Hacking Installed Soundhax on N3DS then deleted MicroSD - system won't turn on anymore

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In my stupidity (because I wanted to make another "clean install") I deleted all the content on my MicroSD card after installing Soundhax on my N3DS.
It runs with 11.3.0 - 36E
No I put the otherapp, soundhax and boot file on the SD card.
When I want to turn on the N3DS the blue light just blinks for a second a nothing happens.

Any way to still fix this? Thanks for all your help, it's much appreciated!

D

Deleted User

Did you install a cfw like luma or the tool godmode? Press and hold select while booting your 3ds to get into the luma chainloader menu.

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you install a cfw like luma or the tool godmode? Press and hold select while booting your 3ds to get into the luma chainloader menu.
When I press the power button nothing happens except that the blue light is blinking once.
Just finished the 3DSGuide install and when the Homebrew Screen was prompted I turned off the system.

Thanks a lot for all your help

D

Deleted User

Did you try to start the 3ds without a sd card? Maybe the 3ds reboots itself?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reformat the SD card, and then place Luma 3DS's boot.firm on the root of your microSD card. That's all you need to do.

Reactions: Uumas
D

Deleted User

So you turned your 3ds off before finishing the step Installing boot9strap (Homebrew Launcher)? Is this correct?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to try and fix your 3DS, we're first going to have to figure out what's going on. I'm assuming you had some sort of old hax installed, and then wanted to upgrade your setup. The big question now is whether your 3DS has A9LH or Boot9Strap installed.

Go here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

If it has Boot9Strap, you'll need one of the later releases of Luma. Download one of the .7z files and extract boot.firm to your MicroSD card.

If it has A9LH (which I'm thinking it probably does, since you apparently never copied Luma or another CFW to your CTRNAND), you'll need an old release of Luma. Download a release either 7.0.5 or older, and extract arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card.

Try booting your 3DS with the MicroSD card back in it. You might have to try several different releases of Luma to find one compatible with whatever is running on your 3DS. Once you find one that works, you can post the details here and I'm sure we can help you upgrade your setup.

EDIT: Ninja'd! Well, glad you apparently managed to get things working again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn