Injected SecureInfo_A in attempt to bypass a ban now I am stuck at a black screen blue light

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by suhloth, Nov 19, 2016.

1. suhloth
    OP

suhloth Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    Canada
    Before I get roasted, I am a noob to this and I know I probably messed up. So I was attempting to unban my console with the localfriendseed method and I went to inject my hex edited SecureInfo and that worked fine. Went to inject my LocalFriend seed and it failed so I went to see what was wrong and restarted my console. And now we are here. I followed this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-unban-your-nintendo-3ds.449251/

If anyone has any tips on what I can do or if my console is bricked please let me know! Thanks

edit: Forgot to mention I tried starting it without my SD with no luck and trying to boot into sysnand with holding L while booting did not work. Also tried booting into Decrypt with no luck.

2. ThePanchamBros

ThePanchamBros Hates the Undertale Fandom

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Under your bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Do you have a NAND backup?

3. suhloth
    OP

suhloth Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    Canada
    Yeah I have a sysnand backup from when I first modified my 3ds. Not sure how I would go about restoring it to that nand though.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Please explain this part better, as launching a .bin doesn't depend on anything on the ctrnand partition, so replacing SecureInfo (or even accidentally screwing with any other files nearby) couldn't possibly completely break D9...

(inb4 no A9LH)

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    sounds like someone wasn't on a9lh and bricked sysnand, your gonna need a hard mod and nand backup

Ryccardo likes this.
  6. suhloth
    OP

suhloth Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    Canada
    I am %90 sure I have a9lh. http://prnt.sc/d938ay That is the root of my SD card at the moment. The acestream media files are just .bin files. Everything was working fine until I injected the SecureInfo. I tried making a payloads folder inside the luma folder and added decrypt9 there. Pic: http://prntscr.com/d93616

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Looks good...
    Maybe try adding GodMode9 to another payload-button and see if that opens? If you have a nand backup with a9lh already installed, you'll be able to restore it with GM9 too (or just extract secureinfo from any nand backup of your console)!

8. suhloth
    OP

suhloth Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    Canada
    My 3DS is set to boot into Menuhax unless I held the L button then it went into sysnand. So I am pretty sure I messed up. I thought I was using a9lh to boot up but it was through menuhax. Only way to get past this black screen is to hard mod which I cant do. Unfortunate...

9. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    In theory you could have both A9LH and menuhax, but yeah, if you installed an unsigned secureinfo on sysnand without A9LH, hardmod time...

10. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Sounds likes it's bricked to me as well. You need a hardmod to restore that console, since no payloads will boot.

11. suhloth
    OP

suhloth Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    Canada
    Yeah I was impatient again and tried doing a quick method of getting unbanned. I got 40 hours of playtime on pokemon moon for free so that's worth getting bricked tbh.

12. Dennis G

Dennis G GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    if you're not planning on getting a hard-mod and getting a new 3ds, i don't want to be a dick honestly but would you spare that friendcode.sed xD? I'm soo sorry i had to ask lmfao

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

oh and to try to help you out, there was a file once when a9lh came out that would be named arm9loaderhax.bin but would only show a confirmation that a9lh is working on your 3ds, you could try to put that on a blank sd and boot that to make sure a9lh is in order + ur sd ain't fauly, if that does not worked you're pretty much bricked

13. TheBradest

TheBradest Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States

vb_encryption_vb can you get into contact with me? Thanks!

14. Junhyukko

Junhyukko Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2016
    Canada
    @vb_encryption_vb
    I have the same issue as well, how much do you charge? I live in Canada so I would like estimate the total cost.