Hacking Installed CFW, A9LH, and some cias. What should I do now?

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I successfully installed A9LH on my New 3DS XL and updated to Sys 11.1.0-34U. I installed a few out of region games and I now have 48GB left. Here is what I have installed on my system:

-NTR CFW
-HomeBrew Launcher Loader
-CIAngel
-Luma3ds updater
-freeShop
-FBI
-JK'S Save Manager

Are there any CIA's that I should install? What do you recommend I should have? Also what essentials should I have? I really enjoy having A9LH.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
But then the big games that I want to install where I would have to transfer the cia which would be like 1-3Gb
Yeah, for the big files, you should take microSD out and put the files on directly. But FTP Server still have it advantage if you want to do small stuff such as take a save file out for editing. So it's not hurting to install it.

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, for the big files, you should take microSD out and put the files on directly. But FTP Server still have it advantage if you want to do small stuff such as take a save file out for editing. So it's not hurting to install it.
I guess I'll install it for smaller files.

EDIT: Anyways, are there any other things I should install?

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I guess, but Filezilla for me is a bit hit and miss, WinSCP connects like 70% of the time too xD I prefer to just take the MicroSD out, I prefer the 16mbps transfer speeds :D
I just use Windows explorer on Windows and enter at the top:

ftp://(ip: port)

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious. Why do people recommend others to use an FTP when there's literally a built-in function to transport files via wifi for the New 3DS?
I've used it many times. I can move saves, edit them, and put them back in and they work like a charm.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious. Why do people recommend others to use an FTP when there's literally a built-in function to transport files via wifi for the New 3DS?
I've used it many times. I can move saves, edit them, and put them back in and they work like a charm.
The built-in tools are awful to get to, and are annoying to set up (and in some cases are not even possible).

As for the OP: This isn't really a cia suggestion, but make backups of everything. At least once a month, or before a fw update, backup your nand and sd card data to your pc. It might not sound important, but there may be a day that you break something, and that is all that could save your console. Also, before doing something potentially dumb (like modifying a system title), make a nand backup. Use decrypt9 to get xorpads for your nand (you only need one), and keep copies of your installed cia save files. When backing up any data, do not use wireless transferring, that is how you end up with corrupted and unusable files. It is okay with just transferring a save as you (should) have another backup in the event it does become corrupted over transfer, or when editing.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The built-in tools are awful to get to, and are annoying to set up (and in some cases are not even possible).

As for the OP: This isn't really a cia suggestion, but make backups of everything. At least once a month, or before a fw update, backup your nand and sd card data to your pc. It might not sound important, but there may be a day that you break something, and that is all that could save your console. Also, before doing something potentially dumb (like modifying a system title), make a nand backup. Use decrypt9 to get xorpads for your nand (you only need one), and keep copies of your installed cia save files. When backing up any data, do not use wireless transferring, that is how you end up with corrupted and unusable files. It is okay with just transferring a save as you (should) have another backup in the event it does become corrupted over transfer, or when editing.

True, but since NAND backups now come with verification hash files, you can attempt it and verify before proceeding. To say it will never work is inaccurate. Oh, and the chances of both the NAND backup and the file's hash being corrupt such that the corrupted hash works for the corrupted file...I'm pretty sure you have a better chance of being the sole winner to a lottery's jackpot.

Personally, I backup via FTPd and have yet to have a corrupt transfer. I just don't feel like getting the smaller tool to open the back of the N3DS every time.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What do you mean? The built-in microSD card function only require you to set up a username, password, and to have good or decent enough wifi. After that, you just go to your PC, open up File Explorer, Network, click on 3DS, and manage your files
Also, the username and password bit is only a one time set-up.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
What do you mean? The built-in microSD card function only require you to set up a username, password, and to have good or decent enough wifi. After that, you just go to your PC, open up File Explorer, Network, click on 3DS, and manage your files
But what it you're on Linux? FTP is much easier than SMB there.

Reactions: enarky

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
To be honest, I found others suggest FTP 1st and never know this option is exist.
But, after look on the instruction. Although username password is only one time set-up,
I still think FTP is much easier to use. Just open FTP App, ability to quick swap to JKSM, And no login on PC.
That's why I think people rather recommend FTP over built in function.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: