Homebrew Injected SecureInfo_A in attempt to bypass a ban now I am stuck at a black screen blue light

suhloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I get roasted, I am a noob to this and I know I probably messed up. So I was attempting to unban my console with the localfriendseed method and I went to inject my hex edited SecureInfo and that worked fine. Went to inject my LocalFriend seed and it failed so I went to see what was wrong and restarted my console. And now we are here. I followed this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-unban-your-nintendo-3ds.449251/

If anyone has any tips on what I can do or if my console is bricked please let me know! Thanks

edit: Forgot to mention I tried starting it without my SD with no luck and trying to boot into sysnand with holding L while booting did not work. Also tried booting into Decrypt with no luck.

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I get roasted, I am a noob to this and I know I probably messed up. So I was attempting to unban my console with the localfriendseed method and I went to inject my hex edited SecureInfo and that worked fine. Went to inject my LocalFriend seed and it failed so I went to see what was wrong and restarted my console. And now we are here. I followed this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-unban-your-nintendo-3ds.449251/

If anyone has any tips on what I can do or if my console is bricked please let me know! Thanks

edit: Forgot to mention I tried starting it without my SD with no luck and trying to boot into sysnand with holding L while booting did not work. Also tried booting into Decrypt with no luck.
Do you have a NAND backup?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also tried booting into Decrypt with no luck.
Please explain this part better, as launching a .bin doesn't depend on anything on the ctrnand partition, so replacing SecureInfo (or even accidentally screwing with any other files nearby) couldn't possibly completely break D9...

(inb4 no A9LH)

suhloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please explain this part better, as launching a .bin doesn't depend on anything on the ctrnand partition, so replacing SecureInfo (or even accidentally screwing with any other files nearby) couldn't possibly completely break D9...

(inb4 no A9LH)
I am %90 sure I have a9lh. http://prnt.sc/d938ay That is the root of my SD card at the moment. The acestream media files are just .bin files. Everything was working fine until I injected the SecureInfo. I tried making a payloads folder inside the luma folder and added decrypt9 there. Pic: http://prntscr.com/d93616

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am %90 sure I have a9lh. http://prnt.sc/d938ay That is the root of my SD card at the moment. The acestream media files are just .bin files. Everything was working fine until I injected the SecureInfo. I tried making a payloads folder inside the luma folder and added decrypt9 there. Pic: http://prntscr.com/d93616
Looks good...
Maybe try adding GodMode9 to another payload-button and see if that opens? If you have a nand backup with a9lh already installed, you'll be able to restore it with GM9 too (or just extract secureinfo from any nand backup of your console)!

suhloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks good...
Maybe try adding GodMode9 to another payload-button and see if that opens? If you have a nand backup with a9lh already installed, you'll be able to restore it with GM9 too (or just extract secureinfo from any nand backup of your console)!
My 3DS is set to boot into Menuhax unless I held the L button then it went into sysnand. So I am pretty sure I messed up. I thought I was using a9lh to boot up but it was through menuhax. Only way to get past this black screen is to hard mod which I cant do. Unfortunate...

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My 3DS is set to boot into Menuhax unless I held the L button then it went into sysnand. So I am pretty sure I messed up. I thought I was using a9lh to boot up but it was through menuhax. Only way to get past this black screen is to hard mod which I cant do. Unfortunate...

In theory you could have both A9LH and menuhax, but yeah, if you installed an unsigned secureinfo on sysnand without A9LH, hardmod time...

suhloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds likes it's bricked to me as well. You need a hardmod to restore that console, since no payloads will boot.
Yeah I was impatient again and tried doing a quick method of getting unbanned. I got 40 hours of playtime on pokemon moon for free so that's worth getting bricked tbh.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I was impatient again and tried doing a quick method of getting unbanned. I got 40 hours of playtime on pokemon moon for free so that's worth getting bricked tbh.
if you're not planning on getting a hard-mod and getting a new 3ds, i don't want to be a dick honestly but would you spare that friendcode.sed xD? I'm soo sorry i had to ask lmfao

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and to try to help you out, there was a file once when a9lh came out that would be named arm9loaderhax.bin but would only show a confirmation that a9lh is working on your 3ds, you could try to put that on a blank sd and boot that to make sure a9lh is in order + ur sd ain't fauly, if that does not worked you're pretty much bricked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show