Software Infinity 2.0 released for the PSP, allows for persistent CFW on all models of PSPs on 6.60 and 6.61

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 10, 2019.

Front-page Software
    41O8cJVu2uL._SR600,315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.

Scene dev Davee, known for their work in regards to creating various tools for the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita, has graced the PSP scene with one final contribution. Released today is the 2.0 update to Infinity, a homebrew that lets you keep your custom firmware on your PSP, even after you've rebooted, meaning once you've installed a CFW, it'll be persistent. Infinity 2.0 supports PSP's on firmwares 6.60 and 6.61, for every hardware revision and model, even the notorious PSP Street. You can grab the official download on Davee's site, or through their GitHub, both of which are linked below. Instructions are fairly simple, requiring you to simply copy the provided EBOOT.PBP file to your PSP and install the application.

Installation
    To install infinity you must be on either firmware 6.60 or 6.61. If you have an old version of infinity (< 2.0), then you must uninstall it first by using Chronoswitch 7 or higher.

Download and extract the latest version of infinity. The extracted contents should be:

• standard folder containing the tool for non-PSPgo models.
    • pspgo folder contain the tool for PSPgo models.
    • README.md this readme file.
    • LICENSE a copy of the MIT license covering this software.
    Instructions for PSP 1000, 2000, 3000 and Street
    Browse into the standard directory in the download and copy the file EBOOT.PBP to the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder on your PSP. If this folder does not exist you may need to create it.

Instructions for PSPgo
    Browse into the pspgo directory in the download and copy the file EBOOT.PBP to the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder on your PSPgo. If this folder does not exist you may need to create it.

Instructions for all PSP models
    Once the correct EBOOT.PBP file has been copied to your PSP, you can run the application to install infinity to your device. Re-running the application after installation will allow you to select which custom firmware you want enabled. You will need to run the installer for the custom firmware before enabling it within the infinity app.

Infinity supports both PRO and ME custom firmwares. Consult the installation material for theses custom firmwares for further instructions.

:arrow: Source
    :download: GitHub

Discussion (59 replies)
  1. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Founder of Woolooism

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    The Official First Wooloo Church
    First. Also, this is a game changer for me since I've held off on getting a used PSP 3000 due to the inability to install persistent CFW on most firmwares on them.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    * Screams like an anime fan on prom night * :lol:

Okay okay okay, let me find my psp first. *Scrambles to find the game* Okay, let's do this! :yaypsp:

Oops, dead battery. Give me a hour or two before I try. :ninja:

My gosh, when was the last time I used this? :blink:

3. Voxel

Voxel Master of moonjumps

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Just reverted to stock 6.61 and installed it on my PSP Go. The install process was much faster than before, and the glorified savestate pause/resume function works now, so that's neat.

4. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    uh? You could already use Infinity.

seseiSeki, Hoppy and Ryccardo like this.
  5. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Perfect! If not for my PSP's dead battery, i would install that in a heartbeat :D

skullkeeper94 likes this.
  6. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    This is awesome because it makes any PSP hackable.

7. Godofcheese

Godofcheese Insane

Dec 31, 2016
    Sweden
    Shivering Isles
    This is nice :)
    I'm still on 6.2 with PRO-C

Not sure if there's even a reason to go beyond that and update to 6.60 :>

raxadian and Carlos_DobleC like this.
  8. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    While this is very nice in general and especially for people who have vanilla PSPs, if you already have CFW, you are fine as you are. Sure, 8g and up couldn't permanently install CFW, but big whoop, you should never really be turning the PSP off anyways, making it only come into play like once a month when it crashes and turns off or when you accidentally turn it off, 99.9% of the time you should leave your PSP in sleep mode, hardly uses any battery because PSP has THE most efficient sleep mode out of every complex portable media device, meaning you can leave it in sleep mode for even 3 months and still have battery left:P

PS: For anyone curious, you need 6.60 or 6.61 for the more recent games released for it, but pretty much all of them are Japan-only ones (out of which most are VNs)... 6.61 only adds ONE game honestly so it's kinda retarded but yeah, go for 6.60 if you need to play the games that need it.

Kwyjor, raxadian and alexander1970 like this.
  9. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    Time to buy the last model of the PSP

10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    AS SOON as Psded was released i traded my psp for it.
    As a Psded owner, i don't care much about it but still amazed about author's tireless effort.

11. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    I have 6.61 cfw pro and that feature has always worked as intended.

alexander1970 likes this.
  12. Voxel

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    But did you have infinity as well? The first versions were known to break support for it.

.EXE likes this.
  13. Sakitoshi

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    why would I?
    no need to have 2 cfw's if pro works perfectly and does everything you need from a cfw.

ThoD and alexander1970 like this.
  14. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Washington State
    I had a weird issue with the previous version of Infinity on my PSPgo where it would delete/corrupt whatever flash partition the user settings got stored. Seems like as good an excuse as any to pull out the Go and try again, though.

MicmasH_W and alexander1970 like this.
  15. Voxel

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    You do know that infinity is designed be used alongside pro-c or lme, right? It's the part that lets pro-c/lme run on bootup so you don't have to run a launcher on every reboot anymore. That's the whole point of it.

Madridi and .EXE like this.
  16. Sakitoshi

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    is that so? I was here thinking that it was an alternative to pro and me.
    well, if infinity is so glitchy then I'll stay away from it even more. I have refrained from using permanent cfw because it's known to be dangerous and if anything goes wrong I can turn off my psp knowing that everything will be back to normal when I turn in on again. That's far more importante that saving 10 seconds and a couple button presses.

Kwyjor likes this.
  17. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Founder of Woolooism

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    The Official First Wooloo Church
    Really? I never heard of Infinity until this thread, but the last time I had a PSP, there was no way to install persistent CFW on 98% of PSP 3000 models (only systems that had with stock firmware and were never updated were compatible). Has CFW really progressed THAT much since 5 years ago? Everyone was saying homebrew for PSP was dead at the time, so I never really looked into whether new stuff was made. :huh:

18. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Infinity has existed for a long while, I installed it on my 3k when it came out.

1MiinMofo likes this.
  19. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Installed infinity 2.0 on a 3000 (05g), Go and Street. All on 6.60 Pro Cfix3 for psx compatibility.

All working as intended.