1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I'm kinda curious, what cfw are people using? I noticed that this says I can install "Pro" or "Me" not that I remember the difference. But I guess i just want to know the differences or which is better. I looked at my psp and saw I had "Pro-C" on there so I just went with that when I installed infinity. But what are your guys idea? :unsure:

2. seseiSeki

seseiSeki GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Some years ago, when I got a 300X, I looked it up and nowadays, there's basically no difference in usage according to my research. Maybe there's some under the hood stuff, that's different, but as an end user it doesn't matter which one you get.
    I just kinda stuck to Me, since that's what I always used on my 200X.

3. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Greece
    Main difference on earlier versions was some homebrew would work better on one than the other, but like you said, nowadays they are basically the same, just some very minor stuff might not work properly on one or the other depending on version (eg: some animated themes don't work on 6.60 Pro-B10 or higher but work on equivalent ME or vice versa).

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Pandora's battery is 100% unrelated (and if you have a console that meets the imprecise but popular definition of "pandora compatible" then it actually is CIPL compatible and you should not be using Infinity in the first place, but rather a proper permanent CFW)

Do you prefer customizable colors ([L]ME) or fonts (PRO) for the recovery and vsh menus?
    Do you prefer a built-in analog blocker (PRO) or battery flasher (ME, not that it matters for any console except the 1000) in the recovery menu?
    Do you want more choices for optical drive emulation ([L]ME) that are rarely if ever needed, on top of the usual Sony NP9660 or Inferno drivers?
    Do you want support for old style (GAME150 percent-folder) homebrews? (the LEDA plugin bundled with [L]ME, though you can use it on PRO if you want)
    ...Do you prefer immediate autosave ([L]ME) or higher performance (PRO) in the recovery menu?
    Are you Richard Stallman or a strong follower of the free software movement? (PRO)
    The vsh menu is supposed to open if you press select while in the xmb but there is a bug, you get to choose through your choice of cfw if you also want it in the photo or the video player :P

ThoD likes this.
  5. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    I've CFW 6.60 PRO C(PSP street) , can i install infinity 2.0 on my PSP street or before that i need to do something else ?

6. ChiefReginod

ChiefReginod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Has anyone successfully used this on a PSP Street model? I can't exit the configuration screen because the Home button doesn't work and it doesn't seem to save the configuration until you exit.

All steps up to this point were completed successfully, but since the Home button doesn't work on the configuration screen I can't complete the configuration.

EDIT: Never mind. It turns out the Home button is physically defective. According to what I've found looking for a solution, this seems to be a common problem with the Street models.

Last edited by ChiefReginod, Dec 4, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - persistent, Infinity, released