Hacking Installing Netflix to the NAND or SD?

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've got the new Netflix disc and I was hoping to integrate it into my Wii as a native (more or less) app.

I've got it installed on my USB hard drive with a channel WAD created with Loadstructor, which works, but it of course requires the HDD to be plugged into the Wii for use. So is there any way I can install the Netflix disc content to the NAND or SD card so I can point the channel WAD to that location so I can remove the need for the HDD?

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know too much about Loadstructor, but from the sounds of it, couldn't you just copy the iso to the SD card, and have the WAD created by Loadsctructor point to the SD card instead? Once again, sorry for my ignorance, I just never heard of that, and I am too lazy to actually look up any info right now
biggrin.gif

I hope this helps, or at least get other people's gears chugging to get you some more assistance.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
maybe by using wiiscrubber you can extract the main.dol and inject it into a channel wad you make and install it to the nand!

-kittUnfortunately this didn't work. Upon booting the channel, it was just a black screen

QUOTE(caster62003 @ Mar 27 2010, 09:40 PM) I don't know too much about Loadstructor, but from the sounds of it, couldn't you just copy the iso to the SD card, and have the WAD created by Loadsctructor point to the SD card instead? Once again, sorry for my ignorance, I just never heard of that, and I am too lazy to actually look up any info right now
biggrin.gif

I hope this helps, or at least get other people's gears chugging to get you some more assistance.
Loadstructor can boot from the SD, but I'm not sure how to put the ISO on the SD. Would I need to format a part of the SD as a WBFS drive? diskmgmt.msc won't allow me to shrink my 2GB FAT SD card so I can make room for the WBFS partition.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the main.dol and all it's contents? Then maybe putting it into the SD card as an app, or using a WAD maker that supports .dol + resources/required files.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using CRAP to make the channel instead of loadstructor and turn the .ISO into a .wbfs file.
The .wbfs can be put on a normal SD. No partitioning or formating required.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
OtakuGamerZ said:
Try using CRAP to make the channel instead of loadstructor and turn the .ISO into a .wbfs file.
The .wbfs can be put on a normal SD. No partitioning or formating required.
Oh that can be done? Excellent. I'll give it a shot. Any particular location the *.wbfs file needs to go for the CRAP channel to find it?

EDIT: How do I use CRAP to extract a *.wbfs?

EDIT2: So far, no luck. Use CRAP to make a WAD with USB Loader 1.6 by WiiCrazy from SD/SDHC Loader and then used Wii Game Manager to extract the WBFS from my HDD for the Netflix disc and put it on the root of the SD. Upon launching the channel WAD, I just got a black screen. Suggestions?

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
How do I use CRAP to extract a *.wbfs?
forgot to say you need something like "wii backup manager" or "wii game manager" to make the *.wbfs and it'll be renamed to the games' ID.
Directory should look like this.
SD:/wbfs/GAMEID.wbfs

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble installing the WAD created by Crap. It gets to Installing title on HBC and says "ERROR! (ret = -1029)" Is this common and/or easy to fix?

It seems that I need to use 222 to install it, but Crap defaults to 249 and doesn't let me have any say.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
I'm having trouble installing the WAD created by Crap. It gets to Installing title on HBC and says "ERROR! (ret = -1029)" Is this common and/or easy to fix?

It seems that I need to use 222 to install it, but Crap defaults to 249 and doesn't let me have any say.
If you're using Waninkoko's cIOS rev 19, you need to use WAD Manager 1.6 or go back to cIOS rev 17.

EDIT: Still no go. I put the WBFS in SD:/WBFS and loaded up the CRAP made WAD but still just a black screen. Which loader should I use in CRAP?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
For the wanin's new cios installation problem, here is an alpha version : http://www.wiidewii.com/data/Crap-3.2a.rar

Just copy it over 3.1b installation...

In the installation screen just input a sane IOS like below...

crapinstall.JPG

FAT / NTFS with Crap is only possible with below loaders btw...

Conf. Usb Loader Direct FAT
Conf. Usb Loader Direct
USB Loader GX forwarder
Configurable forwarder (no intro)
Configurable forwarder

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, none of those loaders seem to support SD, or at least not from the looks of it in Crap. So basically, the only way to have a working Netflix channel loading from SD is if the SD is in WBFS format instead of FAT or NTFS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: