Software Infinity 2.0 released for the PSP, allows for persistent CFW on all models of PSPs on 6.60 and 6.61

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 10, 2019.

1. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    @Windows_10_User VSH menu works fine,i had the old infinity on 6.6.1 then i used chronoswitch7 to reinstall official 6.6.1 & installed infinity 2.0.3 everything works as before,the only difference is latest infinity is much easier to install. infinity Dev is very clever guy

2. Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I also had the old infinity on 6.61, then used chronoswitch to reinstall OFW 6.61 and afterwards installed the latest infinity.

3. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    try resetting your console ?

4. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    This is cool, but what benefit is there to upgrading from LME permanent 6.20?

5. Windows_10_User

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    How?

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The same ones of going from unmodded 6.20 to unmodded 6.61 (chiefly TLS 1.0 support for a few more websites including accessing the PS Store, and proper (no spoof) support for the very last releases)

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    Wait.. the PSP Store is still online? Didn't know there were any games that need spoofed on 6.20.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, I do remember setting up spoofing in LME.. not sure it was actually necessary for any of my games though.

Last edited by simbin, Nov 12, 2019
  8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Sure! You can't freely browse it (no huge loss - you can do that more efficiently from a PC) but you can open the purchase history and download
    Yep, there are some titles with a minimum version higher than 6.20 (though I don't personally know of any - mostly Japanese releases)
    (6.61, apart from adding TLS 1, fixed such a game)

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  9. Windows_10_User

Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    It's working, don't know what I did.

10. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    The bricks happened if you downgraded, but if you were between 6.2 and 6.4 already there was no risk for bricking. Pandora Battery worked for everything and it downgraded without risk of bricking compared to the other methods that had a risk on the 300X and up (8g and up, so 3000-3004/E1004/Street) models. All PSPs came with 6.4 tops pre-installed, so you needed PB only if you had upgraded, but even without it, downgrading was still possible with only ~0.1% chance of bricking (it became 0% around the moment 6.60 Pro-B9 rolled out), much lower than the 3DS's in the a9lh era (~0.8%).

About this and for anyone having problems with homebrews, EVERY SINGLE NEW CFW VERSION breaks compatibility with homebrews and you have to get an updated version of homebrews, IF there even is one, reason in my earlier post I said you should stick with what you have if you already have CFW. Hell, even things like 6.60 Pro-B10 being as ancient as it is still doesn't have anywhere near as good compatibility as Pro-B9 (10 breaks animated themes for example).

THYPLEX likes this.
  11. silvershadow

silvershadow GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2006
    Canada
    thank you.

Davee responded as well. in my case, it was cwcheat plugin that i had turned on that i didnt even realize.

i am using the same CFW in this case, it wasnt a new one, it was a new infinity, which seemed unrelated as infinity is not a custom firmware.

12. JCR1

JCR1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2011
    Mexico
    I have this questions for my PSP go
    With this the pause game feature is persistent like in 6.20 cfw? Or erases it after is loaded?

And which is the best firmware for psone games? I can't run worms Armageddon and rayman 2 is very slow

13. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    Updated all my psp's succesfully.

14. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    I'll say it as a possessor of a PSP street :
    THANKS , THANKS AND THANKS !!

Ryccardo and alexander1970 like this.
  15. Garirry

Garirry Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2014
    Canada
    Last time I tried installing Infinity on a 3000 I bricked the system. The installer was a complete mess and on top of having redundant steps like forcing you to copy the special flash that the program creates into another folder for no good reason, it doesn't actually verify the file prior to flashing it, so when the copying failed because the USB transfer is buggy as hell, it errored out after beginning the flash and offered no recovery other than restarting.

I hope to god this is more stable, although I probably won't use it on my new 3000 anyway. Great to hear about the E1000 compatibility though.

THYPLEX likes this.
  16. mrgone

mrgone old man

Nov 6, 2002
    Germany
    close to the oktoberfest
    nevermind

Last edited by mrgone, Nov 16, 2019
  17. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    WHOO! GOTTA GRAB MY PSP..!

Oh, yeah, lost the charger.. and since it's a 1000 series, the screen ghosts like a motherfucker..

.. Just remembered that's why I stopped using it..

... Time to prowl eBay and the trading forums for a used PSP Go..

18. LoggerMan

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    does this mean you don't need the trick battery anymore?

19. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    I have a PSP 2000 with a dead drive which I'll be updating the mods on and also a PSPGo, my broken PSP3000 :( and my virgin 1000 will remain as they are. Unless I can fix the 3000.

20. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    When I try to run Chronoswitch on my PSPGo it just says fails to load the game with an error code.

I just want to fix the resume funtion, help please.