Hacking 3.55 TN-V11 Install Guide (No PS3 or Previous Hack Necessary) PS-TV or VITA

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, can I use this method via a Mac with a 3.36 Vita?

The Method to Install PSP Games should work, and PS1 games should work (provided the game your using supports both TNV and ARK (or you have both TNV and ARK installed, only one game supports hacks at the moment with 3.55 so you can't install both at same time, tried with Pool Hall Pro and failed), however you must follow the instructions for the save exploit your using to install TNV or ARK on 3.36 Firmware (probably won't need VHBL plugin, but you need Popsloader v3, best just to install both, incase you want to update your firmware later).

I'm Updating the PS1 Install Method from the First Post Now, I didn't install POPSLOADER and thats the problem (EDIT - Popsloader doesn't work with vita, found out the hard way), since I was trying to boot a non-psn PS1 Game. Also, after I can confirm a working PS1 Game ... ... ... I will post brief instruction to get the SNES and GBA emulators working, hopefully they used the VHBL folder, just check the first post in about 1 hour from now.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I installed it, and it's fantastic, I couldn't expect anything better, now I'm having fun with Mega Man Powered Up

JDock85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck for me. I have the game in the TNV folder. Named correctly, nothing shows.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 342

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck for me. I have the game in the TNV folder. Named correctly, nothing shows.

Maybe copy the GAME.CSO file in a few different save folders, and just transfer the "TNV_00000" folder to see if it goes through that time. all I can think of.

(Have you installed a previous non 3.55 hack referenced in this guide to your PSP Before? If so, then maybe a reformat of the psp, and memory card) Then start the guide over, make sure you "Rebuild Database" or "Refresh Connection" from your PC's content manager program (whatever its called) prior to transfer, although its usually not something you have to do. After Transfer, check to see if the Game Save folder in your PSP is a larger size.

JDock85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did put the folder in other places and it shows up corrupt file when I try to transfer it. The only folder I can put it in that will transfer is the save data folder. However, the psp game never shows up.

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did put the folder in other places and it shows up corrupt file when I try to transfer it. The only folder I can put it in that will transfer is the save data folder. However, the psp game never shows up.

You still have one option left. Follow the Guide and Install ARK, now with ARK installed run PSP Filer, then create the ISO folder in the root director (scroll all the way up using the direction pad until you see "ms0:/" in the upper left hand corner), and then exit to "Content Manager", grab the "TNV_00000" save from the TNV Install Pack, add a few games, GAME1.CSO, GAME2.CSO, to a .ZIP package using Winrar with the "Store" Compression method and rename the file to SAVEDATA.BIN add it to your TNV_00000 save, and then transfer it from your PC to your PSP. Add your games that way, then reinstall TNV Hack, you should see all your games there. Its a bit more tedious but I think it should work. if for some reason it doesn't, I'm out of suggestions. In the process of adding a bunch of ps1 games to my PSP VITA using the instructions in the first post, to simply show what games worked, using this method.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively, you can download VitaFTP. Since it's a really small, it will be a lot faster to transfer than a game iso. (Look for a tutorial that talks about INSTALL.ZIP. I use ARK, so I'm not sure how you do it with TN-V.) If you can get it on your Vita up and running, you can transfer ISOs via FTP.

Last edited by TehCupcakes,

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
INSTALL.ZIP (transferred by adding to save folder of hack in this case "TNV_00000", if your using TNV) will not work because TNV can't write directly to the game folder on firmware 3.55, it will just cause your hack not to work, you will need to delete your hack game and saves and redo the hack, if you unfortunately try this method. (Sorry won't work, I don't know if ARK tries to write to the Game Folder too using that method if so, sorry that won't work either). (I added a note in bold in blue in the first post, if you follow the guide to install ARK, you can add "PSP FILER" to the "VHBL" folder "PSP/VHBL", you must create, once you've create the folder, transfer "FILER.PBP" and "FILER.INI" over, then you can transfer a file from your savedata and rename it, like we discuss in the guide) (If I'm wrong about ARK trying to write directly to the Game folder using a INSTALL.ZIP file in the hack folder, then Include a note, method will not work on firmware 3.55)

POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR Error 80020148 (some PS1 PSN games show that stops them from working)

Those were dumps I've tested that I'm managed to get my hands on (I only recently purchased, Chrono Cross, FF8, and Legend of Dragoon, now I will have to buy FF9 to test this problem out). I will test FF9 which has the Error 80020148, first I will buy it off PSN, then I will copy it to my PC, and then transfer it to my VHBL folder with the rest of the PS1 games, to see if that fixes the error. If I'm correct, Error 80020148 was caused by a game dump that was modified a hack or something so it will not work, changing options in the "Advance Menu or Configuration Menu" of the TNV hack (the VSH menu that shows up when you press select, is not the solution, I've tried those fixes already). I will just come back in a few hours and correct the guide in the first post. Actually more like end of day or tomorrow, have to upgrade my PSP Firmware to download it to my PSP, since can't use vita for that it does not save in EBOOT format, still on 5.00 m33-6 and play on downgrading from 6.61 after nabbing the file I legitimately purchased from SONY.

Reactions: Margen67

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sos after doing the steps to put digimon world 2003 on my vita I keep getting the blue screen of death when I boot up tn-v11... Help please...

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sos after doing the steps to put digimon world 2003 on my vita I keep getting the blue screen of death when I boot up tn-v11... Help please...

Blue Screen of Death, results from trying to boot a non-PSN, PS1 eboot.pbp file. All the PS1 games seem to suffer from some form of slowdown, when run through either TNV or ARK, which can be game breaking, depending on when it happens in the game, so I've decided to clear that space on my memory card, if you can deal with that, then you should be fine. There's a translated version of Digimon World Re: Digitize, available if you manage to get it for the PSP it should work fine though.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
INSTALL.ZIP (transferred by adding to save folder of hack in this case "TNV_00000", if your using TNV) will not work because TNV can't write directly to the game folder on firmware 3.55, it will just cause your hack not to work, you will need to delete your hack game and saves and redo the hack, if you unfortunately try this method. (Sorry won't work, I don't know if ARK tries to write to the Game Folder too using that method if so, sorry that won't work either). (I added a note in bold in blue in the first post, if you follow the guide to install ARK, you can add "PSP FILER" to the "VHBL" folder "PSP/VHBL", you must create, once you've create the folder, transfer "FILER.PBP" and "FILER.INI" over, then you can transfer a file from your savedata and rename it, like we discuss in the guide) (If I'm wrong about ARK trying to write directly to the Game folder using a INSTALL.ZIP file in the hack folder, then Include a note, method will not work on firmware 3.55)
ARK lets you configure the install folder, and by default, the latest version of ARK installs to PSP/VHBL. INSTALL.ZIP works fine with it.

I just recently installed TN-V and haven't been able to test INSTALL.ZIP with it. However, there is Game2VHBL which lets TN-V read from PSP/VHBL instead of PSP/GAME. I'm not sure if it changes the install directory as well, or if a separate plugin would need to be made for that.

EDIT: FW 3.55, just to be clear.

Last edited by TehCupcakes,

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ARK lets you configure the install folder, and by default, the latest version of ARK installs to PSP/VHBL. INSTALL.ZIP works fine with it.

What version of firmware are you using? The INSTALL.ZIP method writes to VHBL folder with ARK, thats good, but using SAVEDATA.BIN (a .ZIP file, i then rename and open with PSP FILER from ARK), transferred though a gamesave, I can include lots of files/folders that belong in different locations, and just do it manually all at one from PSP Filer, rather then having to do a bunch of separate transfers, that only go to the VHBL folder (for example, you will need to install the "game2vhbl.prx" to the "seplugins" folder in the root of your memory card, not the VHBL folder).

Unfortunately, if your doing anything more than PSP ISO/CSOs after installing TNV, you will need to delete the hack psp game and folders, and install ARK, since to you have to use it to transfer files, then reinstall TNV when your done (I couldn't get PSP FILER the homebrew to boot from TNV), I just finished everything I wanted to do with the hack though, after installing TNV and ARK around 10 times each LMAO, because I just bought my PSP VITA, and there's a lot of bad information floating around online.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of firmware are you using?
there's a lot of bad information floating around online.
I agree, and that's why I posted. This guide was somewhat helpful in getting set up, but I was trying to correct a few inaccuracies. You had stated that the INSTALL.ZIP method does not work on 3.55, and that is simply not true. Yes, you can use the savedata transfer as you stated, but that is not the only method. In addition to these two methods, there's also VitaFTP, although obviously that has to be installed by one of the other methods first. I personally find FTP the easiest once you get set up.

However, I will agree that it easier to get your homebrew set up with ARK, so for someone who is deciding whether to get TN-V or ARK, I would suggest installing ARK first. Once you have that installed, you can place the PBOOT.PBP in another PSP game (including demos) so that you can have both TN-V and ARK. I downloaded the free demo for Petz saddle club then copied the TN-V PBOOT into it using VitaFTP (run from ARK); then after doing Vita -> PC backup, and PC -> Vita restore, I have my original ARK bubble and a TN-V bubble.

I say this to point out that even though there is only one exploit game for your initial eCFW on 3.55, once you have that installed, it is very possible to make additional bubbles, as long as you have PSP base games. You don't have to choose between TN-V and ARK; you can have both.

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say this to point out that even though there is only one exploit game for your initial eCFW on 3.55, once you have that installed, it is very possible to make additional bubbles, as long as you have PSP base games. You don't have to choose between TN-V and ARK; you can have both.

I tried the method you mentioned with "Pool Hall Pro" and paid 3.99 for it and it did not work, however I added the PBOOT.PBP file into the savedata folder for "Pool Hall Pro" Game folder, so your saying something like this will work to install ARK bubble after installing TNV?

1. Delete TNV Hack and then Install ARK
2. PBOOT.PBP from ARK Hack to root folder of PSP Game like "Pool Hall Pro"
3. Delete ARK then Reinstall TNV Hack (using Mimana Lyar Chronicles)
4. Copy game "Pool Hall Pro, Containing PBOOT.PBP" to PC then back to PSP to create ARK Bubble
5. Both TNV and ARK installed (You need Ark to run PSP FILER, since TNV on 3.55 won't identify the homebrew apparently)

Is that what you are talking about, if you say yes, I will try it right now?

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country

I agree, and that's why I posted. This guide was somewhat helpful in getting set up, but I was trying to correct a few inaccuracies. You had stated that the INSTALL.ZIP method does not work on 3.55, and that is simply not true. Yes, you can use the savedata transfer as you stated, but that is not the only method. In addition to these two methods, there's also VitaFTP, although obviously that has to be installed by one of the other methods first. I personally find FTP the easiest once you get set up.

However, I will agree that it easier to get your homebrew set up with ARK, so for someone who is deciding whether to get TN-V or ARK, I would suggest installing ARK first. Once you have that installed, you can place the PBOOT.PBP in another PSP game (including demos) so that you can have both TN-V and ARK. I downloaded the free demo for Petz saddle club then copied the TN-V PBOOT into it using VitaFTP (run from ARK); then after doing Vita -> PC backup, and PC -> Vita restore, I have my original ARK bubble and a TN-V bubble.

im also on 3.55 and ive done this and both are working but i cant figure out how to get my ps1 eboot to work ive created a INSTALL.ZIP containing "PSP\GAME\SLES01301\EBOOT.PBP" and if i stick it in TNV_00000 when i click "Memory Stick" i just get the loading symbol and if i stick it in ARK_01234 it doesnt show up can someone help.

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if with my blue screen of death issue, if something isn't fully deleted on the vita's core that is preventing me from properly reinstalling tn-v11...

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im also on 3.55 and ive done this and both are working but i cant figure out how to get my ps1 eboot to work ive created a INSTALL.ZIP containing "PSP\GAME\SLES01301\EBOOT.PBP" and if i stick it in TNV_00000 when i click "Memory Stick" i just get the loading symbol and if i stick it in ARK_01234 it doesnt show up can someone help.

TNV and ARK can't write to the game folder 3.55 Firmware made that change, so you need VHBL Folder. TNV was not corrected to write to the VHBL folder, TehCupcakes says that ARK was fixed to write to the VHBL folder instead ... I haven't tested that, but I assume that is true. Either way, you need the game2vhbl.prx installed, take the longer method and follow the guide on the first post, to install your game from PSP Filer using ARK. You also need ARK to use PSP FILER to create the "seplugins" folder in the root of your memory card for the game2vhbl.prx plugin. Gona come back in about a hour and try to add another bubble for ARK using the method he described if he doesn't reply by then, then I'll update the first post, if it works.

I'm wondering if with my blue screen of death issue, if something isn't fully deleted on the vita's core that is preventing me from properly reinstalling tn-v11...

Blue Screen of Death only applies to bad PS1 eboot.pbp files or non PSN eboot.pbp files. The error message comes from the native PS1 Emulator you've installed with 6.60 after you installed TNV. Reinstalling ARK or TNV, will not touch those files, or core files. Take about an hour or two and go step by step with the Guide in the first post for installing PS1 Games. Don't use "Final Fantasy 7 Spirit Bug Fix" because its not PSN PS1 Backup, sorry about that.

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did your steps to put digimon world 2003 on the vita but when I went to try it I got nothing but a black screen then when I tried to delete it on the tn-v11 I got the blue screen now every time I try to reinstall it I get the blue screen after I start the exploit...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal