Hacking Inhumanly furious after spending 48 hours total failing to compile SNEEK.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As the title implies, I am ready to murder something after spending my days off trying (and utterly failing) to figure out how to compile SNEEK and armboot.bin from https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sneek/setup/compiling-the-source. I've scoured the internet and this is literally killing me inside. I tried to run some form of SNEEK by using ModMii, and I got as far as the the Health Screen before it crashing, so I figured I would try a guide such as the aforementioned, and among other things, I get an soul crushing amount of warnings about "no such file or directory" when running build_boot2.cmd. I've followed all the steps, what the HELL am I doing wrong? As a Canadian, I apologize for the anger, it is merely directed towards whatever is preventing me from compiling the source, and it could be anything, but I've run out of patience. Please help! Ideally I'd love for someone to just build it for me, but according to the guide, it's got copyrighted stuff in it so that isn't in the cards on this site. Does anyone know of a up-to-date guide, or can someone write a little tutorial for me?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Modmii my friend, and patience, first boot can take a long time as it is expanding the file system. I believe there might be a long pause after the health screen too, so after u boot up just wait!

If that doesn't work, try using modmii to build Neek in conjunction with your own dumped nand.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that completesoftmodguide page is outdated (googlecode is closed), and tells you only one (old) way to do it.

Of course, Modmii is the easiest method. And you don't need python or devkitpro at all!
If you still want to do it manually, I also wrote a guide (one of them involves modmii, I wrote step by steps guide using modmii).

But maybe you really want to "compile" modmii ? from the sources?
compiling from the sources is only useful if you are a developer and made some changes to improve (or break...) sneek.
If you don't want to compile the sources, you only need the ready to use precompiled binaries, and you only miss the .app conversion done by modmii or sneek installer.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file not found errors during compiling are because the neek2o repository is missing 3 build tools.

You can get them from Crediar's original SNEEK repository: https://github.com/crediar/sneek

Put the IOSKStrip, ELFIns, and eFIX folders in your custom-di source folder.

You can get the 0000000E.app file without NUSDownloader if you have a NAND dump. It's in "/title/00000001/00000050/" (It's part of IOS80)

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: x65943

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, it's still missing with latest modmii version?
XFlak made a lot of updates recently to fix dead urls.

I thought 0000000E.app could be found directly from crediar's sneek installer. but when I re-read my guide I see I have a NUSD step, so maybe I'm wrong. I thought clicking "look for missing file" (or a button with a similar name) would get that file directly from Nintendo's servers.
if not working, you can always dump your nand like Greywolf said, or extract an IOS80.wad (from any disc's update partition, using WiiXplorer)

edit:
Oh, I just noticed I forgot to link to my guide when I talked about it.
here it is : https://gbatemp.net/posts/6592730
it contains link to 2 guides :
create neek using modmii (xflak)
create neek using neek installer (crediar)

Last edited by Cyan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're actually compiling it you don't need the sneek installer so ModMii doesn't use them. Those 3 tools and the make batch file do the same thing.

As to the initial boot as XFlak mentioned- it's better if you boot the NAND dump with NEEK at least once before you start sticking titles in it. That way you know it's working at all. :)

GraphiX2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As the title implies, I am ready to murder something after spending my days off trying (and utterly failing) to figure out how to compile SNEEK and armboot.bin from https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sneek/setup/compiling-the-source. I've scoured the internet and this is literally killing me inside. I tried to run some form of SNEEK by using ModMii, and I got as far as the the Health Screen before it crashing, so I figured I would try a guide such as the aforementioned, and among other things, I get an soul crushing amount of warnings about "no such file or directory" when running build_boot2.cmd. I've followed all the steps, what the HELL am I doing wrong? As a Canadian, I apologize for the anger, it is merely directed towards whatever is preventing me from compiling the source, and it could be anything, but I've run out of patience. Please help! Ideally I'd love for someone to just build it for me, but according to the guide, it's got copyrighted stuff in it so that isn't in the cards on this site. Does anyone know of a up-to-date guide, or can someone write a little tutorial for me?

I feel your pain.... 6 hours today been trying to follow that same guide. I got upto the part of doing the compile and then it just goes on a chase your tail mission to nohwere.

As we begin makekeys.bin no longer exists, you need to grab wiiscrubber to find this file... Without makekeys you can't make the keys lol

Code:
svn checkout http://sneek.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ sneek

well this no longer exists... So you then have to go to their site go to the RAW section go to souce then manually download each file.
Or, download the entire SVN then have to nagivate to trunk to move all the files from this to the root of C:\Sneek and delete everything else.

Then we get to the real chase your tail....

Code:
devkitProUpdater-1.5.0: http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/Automated%20Installer/

No longer hosted on sourceforge re-directs to another site where you grab the installer kit running that will tell you that you no longer have an internet connection lol
So....To fix that you need to setup internet explorer as your browser of choice re-configure the network settings then the installer will finally run...

Devkit will NOT install to the ROOT of c:\ like in the guide it's greyed out. So have to install it to c:\1 then cut and paste the files out of that onto C:\
Only... Best part....Theirs no files it installs lol due to the sourceforge source no longer being active so the installer installs 0btye files.

Back to the Devkitpro website and then click on the big link getting started... Follow all that only to find out the Windows binaries is access forbidden.

Server = https://downloads.devkitpro.org/packages/windows

This is an impossible task to create this compiled SEEK doing it manually without something like ModMii

Last edited by GraphiX2004,

GraphiX2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you really *need* to compile it from source? Because you can use SNEEK easily manual with the SNEEK Installer, see Cyans post.

Hey Brawl :) Oh yea ModMii compiling SNEEK DI+ and UNEEK DI+ etc is a breeze takes seconds to do... But It's great learning how to do things the old manual way for learning purposes.
Just kind of impossible using guides to software now that should still exist and does, but they make you jump through a million and 1 hoops to even get a hold of it.

Reactions: Brawl345

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just kind of impossible using guides to software now that should still exist and does, but they make you jump through a million and 1 hoops to even get a hold of it.

devkitpro is infamous for backward in-compatibility and the developer has been trying hard to stop old versions being shared, if you can't find the version that is required to compile a project, you may ask the developer to help fix it or you can forget about it.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I managed to compile revision 202 of the vWii SNEEK (with no errors), but I cannot get it to boot into an EmuNAND either via USBLoader GX or nSwitch. I extract my vWii NAND to SDXC:/nands/pl_us/ however ends up creating empty NAND folders (title, sys, shared1, shared2, etc) on my SD root. I'm assuming I can compile a Wii SNEEK by just swapping out my extracted vWii IOS80, with an extracted Wii IOS80, and use an original Wii NAND dump. However it doesn't matter at this point because I managed to create a working Wii SNEEK EmuNAND, (no DI or UNEEK, anything that uses my HDD doesn't want to work, probably because it is split with a FAT32 and NTFS partition, and that screws up NEEK)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can use neek2o instead. You can get it precompiled I believe, and ModMii does a lot of the hard work for you and generates a guide.
Neek2o is more updated anyway.

Edit: Ah, vWii. This should be in the Wii U section instead then as I don't think Neek2o works on vWii and the instructions and files are often different between Wii and vWii. ModMii also doesn't support vWii I think. But there are vWii specific guides you could use in the Wii U section.

Edit: http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/8119-Compiling-a-vWii-compatible-version-of-SNEEK
Found this linked in the Wii U section. It doesn't explain how to boot the emuNAND but I believe you need a vWii specific version of nSwitch as homebrew channels designed for Wii won't work on vWii. You can also use USB Loader GX which will work and I believe it will see the games on emuNAND from sysNAND, and if neek mode is enabled, it automatically boots the game in emuNAND (but to return to sysNAND, you still need nSwitch or something similar), if neek mode is disabled it just uses the built in emuNAND which has the advantage of letting you not redirect save access if you don't want, but compatibility isn't perfekt. With neek mode compatibility is 100%.
There is a tool to convert channels for Wii to vWii compatible if you can't find a vWii nSwitch.

Edit2: This post by our USB loader guru @Cyan has links to the tool to convert wads, and also links to pre-made vWii compatible wads: https://gbatemp.net/threads/vwii-sneek.360615/page-23#post-8440765
Turns out there is also a version of Neek2o compatible with vWii so you may want to look into that since it's more up to date.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?