Homebrew Intresting app idea

PirateMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I'm obviously new to these forums so hi.

I like to get straight to the point though, I'm thinking of starting a project for the Nintendo wii/nds. basics an home brew app for the home brew channel or to be installed as a wad file.

The reason I'm making this thread is because I need to know if there would be interest for it otherwise it's not worth doing.

The basics of my application is to try and use the Nintendo Wii as an backup up-loader for the NDSlite.

In basic terms the user places all there NDS backup ROMS into a folder of there SD card and launches my application that will begin to upload the ROM they have chosen to play a bit like the Nintendo channel that allows you to play demo's, but instead full titles.

This is the basics of it I would like it to do, but id like much more like being able to backup your own titles to the Wii's SD card.

This application has yet to be written and yet to be proven if possible, before we get to work i need to know some things...

1: Would you be interested in this?
2:Would you suggest any other features?

Thank you

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If there's such an appication for PC then you could just port it to the Wii. And sorry i doubt it's possible to backup NDS games with an unmodified NDS.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, i'm pretty sure this wont work, because nds games are over 4mb, the size of ds internal ram, so after that there's no where to store rom. the ds will look for the game in slot 1 and find nothing there. the only reason demos work is they are under 4mb so can fit fully in ram. sorry but your app is impossible. unless you somehow trick the ds into thinking its reading from slot 1 when its actually going over wifi (kinda like a passme, but for wifi instead of slot 2) i doubt wifi transfer speeds would be fast enough. there a whole bunch of reasons you cant do this. sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...