Hacking Installed CFW, A9LH, and some cias. What should I do now?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could maybe try playing some of the games you stole... I mean, what was this all for?

yea it's like "what can i steal now?" thread

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A9LH doesn't mean only for piracy, well I don't know about the OP though since he have Freeshop.

LOL

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but since NAND backups now come with verification hash files, you can attempt it and verify before proceeding. To say it will never work is inaccurate. Oh, and the chances of both the NAND backup and the file's hash being corrupt such that the corrupted hash works for the corrupted file...I'm pretty sure you have a better chance of being the sole winner to a lottery's jackpot.

Personally, I backup via FTPd and have yet to have a corrupt transfer. I just don't feel like getting the smaller tool to open the back of the N3DS every time.
Not every file on your sd card has a hash to verify with (i.e. everything in /nintendo 3ds/). There is no need to unscrew it every time if you leave it that way (the backplate stays on unless you drop it or something). Also, doing that once a month isn't hard to do if you are paranoid about leaving it unscrewed. If you trust it, go ahead, but people should know that corruption can occur, and that its hard to recover in some cases.

bowser1027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit off-topic, but I was wondering if it's safe to update my 3DS to 11.1.0-34 from the system settings? (Im still on 11.0.0-33) Im not sure if the cfw is prompting me to update or it's Nintendo..

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Luma3DS/A9LH, the same as the author of this topic I believe.
1. Use Hourglass9 to backing up your NAND.
2. If there is some custome home menu installed (Language changing for example), uninstall them.
3. Do the updating the same way regular 3DS done. If you have BootNTR installed, update it to lastest version.
That's all. If you have a problem, just use Hourglass9 to restoring you back up NAND and redo.

Last edited by nechigawara,
Reactions: bowser1027

bowser1027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. If there is some custome home menu installed (Language changing for example), uninstall them.
3. Do the updating the same way regular 3DS done. If you have BootNTR installed, update it to lastest version.
That's all. If you have a problem, just use Hourglass9 to restoring you back up NAND and redo.

Alright, thanks for the info :D

bowser1027

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks for the info :D

looks like it was a success, im now on sys 11.1.0-34U, thanks again nechigawara!

Last edited by bowser1027,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol