazon.com/NFC-tags-NFC-...=UTF8&qid=1441477035&sr=8-2&keywords=nfc+tags

Again, why is nobody on top of this???? I would totally buy a set from the first temper that can "put the puzzle together"
Would that even work? I assume the reason there is no standalone smartphone app to do this is that you can't just use any old NFC tag/writer, you need a specific type.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
LOL
They stole the gateway website, and the powersaves program...
Either these guys or theifs..... OR GATEWAY WAS MADE BY DATEL!!!!!!
But yeah, probably just theifs.

It's from China.
Everything is copied there, even copies are being copied.
China is a new word for plagiarism.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's from China.
Everything is copied there, even copies are being copied.
China is a new word for plagiarism.
China is so large a country because its actually 2 countries, they just copied the other one. Its full of clones, thats why you can never tell them apart.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hey guys, just to let you know I'm in the middle of making a review, unboxing, and video guide for MaxLander that will be more in depth than this. It will be out very soon (no 'TM' intended).

To answer a few questions off the bat....
The 99 game limit is being removed via a software update.
The team confirmed to me personally that they are NOT planning on Amiibo or Disney Infinity support in the near future.
They don't promote that you can take backups from the internet and use them, but it is possible and doesn't take a computer scientist to figure it out.

Many of the issues that I had with the product they are going to resolve in their newest update.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at the Maxlander NFC tokens, if you are trying to use one token per toy, you really don't save much :cry: you're basically spending 8.99 per token. At that rate, might as well buy the actual Skylander. The normal sized ones are $7.99 (new at traditional retail) and used ones can be had as low as $4.99. Hell, if you want older gen Skylanders, Five Below has them brand new for $5. With that said, I understand that the tokens are for unlimited swapping of your characters and in that context the 80 dollar price is worth it. I really wish that the tokens were not so expensive, especially given that normal NFC tags are dirt cheap.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm looking at the Maxlander NFC tokens, if you are trying to use one token per toy, you really don't save much :cry: you're basically spending 8.99 per token. At that rate, might as well buy the actual Skylander. The normal sized ones are $7.99 (new at traditional retail) and used ones can be had as low as $4.99. Hell, if you want older gen Skylanders, Five Below has them brand new for $5. With that said, I understand that the tokens are for unlimited swapping of your characters and in that context the 80 dollar price is worth it. I really wish that the tokens were not so expensive, especially given that normal NFC tags are dirt cheap.
can't we use the normal NFC tokens and use each one for each toy? õ3o

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course you can't use normally NFC tokens to write skylanders characters to them.

There is no meaning to compare maxlander token's price with normally NFC token.
To use Maxlander token only hold and play one character, i think it is not the purpose of Maxlander team,

Just like the beginning of this thread:
Maxlander offers the following features:
  1. Supports all the characters, tools and magic items in Spyro's Adventure, GIANTS, Swap Force, TRAP TEAM and Skylanders Superchargers.
  2. Backup your figure to avoid any damage.
  3. Share special(limited/rare/high level) figures and tools with friends.
  4. Download and play unlimited characters.
  5. Discover the latest and most unique characters easily.
  6. Receive the special magic items.

I agree that comparing a Maxlander NFC tag to a traditional one might not be fair. With that said, I wonder what makes the Maxlander tokens different than any other NFC tag.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my mind, the Maxlander factory cost of NFC tag maybe the same as the traditional ones,
but in maxlander hands, they give the NFC tags more value
We won't know much until someone gets their hands on a Maxlander. For now I'm just going to watch whilenO hunt for figures.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
You can use the token for as many Skylanders as you went (atm only 99, but very soon unlimited). The review's going to be posted tomorrow and it'll explain more.

We won't know much until someone gets their hands on a Maxlander. For now I'm just going to watch whilenO hunt for figures.
Wait one more day. :).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo