1. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Eh, all the games I am interested in work with the custom firmware I have. That being said if you have a 300/3000 PSP model this is definitely an upgrade.

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

United States
    I´ve been using Inifnity since the release, whts the changelog on 2.0? different from the old one? O:

3. sys64738

sys64738 GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    I have 2 PSPs, all of them is 6.60 Pro C Temp CFW installed.
    I must to reinstal 6.60 OFW, or just install Infinity 2.0 over the Pro C?

4. FR0ZN

FR0ZN GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    What's Pspded ?

THYPLEX likes this.
  5. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    Psvita, the irony is "vita" a Italian word which means life!

THYPLEX likes this.
  6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    True permanent CFWs (CIPL based) are still exclusive to 1000s and early 2000s due to using the CIPL bootrom "exploit"*, then there was the 6.20 permapatch CFW which is coldbooting on any console%, then a similiar exploit was found on 6.31 but instead of creating a 6.31 permapatch CFW, Davee made a 6.31 and 6.6x hybrid (Infinity 1)
    Any newer version (and remember the E1000's minimum system version is 6.50) doesn't have a coldboot exploit, but whatever new development was responsible for it, there now is some permapatch or true permanent option& on 6.6x

* it's not really an exploit if the private keys are known and the custom bootloader is properly signed

% any console that supports 6.20, of course

& I read in passing that the new development is that kirk keys were dumped - kirk is one of the security coprocessors of the PSP, so Infinity 2 may be possibly a "new CIPL"; until the exploit is documented, though...

THYPLEX and alexander1970 like this.
  7. Flame

Flame Me > You

follow the Instructions. don't wing it

THYPLEX likes this.
  8. Robika

Robika GBAtemp Fan

Dude I had a PSP Go and in 3 year I had to reactivate the CFW 2 times.

9. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    What are the differences between PRO and ME CFW regarding 6.61? Any of them works better/easier with emulators over the other option?

10. Ryccardo

Italy
    alexander1970 likes this.
  11. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    "Street"? I've been out of this scene for so many years, that's a new one to me. Is that the 3000? I've never heard it referred to as that. Anyway, cool to see Davee release something. Makes me super nostalgic for the old days.

12. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

United States
    i've never re-activated infinity. this confuses me a little bit lol

13. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Works great on my 3000. Thanks!

14. seseiSeki

seseiSeki GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Whoo. No longer hoping you didn't brick your PSP (Edit: 300X) while installing (Edit: permanent) CFW \^^/

I got a 3004 a few years ago and read about Infinity. Installing it gave me new 3DS flashbacks. "Do NOT close the lid while downgraded to 9.0.0, because it bricks your n3DS!"
    When I finally had Infinity on my PSP, I sighed in relief. But this update is great, since it removes that fear :D

Last edited by seseiSeki, Nov 11, 2019
  15. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Greece
    Ever since like 6.20 there was 0% chance to brick unless you were using some weird Pandora Battery methods and whatnot honestly... Unlike the 3DS that needs downgrading and a bunch of roundabout methods just to get enough priviledges to run the exploits...

alexander1970 likes this.
  16. seseiSeki

seseiSeki GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I'm talking about the 300X. Didn't the Pandora Battery not work on there? And I remember the warnings about Infinity 1.0 possibly bricking your PSP if something goes wrong.

Yeah, good thing those downgrading times are over now.

17. Ryccardo

Italy
    1000 - classic/fat - infrared, unmarked wifi switch on bottom left, "deluxe" umd drive with springloaded tray
    2000 - slim & lite - wifi switch on top, speakers moved to top-front
    3000 - brite - switched the buttons below the screen from semicircles to oval, home button changed from text to logo, thinner ring around logo on umd cover
    N1000 - go - doesn't need a description
    E1000 - street - all plastic, "fake touch" buttons below the screen (like home/start/select on original O3DS), umd cover is as large as the entire rear since it also covers the battery

The pandora battery itself works on all PSPs with active electronics in the battery (so 1000/2000/3000), the problem is with the magic memory stick (no known way to date to sign a homebrew bootloader on non-CIPL consoles, the official recovery software is locked to the serial number of the memory stick and the one for 3000s is even undumped as far as the general public has access to it)

Last edited by Ryccardo, Nov 11, 2019
    seseiSeki and Madridi like this.
  18. silvershadow

silvershadow GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    anyone actually try using their psp since installing this new version of infinity?

I am having a problem, not sure the best place to report it.

the first version of infinity with that latest pro cfw..all my homebrew worked after installing it. (the installer used a fusion 6.31 and 6.61 pbp files if u guys remmeber).

followed the instructions got the new infinity working, but after infinity is running, no homebrew works. (at first i was stupid and forgot to enable pro cfw). so i did that, but then when infinity 2+pro cfw is running at the same time, homebrew dont work but ISO/CSOs work just fine.

i have a bad feeling that only isos were tested and not homebrew.

even things like running the pro cfw "homebrew" a second time doesnt even launch it, it just crashses the psp and i have to turn it on.

to ensure that it isnt related to 6.61 and pro cfw..i removed infinity 2 with chronoswitch and went back to stock 6.61, then ran pro cfw without infinity. and all the homebrew works.

so i've definitely isolated it down to infinity being the problem.

i am using a PSPGO with infinity 2.0.3

anyone can relay the info to davee or does anyone have anything else i can try?

19. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
  20. Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    After installing Infinity 2.0 on a PSP 300, 6.61 Pro-C's VSH menu doesn't work after clicking on the Select button.

Last edited by Windows_10_User, Nov 12, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - persistent, Infinity, released