Infinity 2.0 released for the PSP, allows for persistent CFW on all models of PSPs on 6.60 and 6.61

41O8cJVu2uL._SR600,315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Scene dev Davee, known for their work in regards to creating various tools for the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita, has graced the PSP scene with one final contribution. Released today is the 2.0 update to Infinity, a homebrew that lets you keep your custom firmware on your PSP, even after you've rebooted, meaning once you've installed a CFW, it'll be persistent. Infinity 2.0 supports PSP's on firmwares 6.60 and 6.61, for every hardware revision and model, even the notorious PSP Street. You can grab the official download on Davee's site, or through their GitHub, both of which are linked below. Instructions are fairly simple, requiring you to simply copy the provided EBOOT.PBP file to your PSP and install the application.

Installation
To install infinity you must be on either firmware 6.60 or 6.61. If you have an old version of infinity (< 2.0), then you must uninstall it first by using Chronoswitch 7 or higher.

Download and extract the latest version of infinity. The extracted contents should be:

• standard folder containing the tool for non-PSPgo models.
  • pspgo folder contain the tool for PSPgo models.
  • README.md this readme file.
  • LICENSE a copy of the MIT license covering this software.
Instructions for PSP 1000, 2000, 3000 and Street
Browse into the standard directory in the download and copy the file EBOOT.PBP to the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder on your PSP. If this folder does not exist you may need to create it.

Instructions for PSPgo
Browse into the pspgo directory in the download and copy the file EBOOT.PBP to the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder on your PSPgo. If this folder does not exist you may need to create it.

Instructions for all PSP models
Once the correct EBOOT.PBP file has been copied to your PSP, you can run the application to install infinity to your device. Re-running the application after installation will allow you to select which custom firmware you want enabled. You will need to run the installer for the custom firmware before enabling it within the infinity app.

Infinity supports both PRO and ME custom firmwares. Consult the installation material for theses custom firmwares for further instructions.

:arrow: Source
:download: GitHub

D

Deleted User

Just reverted to stock 6.61 and installed it on my PSP Go. The install process was much faster than before, and the glorified savestate pause/resume function works now, so that's neat.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
First. Also, this is a game changer for me since I've held off on getting a used PSP 3000 due to the inability to install persistent CFW on most firmwares on them.
uh? You could already use Infinity.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
While this is very nice in general and especially for people who have vanilla PSPs, if you already have CFW, you are fine as you are. Sure, 8g and up couldn't permanently install CFW, but big whoop, you should never really be turning the PSP off anyways, making it only come into play like once a month when it crashes and turns off or when you accidentally turn it off, 99.9% of the time you should leave your PSP in sleep mode, hardly uses any battery because PSP has THE most efficient sleep mode out of every complex portable media device, meaning you can leave it in sleep mode for even 3 months and still have battery left:P

PS: For anyone curious, you need 6.60 or 6.61 for the more recent games released for it, but pretty much all of them are Japan-only ones (out of which most are VNs)... 6.61 only adds ONE game honestly so it's kinda retarded but yeah, go for 6.60 if you need to play the games that need it.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AS SOON as Psded was released i traded my psp for it.
As a Psded owner, i don't care much about it but still amazed about author's tireless effort.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Just reverted to stock 6.61 and installed it on my PSP Go. The install process was much faster than before, and the glorified savestate pause/resume function works now, so that's neat.
I have 6.61 cfw pro and that feature has always worked as intended.

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

why would I?
no need to have 2 cfw's if pro works perfectly and does everything you need from a cfw.
You do know that infinity is designed be used alongside pro-c or lme, right? It's the part that lets pro-c/lme run on bootup so you don't have to run a launcher on every reboot anymore. That's the whole point of it.

Reactions: Madridi and Voxel

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
You do know that infinity is designed be used alongside pro-c or lme, right? It's the part that lets pro-c/lme run on bootup so you don't have to run a launcher on every reboot anymore. That's the whole point of it.
is that so? I was here thinking that it was an alternative to pro and me.
well, if infinity is so glitchy then I'll stay away from it even more. I have refrained from using permanent cfw because it's known to be dangerous and if anything goes wrong I can turn off my psp knowing that everything will be back to normal when I turn in on again. That's far more importante that saving 10 seconds and a couple button presses.

Reactions: Kwyjor

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
uh? You could already use Infinity.
Really? I never heard of Infinity until this thread, but the last time I had a PSP, there was no way to install persistent CFW on 98% of PSP 3000 models (only systems that had with stock firmware and were never updated were compatible). Has CFW really progressed THAT much since 5 years ago? Everyone was saying homebrew for PSP was dead at the time, so I never really looked into whether new stuff was made. :huh:

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Really? I never heard of Infinity until this thread, but the last time I had a PSP, there was no way to install persistent CFW on 98% of PSP 3000 models (only systems that had with stock firmware and were never updated were compatible). Has CFW really progressed THAT much since 5 years ago? Everyone was saying homebrew for PSP was dead at the time, so I never really looked into whether new stuff was made. :huh:
Infinity has existed for a long while, I installed it on my 3k when it came out.

Reactions: ChibiMofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM