Hacking Install ARK 3.55 through TN-V?

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey so I installed TN-V bubble on 3.18 and wanted to install ARK as Petz bubble but I couldn't transfer the game over from PS3. I updated to 3.55 and could download Petz demo from Vita and TN-V works but now I can't copy to PSP/GAME to transfer the PBOOT.PBP. Is there another way to go about this without buying the exploit game seeing as I already got TN-V?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I installed TN-V bubble on 3.18 and wanted to install ARK as Petz bubble but I couldn't transfer the game over from PS3. I updated to 3.55 and could download Petz demo from Vita and TN-V works but now I can't copy to PSP/GAME to transfer the PBOOT.PBP. Is there another way to go about this without buying the exploit game seeing as I already got TN-V?
Once you are on 3.55 Your only option is to buy Mimana Lyan Chronicle, If you were still on the lower firmware then you could have used something like ape escape demo to install ark with it. That's good that tn-v11 is still working for you on 3.55 though at least.

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once you are on 3.55 Your only option is to buy Mimana Lyan Chronicle, If you were still on the lower firmware then you could have used something like ape escape demo to install ark with it. That's good that tn-v11 is still working for you on 3.55 though at least.
What about an ISO? I tried and got a blue screen but all other homebrew seems to work. What's the benefit of having ARK anyway?

EDIT: And ya, I'm still using Talkman Travel Tokyo for my TN-V bubble which is only 18Mb

Last edited by DPyro,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about an ISO? I tried and got a blue screen but all other homebrew seems to work. What's the benefit of having ARK anyway?

EDIT: And ya, I'm still using Talkman Travel Tokyo for my TN-V bubble which is only 18Mb
Main reason to use ark is if you do not like the original psp xmb menu and want a custom menu, that and you can load homebrew up faster, plus ark has no sound at all when playing ps1 games that is about it. As for transfering ISO, I personally use a program that you can install inside of tn-v11 called VitaFTP. It also sounds like you are trying to install the petz demo inside of tn-v11 to install ark if i read that right.

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=43749

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Petz demo installed and wanted to copy PBOOT.PBP into the Petz folder which I obviously can't do now with write protection on PSP/GAME.

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3-55-tn...sary-ps-tv-or-vita.399955/page-3#post-5750802

This is confusing. He gives instructions on how to install ARK for 3.55 and then on the other hand how to install TN-V by copying PBOOT which doesn't have write access.
Finally figured it out.

Later on in the video when it says part 2 it will be benefit your issue with a different way to install since using the game folder does not work anymore. Also the first page of this thread.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3-55-tn...previous-hack-necessary-ps-tv-or-vita.399955/

Last edited by cvskid,

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I already know how to copy ISOs/homebrew. I tried the PSP-INSTALLER method to create a bubble and the camera icon still shows up but when I download a game update it doesn't change to 5Mb.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I already know how to copy ISOs/homebrew. I tried the PSP-INSTALLER method to create a bubble and the camera icon still shows up but when I download a game update it doesn't change to 5Mb.
Before i look into this more just want to make sure i have this right, you are on 3.55 and you are trying to make a ark bubble out of petz by installing the ark pboot.pbp inside of it right?

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before i look into this more just want to make sure i have this right, you are on 3.55 and you are trying to make a ark bubble out of petz by installing the ark pboot.pbp inside of it right?
Ya. I want to try to have both bubbles without needed to buy the exploit game. Otherwise I'll just stick with TN-V for now. Another idea I had was to somehow get another PS Vita or PSTV with lower firmware, copy my backed up Petz demo and then install the ARK PBOOT. Backup Petz demo and restore it to 3.55 PS Vita.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya. I want to try to have both bubbles without needed to buy the exploit game. Otherwise I'll just stick with TN-V for now. Another idea I had was to somehow get another PS Vita or PSTV with lower firmware, copy my backed up Petz demo and then install the ARK PBOOT. Backup Petz demo and restore it to 3.55 PS Vita.
Ok, As for the first part, There is no other way to do this unless you buy the game. 3.52 and lower you could set up both bubbles then update to 3.55.
As far as the 2nd part goes only half of that will work, The installed ark will work on the lower firmware ps vita/ps tv, but restoring it to a 3.55 ps vita will not do anything. Too many exploits were fixed in 3.55 for that to work. I doubt you would want to do this but if you get another ps vita on a low firmware, you can set up both ark and tn-v, then update to 3.55 so you can have both bubbles that way.

Sorry for taking up so much of your time with this, was just trying to figure out the best way to go about the situation. I am glad that you have the better of the 2 set up on your 3.55 vita at least with tn-v11.

Last edited by cvskid,

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, As for the first part, There is no other way to do this unless you buy the game. 3.52 and lower you could set up both bubbles then update to 3.55.
As far as the 2nd part goes only half of that will work, The installed ark will work on the lower firmware ps vita/ps tv, but restoring it to a 3.55 ps vita will not do anything. Too many exploits were fixed in 3.55 for that to work. I doubt you would want to do this but if you get another ps vita on a low firmware, you can set up both ark and tn-v, then update to 3.55 so you can have both bubbles that way.

Sorry for taking up so much of your time with this, was just trying to figure out the best way to go about the situation. I am glad that you have the better of the 2 set up on your 3.55 vita at least with tn-v11.
I got ARK to work :) Basically I copy ARK save folder and then overwrite ARK BIN files in TNV_00000. So I can run either launcher I just need to copy the save files over again.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got ARK to work :) Basically I copy ARK save folder and then overwrite ARK BIN files in TNV_00000. So I can run either launcher I just need to copy the save files over again.
Ah ok, that sounds like a very good alternative to having both bubbles on at the same time. Can't believe i did not think of that myself. Happy you got it working. B-)

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah ok, that sounds like a very good alternative to having both bubbles on at the same time. Can't believe i did not think of that myself. Happy you got it working. B-)
I got both working! I launched ARK, went into the file explorer and copied PBOOT.PBP to Petz demo folder and it worked! Now I can launch either without needing the work around.

Reactions: cvskid

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK so I just tested something and was able to turn a minis game (Age of Zombies - 21Mb) into an ARK bubble. I don't know if there is a memory cap on it or whatever though.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I just tested something and was able to turn a minis game (Age of Zombies - 21Mb) into an ARK bubble. I don't know if there is a memory cap on it or whatever though.
Yeah for psp mini games they do have a memory cap that is why it is recommended to not use those.

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah for psp mini games they do have a memory cap that is why it is recommended to not use those.
So I should just stick with the PSP demo? I'm trying to get the ARK bubble as small as possible so I'm not wasting much space.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I should just stick with the PSP demo? I'm trying to get the ARK bubble as small as possible so I'm not wasting much space.
Most likely yes. I personally use a full PSP SNK game called the king of fighters 95 which is only 32MB for my tn-v11 setup.
Smallest PSP demo that i see on the ps store is echochrome at 44.8MB, 2nd smallest is a PSP demo called HOARD at 53.2MB and 3rd smallest is Half-Minute Hero PSP demo at 101MB. If you can't get them from the ps store for some reason there should be other means of getting the demos.

Last edited by cvskid,

DPyro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried adding No Heroes Allowed! (29.8Mb) and TNT Racers (44.7Mb) last night and wasn't able to download them. They show a download link on PC but won't load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.