• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,019
  • Replies 38
D

Deleted_171835

OP
ie9-beta-ban-small.jpg
We all knew today was the day, but just in case you've been zoned out in Kauai the past few weeks, Microsoft's getting set to release its refreshed build of Internet Explorer to the general public today. IE9 Beta is said to be a beta that's essentially done, so you shouldn't have too much to fear when the download links go live later today. The crew at Redmond claims that it's far more compliant with HTML5, CSS3 and SVG2 standards, and that it's the only game in town with full hardware acceleration. Keep an eye on that source link for a shot at downloading your copy later today, and if you're terrified of offending your existing Firefox or Chrome installation, we'll do you one better -- our own in-depth review will be going live in a matter of hours.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Old news but seeing as nobody posted it, I did. IE9 Beta is really good. A large step-up from the previous Internet Explorer versions. Now it gets 95/100 on the Acid3 test.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have installed IE9 its okay but I only use IE when there are sites (mostly Israeli sites which I rarely visit) that don't support firefox (can you fucking believe it ?!).

D

Deleted_171835

OP
RupeeClock said:
QUOTE said:
The crew at Redmond claims that it's far more compliant with HTML5, CSS3 and SVG2 standards
That's all good and well, but does it still have an ugly, bloated and cluttered interface?
ie9%20ui.PNG

The UI is beautiful.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
RupeeClock said:
QUOTE said:
The crew at Redmond claims that it's far more compliant with HTML5, CSS3 and SVG2 standards
That's all good and well, but does it still have an ugly, bloated and cluttered interface?
ie9%20ui.PNG

The UI is beautiful.
Oh wow they're actually working on making it not shit.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep old news been using it for awhile alot better than 8 if they give addon support like adblock etc it will be a real contender against Firefox 4 but firefox will always be my baby.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it and am trying it out. Hopefully they fixed all the IE8 add on glitches. The one thing I don't like so far is the favorites are on the right side of the screen. But, I guess I'll get used to it.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
prowler_ said:
I heard about it but I didn't bother trying it.

Installing now...
I'm expecting "You need to restart your computer" at the end.

Yep, you got it.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i see 2 big problems with the new layout.
1: there's a huge "empty" area where in the past "[IElogo] [website title] - internet explorer" was written
2: even less space for tabs now that tabs and the address bar occupy the same line.

both would be very easy to fix though:
put the address bar in the title bar area

D

Deleted_171835

OP
thedicemaster said:
i see 2 big problems with the new layout.
1: there's a huge "empty" area where in the past "[IElogo] [website title] - internet explorer" was written
2: even less space for tabs now that tabs and the address bar occupy the same line.

both would be very easy to fix though:
put the address bar in the title bar area
There's less space for tabs because
"For 90% of the browsing sessions they analyzed, most people had 4 or fewer tabs open and never more than 8. As such, on a reasonbly sized display, there is more than sufficient room for tabs used by most users."
I usually have 11 tabs open, though.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
they don't know how some people(me) google or search for images.

when looking for something i sometimes have over 100 tabs open i think, certainly enough to make IE8 go crazy.

EDIT: current browser window: 10 tabs open, 9 of always-open forum section tabs and 1(which can get well over 10) for a topic i'm viewing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1