Hacking Installing Netflix to the NAND or SD?

Ultratails42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. After some fiddling and researching and using a mix of info from this thread I came up with something that works for me. However with the setup if you use Configurable USB Loader this may mess it up. It seems Craps forwarder also requires you to have the Configurable USB Loader software and configuration files on the card as well which ive set up in such a way to load the wbfs file of the netflix disk. Included im this is the configuration files, the apps folder with the USB loader, the WBFS folder with the netflix disk in it, and the WAD folder with the channel. Also apparently you need IOS 222 to load WBFS files off the SD card which I have the feeling maybe causing some people problems. Heres the guide I used to install it on my Wii.

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

And heres the upload with all the stuff to get the channel working.

http://www.mediafire.com/?okndxgjyoer

If anyone else can figure out a simpler way to make it all work without the need of the configuration files and the app and just go through the channel please let me know as well. Id rather just have the channel and not need the configuration files and such on my card. I do have one other experiment I might try as I found a copy of the loader that natively loads IOS 222 without the need for the configuration file to tell it to load that so figured maybe placing that as the loader in Crap may work for making a channel. I will try that later and if it works i'll upload that version.

samela

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually that worked for me, thanks ultratails, not sure what you did different but w/ev

i do use cfg though so I changed just used my old usbloader folder and it worked fine, loads from usb automatically when I launch cfg, but loads from the sd card automatically when I load the netflix channel
thanks again

Ultratails42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samela said:
actually that worked for me, thanks ultratails, not sure what you did different but w/ev

i do use cfg though so I changed just used my old usbloader folder and it worked fine, loads from usb automatically when I launch cfg, but loads from the sd card automatically when I load the netflix channel
thanks again

Not a problem. Glad it worked. I didnt really full much with the USB CFG folder other than changing some stuff in the config file but without it there the loader wouldnt work at all. Didnt know if it was a CFG setting specifically or not but glad it can work without using my CFG folder and letting others use theres. It might be my loader worked because I added an extra line in the forwarder to load IOS 222 instead of the default 249 the USB loader normally loads with. I had also set my CFG in the CFG folder to load everything IOS 222 instead of 249. I had thought thats what fixed it. Maybe it was just that extra bit of code in the forwarder I added then.

duhh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
loesjoel said:
Can I get a bit more advice from you WiiCrazy?

I've done the steps you described above FAT1 and device=sdhc as well as installed Configurable USB Loader. My issue now is that when I launch the CRAP made channel, it opens up CUSBL and tries to mount the USB HDD instead of the SDHC. I've even tried using the Configurator but can't get it to mount SDHC.

For the record, I'm using a FAT partitioned SD card with sd:/wbfs/SNTEXN.wbfs

This may or may not help you, but I'll run step by step through what I did to get it working:

1. Put the Netflix WBFS file on my FAT formatted SD card in driveletter:/wbfs/Netflix [SNTEXN]/SNTEXN.wbfs
2. With the SD card still in my PC, load up CRAP (the latest that WiiCrazy linked to) and load up the WBFS file from the SD card (not your PC's hard drive, it needs to be selected from the SD card in the exact directory you plan on loading it from on the Wii I'm assuming)
3. Selected Configurable USB Loader (no intro)
4. Chose FAT1
5. typed in "device=sdhc" into the extra parameters field, that should be the ONLY thing you have there
6. That's all, click create channel
7. I used test channel to install over Wifi with the Homebrew Channel, but you can install it with WAD Manager too I'm sure. I had my SD card in my computer still when I installed this, but that shouldn't matter
8. Restarted Wii, put in SD card, loaded the channel and it loaded perfectly.
9. My USB hard drive wasn't even plugged in at the time, so I know it loaded from SD, not USB. However, I did load Netflix from USB last night, created the save file for it and set up my account. This probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but you never know.

What did you use to convert the Netflix ISO to WBFS? I used Wii Backup Manager, as I had it converted to WBFS and put on my hard drive first, then as an afterthought I dragged it over from my hard drive and put it on the SD card. Maybe your WBFS image wasn't made correctly?

Followed this method to the T, installed the WAD to IOS222. Greeted with the following:
configurable loader 56
Netflix
(SNTEXN) (0.02GB)
[+] Booting Wii game, please wait...
ERROR: CIOS222 or CIOS223 required for starting games from a FAT partition!

set_frag: -128
ERROR: SetWBFS: -128

Press any button to exit.

Any thoughts? I have CIOS222 hermes installed, followed the howto posted on page 2 just to ensure I had it setup.
WBFS files are installed to sd:\\wbfs\Netflix [SNTEXN]\SNTEXN.wbfs , though that is more or less irrelevant due to the fact that its not the WBFS, is the CIOS causing the problem.

duhh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I determined the problem must in fact be the fact that my usb loader was not using the right IOS.
Long story short, I changed the Extra Parameters to: "partition=FAT1 device=sdhc ios=222-mload" to force the IOS, all is well now
smile.gif
\

I should clarify more on my configuration to help others. I have a bigass WBFS formatted ext USB drive, and a FAT SD card. I wanted to run Netflix from the SD card, because there are those in the household that I would prefer to always be able to access netflix, but I don't want them to have to use the HDD. I use cios 249 as default for everything. Given that I was using that for usbloader, I kept getting a black screen and a kernel dump, or no cios found. I found that downloading the package by Ultratails42 corrected this. In doing diffs of all of the files vs. what I was running, the significant difference is that his cfg file was hardcoded to use cios222 and sdhc. That configuration is pretty much opposite my configuration, so I decided to try to create a wad, over-riding vis parameter as much of that as possible. I used the string "partition=FAT1 device=sdhc ios=222-mload" to 1) force the first FAT1 pertition 2)my SD card and 3) the CIOS involved. This allowed me to use EVERYHING else on the WII the way that I had it prior to this, yet launch netflix from SD card.

I realize my config is probably not the average, and most people would tell me to just suck it up and run netflix from my HDD (which actually worked perfectly fine, CRAP created a working channel for that with no effort). I just wanted to document my scenario to try and help others that might be in the same boat.

Ultratails42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duhh said:
So, I determined the problem must in fact be the fact that my usb loader was not using the right IOS.
Long story short, I changed the Extra Parameters to: "partition=FAT1 device=sdhc ios=222-mload" to force the IOS, all is well now
smile.gif
\

I should clarify more on my configuration to help others. I have a bigass WBFS formatted ext USB drive, and a FAT SD card. I wanted to run Netflix from the SD card, because there are those in the household that I would prefer to always be able to access netflix, but I don't want them to have to use the HDD. I use cios 249 as default for everything. Given that I was using that for usbloader, I kept getting a black screen and a kernel dump, or no cios found. I found that downloading the package by Ultratails42 corrected this. In doing diffs of all of the files vs. what I was running, the significant difference is that his cfg file was hardcoded to use cios222 and sdhc. That configuration is pretty much opposite my configuration, so I decided to try to create a wad, over-riding vis parameter as much of that as possible. I used the string "partition=FAT1 device=sdhc ios=222-mload" to 1) force the first FAT1 pertition 2)my SD card and 3) the CIOS involved. This allowed me to use EVERYHING else on the WII the way that I had it prior to this, yet launch netflix from SD card.

I realize my config is probably not the average, and most people would tell me to just suck it up and run netflix from my HDD (which actually worked perfectly fine, CRAP created a working channel for that with no effort). I just wanted to document my scenario to try and help others that might be in the same boat.

That extra ios=222-mload is the key. I added that to the forwarder I made and posted. With it it works like a charm. Without it just dosent work at all. It seems that configurable USB loader if not started with that extra line just wants to start in 249 and even if I ran the loader with 249 and set netflix to boot with 222 from inside the app it would give me that 222 error but the second I started it with 222 and not 249 it worked fine. It's that booting the loader with 222 loaded and not 249 that seems to be the key.

leftler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duhh said:
smile.gif
\

I have the exact same setup as you but mine is not working. I used "partition=FAT1 device=sdhc ios=222-mload" however when i click on it it launches USB loader it loads 222, it loads SD card but then it still tries to initialize the usb drive. it fails and it kicks me back out to the home screen. Any ideas?

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for adding that info about using CIOS 222 for the channel wad UltraTails.

I was having trouble getting it working with Loadstuctor since I left cloader to use 249. I changed it to 222 and created another channel and that works great. I'm using WBFS file format so I'm really not sure about using FAT, hope you guys get that figured out if you haven't already.

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried using the pack, when i run configurable usb loader and try to run it says m-load v5 or something, gives a couple periods, then the wii freezes and the disc drive flashes three times, and keeps doing that. it's using ios 222-mload, and i do have a recent hermes ios 222
any clues?

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... i'm still having trouble.
with the same exact setup, i tried alt-dol loading from configurable usb loader, it spent a while looking then said "could not find snetflx.dol" or whatever, and then finally booted into netflix. hurray?
then i set up the channel to do the alt-dol loading, it spent 20 seconds or whatever on a black screen presumably looking for the dol, then booted into netflix.

then later after rebooting the wii, the channel stopped working. it immediately just causes dvd drive flashing 3 times. trying alt-dol loading from configurable usb loader skipped the looking for snetflx.dol part and just went straight into dvd drive flashing 3 times.

wtf is going on =/

vkzawa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Ultratails! Your package helped me out.
For anyone who's still having issues, here's another work case to pick apart.

I was already using Configurable USB Loader v56 to load off of my WBFS formatted USB hard drive.
I installed the Netflix .wad from Ultratails' download with Wad Manager 1.5, then put the Netflix .wbfs in my sd:/wbfs/ on my 2GB SD card.

There was no need to mess with the the ConfigUSB Loader files or config as I already had mine loader working.
The wad knew to tell the loader to look on the SD card.

All is working well know, thanks!

ceralor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Ultratails42's pack, using the suggestions from others. I went ahead and reinstalled IOS 222/223, but I'm having a strange issue. Whether I launch Netflix via the channel or via Conf USB Loader from HBC, my wii does the same thing. It stops doing anything, freezing either at a black screen for the channel or Conf USB loader for that, and double-blinks my Wii's disc LED repeatedly, each second. Any suggestions for this?

mike817

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone who got this working tell me what their configuration is? I've tried Ultratails42 files but i get a black screen and a blinking drive.

I'm running 4.2U, cios 17, hermes 5.1, FAT formatted 1GB SD card. I copied all the files to their proper locations and it's not working. The iso doesn't load through CFG USB loader either.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mike817 said:
Can anyone who got this working tell me what their configuration is? I've tried Ultratails42 files but i get a black screen and a blinking drive.

I'm running 4.2U, cios 17, hermes 5.1, FAT formatted 1GB SD card. I copied all the files to their proper locations and it's not working. The iso doesn't load through CFG USB loader either.

It really shouldn't be THAT difficult. The iso is only .02GB and I have it booting right now through a CRAP channel on USB right now, with the unmodified .iso (dumped straight to USB loader from original disc). Just put CFGLoader on your SD and make a CRAP channel that uses Configurable Forwarder with a parameter to tell it to boot to SD. I don't see why this wouldn't work... what IOS are you telling CFG to use? I have mine set to 249r17 and it works fine, I have a WBFS partition and the only other settings are 002 fix, but idk why this wouldn't work for FAT too. I mean I have the EXACT same setup as you minus the FAT Sd card lol.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
vkzawa said:
Thanks Ultratails! Your package helped me out.
For anyone who's still having issues, here's another work case to pick apart.

I was already using Configurable USB Loader v56 to load off of my WBFS formatted USB hard drive.
I installed the Netflix .wad from Ultratails' download with Wad Manager 1.5, then put the Netflix .wbfs in my sd:/wbfs/ on my 2GB SD card.

There was no need to mess with the the ConfigUSB Loader files or config as I already had mine loader working.
The wad knew to tell the loader to look on the SD card.

All is working well know, thanks!

Thanks to you I got it working too !
However..............
I got the same configs as yours (already using Configurable USB Loader v56 to load off of my WBFS formatted USB hard drive ).
Then QUOTEI installed the Netflix .wad from Ultratails' download with Wad Manager 1.5, then put the Netflix .wbfs in my sd:/wbfs/ on my 2GB SD card.

The wad knew to tell the loader to look on the SD card

The bold part is where the problem was for me.
When I downloaded Ultralis package, there was a folder called WBFS , in which the SNTEXN.wbfs was stored.
After I installed the Wad channel, it wouldn't work for me.
Then I realized that on my older SD card I already had attempted to store the Netflix dol trough the CFG USB loader, which created a folder within the wbfs folder called "SNTEXN_Netflix".
What I did on my own, I created this folder on my new sd card , and stored SNTEXN.wbfs in it, and now the channel finds the dol and it boots Netflix fine without the need of an HD !

to make it clear, here's the correct path : sd:/wbfs/SNTEXN_Netflix/SNTEXN.wbfs

taken straight from the excellent Ultralis package, it was erroneously( for me ) stored to sd:/wbfs/SNTEXN.wbfs

I hope it helps others, in the mean time I'm glad I got it working !
Cheers

jonceramic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraTails,

You are a god. I have tried every way I can think of of configuring crap. Even with the parameters everyone's talked about (which I'd already put in my config files on the SD card.)

Eventually, I gave up, and copied your wad into my folder (after creating mine the same way.)

It's kind of confusing that you have to put in 222 and not 222-mload in the installer portion of the wiiload app. But, that works. With your wad.

Not sure what I was doing wrong (I was trying to install by putting my own .dol (I'm on 58a) in the folder and my own config file.

But, your wad worked. Right off the bat.

Woohoo!
smile.gif

And to WiiCrazy and everyone else who've contributed code. This is sofa king cool. The intranet install. Everything. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now my wife can pipe netflix into my kids brains without having to do anything but turn on the Wii. Amen.

J

grati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a new version that is .04GB. It's v1.0.1. I replaced the old WBFS file with the new one and it works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not