Misc Internet and DSi and updating firmware

dink87522

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have to update the firmware of you're DSi to use the internet and play multiplayer games on it?

My DSi is version 1.2 at the moment which I am happy with and don;t want to update it persae yet wish to play multiplayer games. Is this possible or does it force you to update when you connect?

D

Deleted_171835

dink87522 said:
Although I can't browse the internet without going to the shop channel to download the browser right?

Nope. You can't browse the internet without going to the shop channel to download it (duh) which will then ask you to install an update. Why would you not want to update it? There is no reason that I know have that should stop you from doing so. All the reasons I can think of are beneficial to your DSi. :/

D

Deleted_171835

gameguy95 said:
^you fail for not realizing he probably doesn't have a cart that works on 1.4

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! I failed! Didn't think of that.
frown.gif

dink87522

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought an Acekard 2i online (which hasn't arrived yet) althoguh it isn't compatible with their version 1.4 according to their website.

D

Deleted_171835

dink87522 said:
Yes, but if I update it then I can't patch it can I?

If you have a Nintendo DS Lite than you can patch it. If not. Wait till you get your Acekard 2i.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Or if you want to be safe, I think you need 2 DS lites or 2 DSi's (Under 1.4) or something combined to patch your Ak2i. Just browse and search through some old threads in the Acekard board, after it's patched then download the internet browser.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any pre-1.4 DSi, DSL, or DS can run an AK2i. For a 1.4 DSi, you need to update the AK2i with the 1.4 fix linked in my signature (orange link titled DSi 1.4 fix) and then it will boot on a 1.4 DSi. It doesn't matter what system you use to do it as long as it is not a 1.4 DSi. Not sure about further DSi Firmware updates but only time will tell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo