Gaming Infinite Space hype

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does this game have to come out today, i am still playing my pokemans. I will have to take a break to play this one every now and then.

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
well i went to pick up my pre order now to wait for my DS to finish charging. Dont get me wrong, I will get an undubbed version of the game. this game is too good to just pirate

This game is shaping upto be one of those rare gems that gives you allot of what I've been looking for in a game: Lots of strategy and number crunching, depth in character, long play time with multiple characters.

I played FFT for 100+ hrs, if this game has that much replayability I'll be here till summer.

mandella

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
It definetely is going to be nice game, but my hypometer dropped a bit after reading IGN review. Some things they mention are so obviously stupid (no quest log? cmon, it's 2010, not 1980) that I begin to fear it might be much less fun than I anticipated.

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mandella said:
It definetely is going to be nice game, but my hypometer dropped a bit after reading IGN review. Some things they mention are so obviously stupid (no quest log? cmon, it's 2010, not 1980) that I begin to fear it might be much less fun than I anticipated.

Take that IGN review with 2 shakers of salt. Goto the gamesradar review or the eurogamer review. Both of those folks PLAY RPGs on a regular basis and say "Yes it has flaws but the story, the gameplay, the customization are top notch." I can live with a clunky UI if the story is as grand as all the rest of the reviewers (everyone BUT IGN) is saying it is.

If you are basing buying this game soley on the IGN reviewer you are doing yourself a disservice. Do more research and you'll see this is a hidden gem of a game.

Sleepy_Sheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Leopold said:
If you are basing buying this game soley on the IGN reviewer you are doing yourself a disservice. Do more research and you'll see this is a hidden gem of a game.

Hear, hear. I lost all respect with reviews from IGN many moons ago. As Leopold rightly said, stick with Gamesradar or Eurogamer and you can't go wrong.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find IGN reviews to be very unreliable, as often the people reviewing them aren't people who play that style of game. The reviewers of IGN are very narrow minded and often they give glowing reviews only to "mainstream" games, at least that's how it is recently. Older reviews like years ago, those are good and reasonably reliable.

These days I don't even pay attention to IGN reviews because frankly they're not worth my time. The reviews are rushed and highly biased and don't say anything worth reading.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sleepy_Sheep said:
Just out of interest, which type of ship class are most people looking forward to playing as?

For me it will most likely be a Battleship.
Frigate because it sounds the rudest. Does this game have frigates?

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sleepy_Sheep said:
Just out of interest, which type of ship class are most people looking forward to playing as?

I'm torn between the carrier and the battleship. Definately having the small bulldog with loads of armor and short range weapons plowing through the front end while my horde of fighters stings the enemy to death.

Of course I'll just end up getting the biggest ships possible with the biggest weapons and blasting stuff to smithereens ignoring all damage. Such is life.

albel005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sleepy_Sheep said:

That's a good question i can't wait to see the different types

mandella

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I don't give a damn about IGN reviews, either, BUT... some things they mention are simply stating the fact and it doesn't have anything to do with the reviewer or the whole IGN company: no quest log, akward NPC conversations, some obvious interface mistakes, simplified ship customization. It's not like he's lying about it, he's just stating the fact, and those fact are worrying
frown.gif

Anyway, I'm still gonna play it and decide how good it is for myself, but right now my expectations are much lower than a week ago. Maybe I'll be pleasently surprised.

Sleepy_Sheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Leopold said:
I'm torn between the carrier and the battleship. Definately having the small bulldog with loads of armor and short range weapons plowing through the front end while my horde of fighters stings the enemy to death.

Of course I'll just end up getting the biggest ships possible with the biggest weapons and blasting stuff to smithereens ignoring all damage. Such is life.

Although the Battleships will have serious defense and enormous fire-power, they will be a hell of alot slower than most classes, which should make for more intense, tactical battles, as it will likely take longer for you to build up attacks, while all the while getting bombarded by lighter, faster craft.

The more I think of the tactics which possibly can be employed the sweeter this game sounds.

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sleepy_Sheep said:
Leopold said:

Although the Battleships will have serious defense and enormous fire-power, they will be a hell of alot slower than most classes, which should make for more intense, tactical battles, as it will likely take longer for you to build up attacks, while all the while getting bombarded by lighter, faster craft.

The more I think of the tactics which possibly can be employed the sweeter this game sounds.

It is a Rock v Paper v Scissors game although with a bit more play in how things go. Charging up and getting so close and laying into the bad guys with UBERDAMAGELAZERS is going to be a blast. Sweating it out as the ships get closer and you saying "Come on...Come on...just a little bit more...just a lil bit more...FIRE!!!111!!" Will it be that way? Maybe. I'm expecting something along the lines of Warhammer 40k space battles or Homeworld. If this plays like either of those it'l be worth Every penny as I sunk months into HW 1/2.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sleepy_Sheep said:
|END| said:
Ugh!!!! I can't wait for a dump!!! -Runs out to buy it-

I feel your pain. If there is still no joy by tomorrow, I'm going to have to get my swim wear on and snorkle, then proceed to swim the Atlantic Ocean
tongue.gif

"Salutes" God Speed

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nuker said:
DS Game of the Year 2010??

Nice try, but I'm going to put money it'll get washed over by the Kingdom Hearts game or Pokemons. If it takes more than 4 buttons to do something the average player is just going to say "TOO HARD NO LIKE!" especially if you are dying at every other battle because of strategy issues.

/Looks at Demon Souls
//Shakes fist
///powers up PS3

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leopold said:
nuker said:

Nice try, but I'm going to put money it'll get washed over by the Kingdom Hearts game or Pokemons. If it takes more than 4 buttons to do something the average player is just going to say "TOO HARD NO LIKE!" especially if you are dying at every other battle because of strategy issues.

/Looks at Demon Souls
//Shakes fist
///powers up PS3

Lol, that's funny considering Infinite Space uses no buttons (just stylus), and it's really shallow in terms of strategy. Pokemon is way harder, sadly.

Sleepy_Sheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Leopold said:
nuker said:

/Looks at Demon Souls
//Shakes fist
///powers up PS3

I would love to see this do well by selling millions of units, but in reality it will probably be over-looked by a vast majority of gamers. Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: @Xdqwerty any tips?