Intresting app idea

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by PirateMonkey, May 13, 2009.

May 13, 2009

Intresting app idea by PirateMonkey at 2:22 PM (632 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. PirateMonkey

Newcomer PirateMonkey Newbie

Apr 30, 2009
    United Kingdom

I'm obviously new to these forums so hi.

I like to get straight to the point though, I'm thinking of starting a project for the Nintendo wii/nds. basics an home brew app for the home brew channel or to be installed as a wad file.

The reason I'm making this thread is because I need to know if there would be interest for it otherwise it's not worth doing.

The basics of my application is to try and use the Nintendo Wii as an backup up-loader for the NDSlite.

In basic terms the user places all there NDS backup ROMS into a folder of there SD card and launches my application that will begin to upload the ROM they have chosen to play a bit like the Nintendo channel that allows you to play demo's, but instead full titles.

This is the basics of it I would like it to do, but id like much more like being able to backup your own titles to the Wii's SD card.

This application has yet to be written and yet to be proven if possible, before we get to work i need to know some things...

1: Would you be interested in this?
    2:Would you suggest any other features?

Thank you
  2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    If there's such an appication for PC then you could just port it to the Wii. And sorry i doubt it's possible to backup NDS games with an unmodified NDS.
  3. RiderLeangle

Member RiderLeangle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 29, 2009
    United States
    It's one thing loading game demos with DS Download Play, but do you know how much space that would take with a full game. Besides that you'd lose your save when you turn the game off.
  4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    United Kingdom
    well, i'm pretty sure this wont work, because nds games are over 4mb, the size of ds internal ram, so after that there's no where to store rom. the ds will look for the game in slot 1 and find nothing there. the only reason demos work is they are under 4mb so can fit fully in ram. sorry but your app is impossible. unless you somehow trick the ds into thinking its reading from slot 1 when its actually going over wifi (kinda like a passme, but for wifi instead of slot 2) i doubt wifi transfer speeds would be fast enough. there a whole bunch of reasons you cant do this. sorry